Heartquest Rocks - ??

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Nice nice poem.Very fitting. Pictures are fantastic and you seem to be moving along well. The tomb, i would say is too apparent..don't you think?

Ok..I have to go to the pirate talk thread now. Tnet does have one..so avast and ahoy, don't let any yellow bellied scourges hit ya over the noggin with a belaying pin. :skullflag:

ps: hi charlie, good to see ya back.

OP
OP
heartquest

heartquest

Dec 22, 2010
Nice nice poem.Very fitting. Pictures are fantastic and you seem to be moving along well. The tomb, i would say is too apparent..don't you think?

Ok..I have to go to the pirate talk thread now. Tnet does have one..so avast and ahoy, don't let any yellow bellied scourges hit ya over the noggin with a belaying pin. :skullflag:

ps: hi charlie, good to see ya back.

Thank you DM about the poem, and yes, that agrees with what has been said in the past...too apparent.

OP
OP
heartquest

heartquest

Dec 22, 2010
Hello heartquest, I have always checked out the V symbol such as yours, the plug is gone ( or never was one ) usually they just pulled it out to indicate what you seek is gone kinda like knocking the head off of a figure to indicate something removed. I see a large turtle head just above the V looking at the camera, one way to look at a heart may be to use it like a bow and arrow, directional

Hi DSTY, can you tell me what you mean by a V symbol and where it is on the photo? Thanks again for replying above.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
You have two rocks that are similar, besides your hearts. The big rock that you call your poodle rock and the rock on top of your shadow image. How do they line up with each other as far as direction, for example, is one south of the other? Does one point to the other? Also, do you know the distance between the two?

OP
OP
heartquest

heartquest

Dec 22, 2010
Some photos I haven't posted yet... this group of weird rocks is down in the wash near the heart with the face, at the base of the mountain. Many shapes in these...
NearHeartGroup1.jpg NearHeartGroup2.jpg NearHeartGroup3.jpg

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow,great photos and info. heartquest. thanks for sharing. have you found anything that looks like a duck, owl, horse head? great photos,thanks.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heartquest, I don't know WHY they'd carve a figure of a Humpback Whale, but there's one in your first photo. (outlined in red):
with an elephant, of all things, on it's back.........kinda.............outlined in yellow. It MIGHT be a elephant seal because it's leg / foot kinda looks like a flipper. LOL There are several pecked holes in the end of it's trunk / snout. They might have some needed info for your trail. ( values for distance, depth, etc) I've circled the end in white. Those areas I've crudely circled in white have the appearance of holding signs and symbols... If you can spare the water, try spilling some on those areas to see if it would help bring out the shapes better.

EDIT: See if the foot / flipper has a detailed number of toes (toenails). These, too, may have some value. Ask one of the experienced trail hunters for confirmation on that.........the becked holes in the snout end and the toenails. Dsty is the go-to person for info on drill holes and pecked holes.

Attachments

• NearHeartGroup1-heartquest-marked.jpg
    NearHeartGroup1-heartquest-marked.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
OP
OP
heartquest

heartquest

Dec 22, 2010
Heartquest, I don't know WHY they'd carve a figure of a Humpback Whale, but there's one in your first photo. (outlined in red):
with an elephant, of all things, on it's back.........kinda.............outlined in yellow. It MIGHT be a elephant seal because it's leg / foot kinda looks like a flipper. LOL There are several pecked holes in the end of it's trunk / snout. They might have some needed info for your trail. ( values for distance, depth, etc) I've circled the end in white. Those areas I've crudely circled in white have the appearance of holding signs and symbols... If you can spare the water, try spilling some on those areas to see if it would help bring out the shapes better.

EDIT: See if the foot / flipper has a detailed number of toes (toenails). These, too, may have some value. Ask one of the experienced trail hunters for confirmation on that.........the becked holes in the snout end and the toenails. Dsty is the go-to person for info on drill holes and pecked holes.

Thanks for the reply SS. I will go check on all those peck holes tomorrow. I didn't know if that one thing was an elephant or the tail and backend of something else, but it sure does look like an elephant now that you've outlined it. This whole group of rocks is sure interesting and filled with animal shapes.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're most welcomed, Heartquest. I've just noticed, while reviewing that photo.........again...LOL........that there are 2 large black figures, on the side of the elephant's head / side area, facing each other. I must be getting tired (it's late). But, here's a copy showing just them PLUS you can see a large "A" in the area between them. Some other stuff, too, but you'll need to check these things in person.
Great stuff and I thank you again for sharing. :occasion14:

Attachments

• NearHeartGroup1-heartquest-marked2.jpg
    NearHeartGroup1-heartquest-marked2.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 87
OP
OP
heartquest

heartquest

Dec 22, 2010
Here's two more photos. The first is a rock that is on the edge of a disturbed area, the second photo is the disturbed area. It just looks jumbled, not natural. Love 2 hear your thots on these rocks and if you think that one rock might have a tiny heart with a slash down the lobe. That little heart is 6 inches.
TinyHeart.jpg DisturbedArea.jpg

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the second photo, the left part of the rock pile looks like it's covering a hole. That black area in the near left foreground is an opening to a hole.

OP
OP
heartquest

heartquest

Dec 22, 2010
In the second photo, the left part of the rock pile looks like it's covering a hole. That black area in the near left foreground is an opening to a hole.

Hi SS, I looked around, but the rock is just set on an edge. There are lots of places like that in this spot. I have looked carefully, but nothing I could see goes through to a hole...still...definitely a suspicious area and I will be looking around there more. :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
heartquest

heartquest

Dec 22, 2010
Here's another shot of "Hellboy", lol. I went to see if he had an eye because in my last shot the shadows were wrong. In full sun, he sure has an eye!
Hellboy.jpg

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, Heartquest. Thanks for this better photo. When you get the chance; compare his big-nosed profile to the pictograph languages of the Incas, Aztecs, and Mayans. The male faces used the human figure likenesses in their writings have the same kind of profile.

That eye area has a large, raised "3" on the right side of the eyebrow area and there might be the number "2" or "3" just to it's left side.

Now, you'll notice the SECOND carving of "helboy" I've indicated with the light yellow outline. "He" can be seen in your photo, but I increased the contrast just a tad to make it pop a little more.

Attachments

• Hellboy-heartquest.jpg
    Hellboy-heartquest.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 94
OP
OP
heartquest

heartquest

Dec 22, 2010
Wow, Heartquest. Thanks for this better photo. When you get the chance; compare his big-nosed profile to the pictograph languages of the Incas, Aztecs, and Mayans. The male faces used the human figure likenesses in their writings have the same kind of profile.

That eye area has a large, raised "3" on the right side of the eyebrow area and there might be the number "2" or "3" just to it's left side.

Now, you'll notice the SECOND carving of "helboy" I've indicated with the light yellow outline. "He" can be seen in your photo, but I increased the contrast just a tad to make it pop a little more.
Wow...Hellboy and his mini-me. I have started to notice more of this double carving... all over. In fact, from the right angle, the big heart in the wash is a double heart...I will take a photo of that when I am out there next... hopefully tomorrow. We're trying to get a lo done before winter sets in.

OP
OP
heartquest

heartquest

Dec 22, 2010

Wow...Hellboy and his mini-me. I have started to notice more of this double carving... all over. In fact, from the right angle, the big heart in the wash is a double heart...I will take a photo of that when I am out there next... hopefully tomorrow. We're trying to get a lo done before winter sets in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread