Help Identify button with white glass top

myrtlebeach

Jan 13, 2013
Lynchburg, VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently found this button and could use some help identifying it. It has what seems to be a white glass front on it. Definitely not plastic. The back is heavily corroded and I haven't tried cleaning it with anything other than a toothpick yet. Here is some history on the site it was found on. Lot's of very old bricks, a map from the 1820's identified this to be a home site- thats what drew me to this particular location. The same area had confederate and union soldiers on it at certain times. Any help would be appreciated. And any suggestions on how to clean it up a bit would also be helpful. Thanks IMG_1277.JPG IMG_1273.JPG IMG_1275.JPG

OP
OP
M

myrtlebeach

Jan 13, 2013
Lynchburg, VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Bigcypress,

When I saw you mention "large image" I figured that musta been me, and I took it down. I have seen other members commenting today about having difficulty posting images.

This may be a "fashion" button, but it sure has some interesting symbols that harken back to the time of the Rosicrucians and the Templars.

~~~~~~~~~

Myrtlebeach, with the cracks in the milk glass and the crusty backing, I don't think you're gonna have to make room in the safety deposit box for it. That's why I posted that black glass pentagon button for you to watch. What "nodules" make up the outer circle in the milk glass? You said "grooves," but I am seeing an outer ring of nodules, teeth, or something... Are there 25 of them?

The 5 theme seems to repeat. The symbols of the pentagon, Maltese crosses, 5 crosses, all resonate with the Masons, and various early Christian organizations. That is the area that I have been researching, thus far to no avail.

A very compelling mystery, to my eyes.

4630261081_94456c1d59_z.jpg

You have a good eye. The nodules as you call them are worn and hard to see even with a magnifying glass...But...You are correct. There are 5 on each side for a total of 25. I hope I can tie it to something masonic, to me that brings the value up. I never sell my finds but the uniqueness of a piece adds value.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions