OP
OP
BAD 4 MY BRAIN

BAD 4 MY BRAIN

Oct 1, 2006
Rochester, New York
Detector(s) used
my brain
Just a thought that i'd like to put out there,if I were to put a coded message out there for people to decipher I would start the message out with the word"congradulations"... now look at the HCB (pg 18 BOS) and flip the book over.There is only a small line of code there perfectly centered,now why this would be the starting point for the code is only speculation at this point but it may be the key to understanding the code.If it is indeed a simple substitution cipher.Im also doing some work on snail, seeing how he just mysteriously shows up here and there and there are so many spirals in the BOS,they seem to be hinting at his shell.I have done a few things with it and found the word "near"along with other words im not quite ready to reveal at this point.Hope everyone has a SAFE and happy New Year,-BAD-

OP
OP
BAD 4 MY BRAIN

BAD 4 MY BRAIN

Oct 1, 2006
Rochester, New York
Detector(s) used
my brain
Thanks to Marc(creator of this site)there is now a dedicated chatroom for us just click on chat,then click on down arrow next to ADD and select alchemist dar.Ill be in there most of the day hope to talk to some of you soon.Thanks Marc!

hookedonhunts

Apr 5, 2006
Illinois
Hello everyone. Hope your new year has started out good. There's another site you should visit. ravenstreasurehuntingsite.com has great links, forum, and puzzles which you can actually win something. I haven't yet, but I keep trying. Check out the open discussion section on Raven's find. Pretty interesting ring, so similar it's wierd. So did Basher use an existing pattern for the lady bug rings or did he design it just for DAR??
Hooked on Hunts
LeAnn

OP
OP
BAD 4 MY BRAIN

BAD 4 MY BRAIN

Oct 1, 2006
Rochester, New York
Detector(s) used
my brain
Hello everyone, Just wanted to offer everyone a glimmer of hope.I know we have all been working on this quite intensively (if your like me), and it gets frustrating when our ideas don't seem to pan out into the discoveries we are hoping for, but I can assure you that there are solves to be found if you are dedicated to the hunt. I don't have a complete solve, but I can say for certain that one idea I've been working on(amongst the many I have had), I have been able to confirm!!! Finally a real starting point. Unfortunately I cant give specifics due to the disqualification rule but I can say that A LOT of things have been overlooked. Everyone seems to be going too fast,looking for the one big find that or the "Eureka" moment that makes everything clear as a bell. I don't believe it will be as clear cut as that from what I've discovered. This post is not meant as a brag or an "in your face" rambling, because as I said, I DONT HAVE A COMPLETE SOLVE, only a solid starting point. The best advice I can give is SLOW DOWN and follow through on your ideas because some of them may hit the mark. -BAD-

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Bad ,

I agree . I know you are dedicated to this and I like the solve . Look at you E-mail and I think you'll be HAPPY!!!!!!!!

hookedonhunts

Apr 5, 2006
Illinois
Bad,
Just one little question, did you use the "reflection" page in your partial solve or did it help you in anyway? If you don't want to answer, I can understand, rules need to be followed.
LeAnn
Hooked On Hunts

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Hey Hooked,

Glad to see some more trovers on the site. I'm going to check out that site you mentioned. I also Forgot to mention that I read on the other sites that the EXTRA pieces that aren't used on the Light Spells page when put together make a word on each side . Another on the Dar site has put them together and says they make 2 very important words.I am in the middle of puzzling it out now . All the extra pieces on pg. 21 form a word and all the extra pieces on pg. 22 make a word. Hope this helps anyone . Carol

There are 29 pieces on each side that are EXTRA. They don't make up the words when held to the light. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
BAD 4 MY BRAIN

BAD 4 MY BRAIN

Oct 1, 2006
Rochester, New York
Detector(s) used
my brain
Hooked, no I did not use the reflectin page at all...yet. As I sain in my post it is not a complete solve only a strong starting point.-BAD-

OP
OP
BAD 4 MY BRAIN

BAD 4 MY BRAIN

Oct 1, 2006
Rochester, New York
Detector(s) used
my brain
Sorry I haven't posted in a while ive been super busy(unfortunately not on the book like I would like to be), the little bit of time I have been able to work on it has been spent looking for things that have been overlooked,"things that are not obvious but in plain sight"(pg81). Mostly what i've found are letters in the pics, similar to the ones on the pg.62/63 pic. I'm hoping its not just my mind playing tricks but there seem to be an awful lot of them.Hoping to hear how others are doing. My good start (due to lack of time) still remains only that. -BAD-

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Bad,

pgs. 62 & 63 seem to have a ton of letters everywhere. I've got a few things I'm thinking of on them , but will wait til I have gotten to look at it further. Don't want to Jump the gun on my thoughts as I have before , but Direction is always the best way to start. Carol

OP
OP
BAD 4 MY BRAIN

BAD 4 MY BRAIN

Oct 1, 2006
Rochester, New York
Detector(s) used
my brain
Seems to me I'm seeing at least two distinct words on page 63 that have not been mentioned anywhere to my knowledge.I'm not going to say what they are so that someone can tell me what they think and we'll see if the interpretations match. I will say where to look though...PG63 lower right side,above firefly. Someone please respond and confirm my suspicions. Thanks-BAD-

E

Erin2309

Hey everyone! Just found this forum and wanted to say hello. I just found out about the book a few weeks ago, so I'm a total newbie. Hope to find something interesting to share with you all soon!

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Erin,

Welcome. Were glad to have some new eyes on the hunt and new perspectives. Make yourself comfy and enjoy yourself, Carol

E

Erin2309

Hi everyone,

Carol, thanks for the welcome. Well here goes my first brainstorm:

On pg. 9 of the BOS, the figure with the pyramid got me to thinking...So I traced the lines and extended them...And I saw a symbol...I don't want to say what I saw in case I'm completely off base but if anyone can do the same thing and let me know what they see it would be greatly appreciated!
Erin :)

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Erin,

are you extending the lines from the Moons or the from the Pyramid or all them . Let me know and I'll let you know. Alao are you extending all the way to the edge og the page? Carol

OP
OP
BAD 4 MY BRAIN

BAD 4 MY BRAIN

Oct 1, 2006
Rochester, New York
Detector(s) used
my brain
Erin, welcome to our post good to hear from you. I'll give your extention thing a try and get back to you. Once again welcome and dont fry your brain too quickly,cuz its easy to do

E

Erin2309

Carol,
The lines that I am extending are the 2 from the base of the pyramid and the 2 outer lines (1 Solid & 1 Dotted) coming from the circle at the top. I'm extending them until they intersect and a little bit further than that. Thanks for taking a look at this!
Erin

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Erin,

Gotta go to work , but what I did was I drew all the lines and noticed the big X on the moon. I'll do as you suggested today on break and let you know what I find , Carol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions