History Channel - Oak Island mini series January 5, 2014

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem I have had with the money pit containing treasure: How do you recover it if upon returning when someone has sprung the trap? There is another way to recover it or if it is cannon and weapons, you would rather it was lost then get into the wrong hands and there would be no attempt to recover it!

Last edited:

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The problem I have had with the money pit containing treasure: How do you recover it if upon returning when someone has sprung the trap? There is another way to recover it or if it is cannon and weapons, you would rather it was lost then get into the wrong hands and there would be no attempt to recover it!

Once the Money Pit was sealed (air locked at level 8) and back filled it was never intended to be used again.
The Freemasons had built a circular spiral tunnel off of level 9 (105 foot mark) (shown in John Whitney Lewis’s engineering diagrams) to cart the treasure up above the water table and into their Treasure Vault.
This Treasure Vault is located approximately 500 feet North West of the Money Pit.

My Star Map precisely lined up with each known marker on Oak Island.
- Location of Stone One (Star Kochab in Ursa Minor)
- Location of Stone Two (Star Giausar in Draco)
- Location of the Money Pit (Star Pherked in Ursa Minor)
- Location of the Triangle (Triangulated with Stars Mizar and Alioth in Ursa Major and the Money Pit Star Pherked)
- Location of the Nolan’s Cross (Constellation Cygnus)
- All pertaining Stars triangulate to the Star Gamma Cassiopeia as the location of the Treasure Vault.

All information can easily be verified by using the Stellarium software and the instructions I provided on this thread.

Last edited:

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why those specific stars from different constellations of all the visible stars? Chosen because they line up?

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Robot, with all due respect, I fail to see how this pit could ever have been dug in the 1700s, particularly if there were English connections. The Mi'kmaw hated the English and with good reason. If they had seen this going on, for they most certainly would have in this area, they would have advised the French asap. No distinction would be made as to whether those folks were from across the ocean or from the colonies. To the Mi'kmaw they would have been English and that would have been more than enough. Plus, there were settlers already coming to this area. They most certainly would not have remained quiet.

I have no qualms with theories being posted here. None whatsoever, nor will I deride them or make fun of them. That's just not right. I can only hope that one day whatever was on this island is figured out. As to treasure, well it does come in all forms, some of which may lie in getting the answer.

I just wish folks wouldn't be so quick to condemn others' theories. Disagree with them - absolutely. Can we all not do that respectfully?

Dr. Meh

Oct 15, 2013
Robot, with all due respect, I fail to see how this pit could ever have been dug in the 1700s, particularly if there were English connections. The Mi'kmaw hated the English and with good reason. If they had seen this going on, for they most certainly would have in this area, they would have advised the French asap. No distinction would be made as to whether those folks were from across the ocean or from the colonies. To the Mi'kmaw they would have been English and that would have been more than enough. Plus, there were settlers already coming to this area. They most certainly would not have remained quiet.

I have no qualms with theories being posted here. None whatsoever, nor will I deride them or make fun of them. That's just not right. I can only hope that one day whatever was on this island is figured out. As to treasure, well it does come in all forms, some of which may lie in getting the answer.

I just wish folks wouldn't be so quick to condemn others' theories. Disagree with them - absolutely. Can we all not do that respectfully?
Who's being disrespectful?

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Why those specific stars from different constellations of all the visible stars? Chosen because they line up?

The more I studied my theory of the Freemasons involvement in the constructing of Oak Island the more I came up with Sir Francis Bacon.

Studying his connection with the Freemasons, the Royal Society, Ben Franklin and his idea of a New Atlantis in the area of Oak Island revealed his clues as to how he would design a New World.
He left these instructions under the care of the Freemasons.

Francis Bacon was very crafty with his cryptic writing but again he did not want to make his clues too difficult for someone to solve.

His main clue was that he referred to himself as "Mercury" this being more of an Alchemist symbol than the planet.

To shorten this story:
The clue for hiding his treasure and that of the Freemasons was centered on "Mercury" which is the picture "Azoth" with "Rebis" the name for "Mercury"
The outline of Azoth is of the Constellation Cassiopeia with “Rebis” representing the Star Gamma Cassiopeia.
His clues stated that it would be above the Dragon "Draco" between the King (Cepheus) and the Queen (Cassiopeia).
He also said the tail of the Goose (Cygnus) (Star Deneb) would show the way
More clues as to when (Autumn Equinox September 21 at the Witching Hour 12:00am)
The triangles in Azoth point to Gamma Cassiopeia
The Star Deneb in Cygnus point to Gamma Cassiopeia
The two Stars in Draco point up to Gamma Cassiopeia
The Money Pit Star lines up with the Star Gamma Cassiopeia
The triangle points due north through the Stone One with its counter line off 7 degrees going through the Money Pit.

If I were the Lagina brothers with all these coincidences lining up, I would spend the little effort it would take to dig a 20 foot hole where I am showing the Treasure Vault to be located.

I am sure it would be more interesting than Al Capone’s Safe!

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

In 1762ad Oak Island was totally under the control of the British with their main fleet located in Halifax.
The French no longer had dominion over any part of Canada.
The Mi'kmaw were having skirmishes with settlers but an armada of 10 war ships on oak Island would have been no problem for the Freemasons to handle any encounters.

In 1795 when the three treasure seekers found the Money Pit they described the island as pretty much deserted.
This was also the time the Freemasons returned for their treasure due to the great influx of British Loyalist from America settling in Nova Scotia.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Dave, with all due respect, referring to the mystery of Oak Island as a "pile of manure" as you call it, well that's not right. I realize you think it's all a big hoax. That's fine and I respect that. But "pile of manure"? Dan Blankenship has artefacts by the way. Why don't you call him and ask to see this "manure". C'mon now Dave, geesh - did you run out of caffeine today?

I'm not sure that it was a hoax...at least, not originally. I personally believe that at least some of the folks looking for treasure truly believed that there was something there, and that when the money ran out and they began making very timely but perhaps implausible finds, their intentions were pure - just a few more dollars and another day or two of digging and they'd have the loot, and that would make up for any white lies told during the process. Unfortunately, nothing ever turned up.

I don't feel that I'm off the mark with my feelings about this whole thing being a pile of manure, though. Most versions of the McGinnis story make no sense at all. (The fact that there's more than one version should have caused alarm bells to sound from the beginning.) The "finds" were all pirate-related right up into the twentieth century, as everyone was sure that it was a pirate treasure. As other theories appeared, the nature of the finds began to change. With the exception of the coin found during the TV series, pirate stuff just doesn't turn up anymore when before, that was the only thing that turned up. Why did the nature of the finds change so much?

Every "smoking gun" that's recovered and reported as fact, can't be located. No pictures, no ideas where they might be, nothing. How does so much evidence go missing if it existed in the first place? Why are the only artifacts and pieces of evidence that can be physically observed today vague and/or inconclusive?

Crock, pile, whatever...manure is involved with this. Lots of manure. There might be a little bit of truth buried in there somewhere, but I did quite a bit of digging and was unable to find it. All that we're left with is a lot of speculation and attempting to make sense of an assortment of discoveries that contradict each other, likely because the majority of those finds were plants and/or simply lies in the first place, meant to support the prevailing theory of the day.

For the record, it was far too late in the day for me to partake of caffeine. Perhaps I should try to post here only in the morning. :)

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Like other Oak Island Money Pit skeptics, many of the skeptics on this forum refuse to review the data relevant to the evidence presented.

I can't speak for other skeptics, but I review any and all relevant data that comes my way. I even seek a bit of it out myself. If the data in question is rubbish, I will pick it apart, criticize it, make fun of it, and discard it. If the data in question is solid and I can't find fault with it, I accept it as evidence and change my own opinions accordingly.

It's one of a multitude of problems, but I applaud your application of critical thinking to the case at hand. Well done, sir.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Once the Money Pit was sealed (air locked at level 8) and back filled it was never intended to be used again.
The Freemasons had built a circular spiral tunnel off of level 9 (105 foot mark) (shown in John Whitney Lewis’s engineering diagrams) to cart the treasure up above the water table and into their Treasure Vault.
This Treasure Vault is located approximately 500 feet North West of the Money Pit.

I'm not sure that I understand. They trapped it after the treasure was removed?

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not sure that I understand. They trapped it after the treasure was removed?

The treasure was carted down the Money Pit and then transported up the spiral tunnel to the Treasure Vault.
Once this was accomplished they had no further need of the Money Pit - Only as a booby trapped diversion!

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
The treasure was carted down the Money Pit and then transported up the spiral tunnel to the Treasure Vault.
Once this was accomplished they had no further need of the Money Pit - Only as a booby trapped diversion!

Understood.

How was it brought out of the vault later?

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Understood.

How was it brought out of the vault later?

Why - was the treasure recovered so fast (1762-1795)?

After the American Revolution (1776) many Loyalists either left the U.S. on their own accord or were compelled to leave by the Patriots.
Most settled to Nova Scotia in 1792.

The Freemasons believed that with the influx of 100,000 settlers, it would be only a matter of time before the area around Oak Island would be settled and their treasure jeopardized.

A new War between England and France (1793) had also broken out and it was not certain who would be the victors.

Once the Freemasons under Benjamin Franklin and George Washington had established the Masonic Organization in the New World, it was time to remove the treasure to a safer spot.

When?
In 1795, just prior to the original Discover, Daniel McGinnis, who stated he was drawn to the island when he noticed strange lights appearing on the island prior to his discovery.
These lights were made by the Freemasons when they returned for their treasure.

Who?
This Masonic party was headed up by George Washington, President of the United States – acting Grand Master of the Washington DC Masons using a fleet of American ships protected under the Treaty of Amity (1794)
Where?
I believe the treasure was removed to Washington DC., which was designed and built by the Freemasons.

How?
The Treasure Vault containing the treasure was located by cross triangulating it with the aid of a Star Map, a Mercury Trough and the set markers left on the Island:
1 large triangle
2 drilled holed stones
1 large stone cross
These combined markers left behind at Oak Island and a known set degree used with the Mercury Trough - point to the “X” where the Treasure Vault was located.

Once the cavern’s location underground was cross triangulated and located, they dug a small entry down 20 feet and removed their treasure.

All evidence of this small entry was camouflaged with rocks and vegetation and the treasure was whisked away to its new home and purpose.

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, this theory is way out there! So to prove the theory, the brothers dig down twenty feet to find on empty vault! :laughing7:

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, this theory is way out there! So to prove the theory, the brothers dig down twenty feet to find on empty vault! :laughing7:
How have you convinced them this is better than Al Capones safe?

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

Sir Francis Bacon did say it best "There are far greater riches than silver and gold and that would be knowledge"

The empty Treasure Vault would be the concrete proof of the Freemasons plan for Oak Island and could show how this history changed America.

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sir Francis Bacon did say it best "There are far greater riches than silver and gold and that would be knowledge"

The empty Treasure Vault would be the concrete proof of the Freemasons plan for Oak Island and could show how this history changed America.
I am afraid I must side with the skeptics on this one... You have just gone too far with your theorizing... the brothers are treasure hunters and without a promise of actual treasure there is no incentive to buy into this whimsical theory!

Last edited:

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In 1762ad Oak Island was totally under the control of the British with their main fleet located in Halifax.
The French no longer had dominion over any part of Canada.
The Mi'kmaw were having skirmishes with settlers but an armada of 10 war ships on oak Island would have been no problem for the Freemasons to handle any encounters.

In 1795 when the three treasure seekers found the Money Pit they described the island as pretty much deserted.
This was also the time the Freemasons returned for their treasure due to the great influx of British Loyalist from America settling in Nova Scotia.

Robot, if there was an armada of 10 warships off of Oak Island circa 1762, I just can't see how it would have gone unnoticed. Oak Island is just offshore - heck, I can swim to it when the ocean is warm. It is highly visible from land. The Mi'kmaw hadn't been rounded up like cattle and stuck on reservations as of yet and I know for a fact that they were active on the South Shore of Nova Scotia. The French may not have had dominion, but the Mi'kmaw had connections. Not everyone who settled in Nova Scotia was English. French protestants were already here for example, as well as those whom we would now call Germans. Their allegiance to the British was one of convenience only at that point.

As to the Freemasons being able to handle any encounters with ten warships, there would be a record Robot. The timeline is such that folks were already settling the South Shore, where Oak Island is located.

I just can't support that timeline.

Cheers from an eleventh generation Nova Scotian.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread