History Channel - Oak Island mini series January 5, 2014

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After they found evidence of the "vault" with the core drilling, it's hilarious that a group left the site to investigate stories and legends in France and Scotland (or was it Ireland?). I'd be bringing in the largest earth moving equipment possible, digging up and plugging the so called flood tunnels, and excavating all around the money pit as deep as possible to determine if a treasure is there or not. After the last episode coupled with the narrator constantly filling time by repeating the previous information over and over after commercials, I'm rapidly losing interest in this show....

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After they found evidence of the "vault" with the core drilling, it's hilarious that a group left the site to investigate stories and legends in France and Scotland (or was it Ireland?). I'd be bringing in the largest earth moving equipment possible, digging up and plugging the so called flood tunnels, and excavating all around the money pit as deep as possible to determine if a treasure is there or not. After the last episode coupled with the narrator constantly filling time by repeating the previous information over and over after commercials, I'm rapidly losing interest in this show....

Yes and I'll bet once they are done their whirlwind tour of Europe.
The next show will be a Recap of their Trip.
and the Following week a Recap of what has happened on the island before they
took a tour of Europe :(

by then they will be ready to do their final show of season 2
by bringing back the drill for a hole on the other side the island,
and end season 2 with someones mouth hanging open because they hit saltwater
on an island in the Atlantic :tongue3:

Last edited:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The filming is done......that all finished earlier in the year......

I'm sure that we are just really experiencing 99% of the problem with the show coming from the editing and representation......the guest selection has been slightly off, and seems like it was mostly arranged by the program's directors and producers.

They could sequence footage from the end into the beginning, and we would never know when it was filmed......

So what we are really not seeing right now is the final finds from the swamp.....

Anyone know how many shows left?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
first season was 5 I believe.

tuesday will be #8 for season 2, So i really doubt there are more then 3 left

UpstateCacheHunter

Nov 21, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre with a Garrett pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man so many haters. If you don't like the show, don't watch. You'd be amazed at how easy it is.

Greg58

Tenderfoot
Jan 20, 2014
MA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just record it and watch it 20 minutes after the start time. Fast forward through the long commercials and repetitive narrative. I find it interesting and more watchable that way. I agree that the editing and what your watching isn't always in sequence. You would also think they would have learned a few lessons with wasting time and money with the equipment they bring in such as the pumps for the swamp, the drill sizes and now the backhoe that only reaches 10 feet deep. They constantly have to do the same things multiple times.

O

Old Silver

Just record it and watch it 20 minutes after the start time. Fast forward through the long commercials and repetitive narrative. I find it interesting and more watchable that way. I agree that the editing and what your watching isn't always in sequence. You would also think they would have learned a few lessons with wasting time and money with the equipment they bring in such as the pumps for the swamp, the drill sizes and now the backhoe that only reaches 10 feet deep. They constantly have to do the same things multiple times.

You know they do those things on purpose. It's all part of the drama.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
the treasure permit
---------------------------------------
Oak Island Tours Inc.[edit]

It was announced in April 2006 that brothers Rick and Marty Lagina from Michigan had purchased a 50% stake in Oak Island Tours Inc., for an undisclosed amount of money. The shares sold to the Michigan partners were previously owned by David Tobias; remaining shares are owned by Blankenship. Center Road Developments, in conjunction with Allan Kostrzewa and Brian Urbach, members of the Michigan group, had purchased Lot 25 from David Tobias for a reported $230,000 one year previous to Tobias selling the rest of his share. The Michigan group, working with Blankenship, has said it will resume operations on Oak Island in the hope of discovering buried treasure and the mystery of Oak Island.
In July 2010, Blankenship and the other stakeholders in Oak Island Tours Inc. announced on their website that the Nova Scotia Department of Natural Resources/Tourism, Culture and Heritage had granted them a temporary Treasure Trove License, allowing them to resume activities until 31 December 2010.[SUP][16][/SUP] After December 2010, the department repealed the former Treasure Trove Act and replaced it with a new "Oak Island Act".[SUP][17][/SUP] The new Oak Island Treasure Act came into effect as of 1 January 2011 and allows for treasure hunting to continue on the island under the terms of a licence issued by the Minister of Natural Resources.
Oak Island - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

a timeline ,and other interesting stuff under the scribes corner tab

2013 Prometheus Entertainment, to create a 5part series for history channel
2014 The Curse of Oak Island released in January to the public from Prometheus Entertainment as a five part series
Oak Island Gallery

Prometheus Entertainment
http://www.prometheusentertainment.com/

Last edited:

Harvest

Apr 6, 2008
Daytona Beach, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Whites SL90, Surf PI, Minelab Excalibur 800
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The core from the drill is part of an old ship. If there is? anything its in the swamp if they found anything it would be on the news .these guys are the perfect example of the saying "you heard of people who don't what's happening , their not even suspicious"????

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You would be surprised how controlled and coordinated these industries are, they will make agreements to hold back information for years if they want to promote another agenda.

just look at the discovery of alternating current......the greatest discovery that was ignored just to promote another.

Its just that there are things found that are known to the finders, and a few are available for view if you know who to ask.

It should be talked about sometime soon in the series.....hopefully before another season is filmed.

Yard Waste

Dec 16, 2013
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer, Garrett AT Pro International, Garrett Euro Ace.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love how the son has a brushcut in one shot and a ponytail in another--the whole show--just total BS.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay,
I need a up date to Curse of Oak Island. haven't seen the show since Marty and son went to France.

Hasn't been on because of the holidays.
I guess they don't want people who may be off work or able to stay up late to watch.

I think next Tuesday is a new episode where we will hear the words "this could be a game changer"
for the upmteenth time

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I say we settle this once and for all . . .

bunkerbustercopy.gif

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
Hasn't been on because of the holidays.
I guess they don't want people who may be off work or able to stay up late to watch.

I think next Tuesday is a new episode where we will hear the words "this could be a game changer"
for the upmteenth time

Sometimes you have to change the "Rules" a little to make it more interesting....The sad thing about it all is they are going over what has all ready been done. They will have to change it up a bit if they want progress...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes I agree !

I must say, . Todd Hoffman would know what to do

kk.jpg ll.jpg mm.jpg

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd guess pretty good.
They are obviously holding back on doing anything but speculating so far

ibjeepn

May 27, 2012
Butler, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic Whites Classic II
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2004_national_treasure_009.jpg indiana_jones_09.jpg If Todd would fail. These two should take a stab at it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread