History Channel - Oak Island mini series January 5, 2014

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
That's it! National Treasure 3! The Curse of Oak Island! Ol' Ben Gates is on the trail of the Templar Treasure...I'd watch it.

SpeedeeAu

Dec 31, 2014
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd guess pretty good.
They are obviously holding back on doing anything but speculating so far

Jeff I saw in another thread where you speculated the core of wood and concrete was faked. Is this known or speculation? I know it would make sense to keep drilling and maybe they did and haven't shown that yet. Do you think the Spanish Coin was faked as well. From your other post is seems you don't think anything is there at all.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If Todd should fail these two should take a stab at it

I think these two could have found it by now if it existed.

The boys.gif

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff do you think they have uncovered or even found things that have encouraged them to continue that we know nothing about?

actually it wouldn't surprise me if during one of the last 2 shows
they reveal something in order to get people to want to tune in
for a third season.

they need to convince History Channel they are worth a 3rd season.
So if not a Surprise Find, maybe an empty promise to start digging

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff I saw in another thread where you speculated the core of wood and concrete was faked. Is this known or speculation? I know it would make sense to keep drilling and maybe they did and haven't shown that yet. Do you think the Spanish Coin was faked as well. From your other post is seems you don't think anything is there at all.

I think you Misunderstand what I was trying to say.
I do believe there could be treasure on the island.
I don't believe the money pit, ever had anything .
and also doubt the swamp is worth their time.

There certainly is nothing as grand as they imagine on the island.
(Pirate Treasure, Maybe)

in my mind The arc, etc, are all fairy tales. and can't exist
unless connected to aliens and taken back with them.

on the Coin(s)
Although it is possible they brought it to the island, it is also possible
earlier Treasure Hunters brought it to the island.

as far as coins go though, I can go outside here & detect coins .
they don't prove anything other then someone dropped them.

odds are if it was salted, they would have thrown a few hundred around,
because odds of finding just one throw would be slim.

I want to believe They didn't fake it, But Who Knows.

But only Speculation either way.
I'm not Psychic or privy to the script.

as far as The core... seems odd they decided not to drill around the core they did drill,
as the one brother originally wanted to.

I would guess the other brother knows it was faked,
or fears more holes will prove the wood they pulled was a freak thing
due to old backfill.
Or they did drill & are holding till the end to say so, because of what they found.

all speculation though because I want them to Dig !

I'm also guessing Digging will never happen due to Environmental Nuts .
Onlly Drilling & Speculation till the powers that be turn it into a National Potected area. & outlaw anyone but environmentalists and politicians on the island.

even if I'm wrong & they drill down, hit a room with a Vast treasure.
I'll guarantee you the Government and Archies will take over immediately
And say it Must stay there for future generations of archies to enjoy and study by running cameras down,
and at the same time Spain will insist it is theirs.
real or not, nothing will leave that pit. ever.
that is, unless maybe in the hands of spain.

Spanish Piracy is still alive & well :(

Last edited:

SpeedeeAu

Dec 31, 2014
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am interested to see what this dive produces. I know we would have probably heard something by now if it uncovered anything substantial but curious to see if it discourages or fuels more interest.

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They found something that prompted the Canadian gov to recommend an archeologist be on site for further searches. No idea how significant such a find would be to get that proclamation.

I think of you look around hard enough in that area you'll find Viking evidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
When did the government do that? Recently?

The New Democratic Party of Canada tried to get a bill passed to stop the digging on Oak Island and turn it into a preserve. It failed but the goverment said they had to have a Archeologist on site to over see digs. They didn't find anything, they just have to have one there in case they do. Archeologist here in the states hate treasure hunters because they say treasure hunter destroy historical integrity od dig sites for the chance for riches.

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The New Democratic Party of Canada tried to get a bill passed to stop the digging on Oak Island and turn it into a preserve. It failed but the goverment said they had to have a Archeologist on site to over see digs. They didn't find anything, they just have to have one there in case they do. Archeologist here in the states hate treasure hunters because they say treasure hunter destroy historical integrity od dig sites for the chance for riches.

Well they have found something, “a mix of relatively recent and historical items,” whatever those are! Would a coin, button, and some old wood prompt for this call? I think something more significant was found this season.

Oak Island treasure hunt requires archeologist, Ince says | The Chronicle Herald

Published October 8, 2014 - 6:30pm

Tony Ince, minister of communities, culture and heritage, has written a letter to Rick Lagina and Craig Tester acknowledging the Nova Scotia Museum has received items they uncovered during efforts to solve the mystery of Oak Island.

Their exploits are the subject of the History Channel television series The Curse of Oak Island.

Museum staff have determined the items, kept in a climate-controlled collections storage site, are “a mix of relatively recent and historical items,” and typical of those found at historic archeology sites in Nova Scotia.

Ince advised the men to hire an archeologist to monitor their activity on the site, which is permitted through the Special Places Protection Act and the Oak Island Treasure Act.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well they have found something, “a mix of relatively recent and historical items,” whatever those are! Would a coin, button, and some old wood prompt for this call? I think something more significant was found this season.

Oak Island treasure hunt requires archeologist, Ince says | The Chronicle Herald

Coins shouldn't But Button may.

I'm pretty sure here in PA State Forests are open to detecting for coins,
but the rules say old buttons & bullets are considered historical artifacts

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they found a mercury dime it would be historically significant according to archies ( over 50 years old ) :icon_study:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The strongest proof of existence is the total lack of any evidence.

So I was looking through Reddit the other day and ran across this article started by the Producer of the show, Kevin Burns

The post is showing us that the second season is generating a ton of support from replies and posters, making them top listings, but he has opened questions to the groups there without responding to a single one of them???

:dontknow:

This is the ultimate Hollywood shuffle mentality right here........not one single response after saying to everyone, I am the producer and will answer your direct questions here blah blah blah

View attachment 1100720 View attachment 1100721

See for yourself.

EDIT: I think this is great. I mean, I really appreciate the opportunity to talk to fans of the show, and fans of our other shows. I don't get to do that very much, outside of hearing from friends whether or not if they watch our stuff, and i can never trust them! This is one of the few ways that people in our business actually get feedback, so I appreciate it very much. I encourage you to tune in tonight on HISTORY to catch the first episode of season 2 - there will be 10 episodes - and every episode, I think, there is some finding in each episode that builds up to the finale. It's great to follow the story, and to be honest, it's an honor to follow the story. I am most appreciative, not only of the viewers, but the network, and the guys who own the island. They have NO interest in being on television - Rick and Marty, these are not people motivated to be on TV, they were very afraid that we would interfere with their process, and they are happy that it turned out to not be the case.

But not one reply with 300 posters looking for interaction with them over the show's format. To me it seems that the situations are somewhat edited according to a storyline and not an actual timeline of events.......

And to have the TreasureFarts Guy as a consultant.............

He seems he wants to just play it all out for as long as possible while feeding us bits like you said

Last edited:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Museum staff have determined the items, kept in a climate-controlled collections storage site, are “a mix of relatively recent and historical items,” and typical of those found at historic archeology sites in Nova Scotia.

They pulled that box out of Borehole 10x I'd bet........with the ax handle sticking up.......

Whatever they pulled up was basically underwater so they have to dry it out gradually through humidity control systems......sounds like the underwater box stuff.

Relatively probably means 1850-1950's stuff. Typical of those found at 'Historical Archeological' means probably the French or British from their time spent there.....

So whatever they found will be shown soon......but will only piss us off even more so be warned......LOL

I will watch the show no matter how lame the finds are.....I am still waiting for more PROOF: of the tie-ins between the Corn and the Ark of the Covenant

Tell Kevin Burns I said he's corny.......

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010

I'm sorry but the only thing that I have seen is possibly a Templar coin but even that is not definite. The other coins and what not don't impress me, I might as well be watching "Diggers". Show me advancements towards the vault.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread