History Channel - Oak Island mini series January 5, 2014

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And the guy with the stick has his stubby arm pointing at the house which has an arched doorway. :flag_red:

You are right! And they have those in Scotland. Quick - everyone in a plane. We'll go to St. Andrews.

old-arched-church-doorway-closeup-st-andrews-scotland-35278036.jpg

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You are right!

In fairness to the information supplied in this quote

By:

McKaig, B. (1985). Sir Francis Bacon's New Advancement of Learning Bacon is Shakespeare. Discover England's Theatre Genius. Retrieved April 1, 2013

Mckaig did not state that Digby N.S. was founded by Kenelm Digby only that the name Digby referring to Kenelm was a close friend of Bacon.

Also

That for the name of Cape Breton, he only refers to Breton being a derivative for a Burton which again is a derivative for Block, for the one stated to have been found at Oak Island.

btw, I was not trying to belittle your theory, only to correct these couple of points that I have spent quite a bit of time on in relation to my own theory.
I have another friend who is very much into Bacon and his influence on Nova Scotia.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
btw, I was not trying to belittle your theory, only to correct these couple of points that I have spent quite a bit of time on in relation to my own theory.
I have another friend who is very much into Bacon and his influence on Nova Scotia.

Well spoken!

"Ti's much easier to suffer the slings and arrows cast'd than the outrageous criticism and ridicule spoken by forum members"

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe that you do Sir Francis Bacon a grave injustice.

One cannot throw a stone on Oak Island Nova Scotia without hitting something that does not have to do with Sir Francis Bacon.

really? well I don't buy that at all and many have spent their whole life, some have died looking for a 'treasure' that may not even exist.
When they dig up something of real value - then I'll believe that someone buried treasure there and never returned to retrieve it.
You can quote all the hokum-smokem' philosophy you like but it still proved nothing to the bulk of us. Furthermore you cannot lnk
Sir Francis Bacon with The Hold grail, Solomon's Tree of Life, The Ark etc other than perhaps he like many other 'romantics' wrote
about such things. Some even believe he was Shakespeare and perhaps he was but because a man is a genius doesn't make him
the author of anything treasure wise on Oak Island, and in fact there is no real proof anything is even on Oak Island to be found.
I've seen that vast bulk of claims and I don't buy any of them.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
really? well I don't buy that at all and many have spent their whole life, some have died looking for a 'treasure' that may not even exist.
When they dig up something of real value - then I'll believe that someone buried treasure there and never returned to retrieve it.
You can quote all the hokum-smokem' philosophy you like but it still proved nothing to the bulk of us. Furthermore you cannot lnk
Sir Francis Bacon with The Hold grail, Solomon's Tree of Life, The Ark etc other than perhaps he like many other 'romantics' wrote
about such things. Some even believe he was Shakespeare and perhaps he was but because a man is a genius doesn't make him
the author of anything treasure wise on Oak Island, and in fact there is no real proof anything is even on Oak Island to be found.
I've seen that vast bulk of claims and I don't buy any of them.

Shame! Shame!

With an Avatar of Captain Jack Sparrow

He would have been the first to cast his lot against such a mongrel crew as these!

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Shame! Shame!

With an Avatar of Captain Jack Sparrow

He would have been the first to cast his lot against such a mongrel crew as these!

Furthemore, a quick look at the Wiki on bacon shows:
His novel The New Atlantis, which takes place on a fictional island, Bensalem, in the Pacific Ocean.

Bacon played a leading role in establishing the British colonies in North America, especially in Virginia, the Carolinas and Newfoundland in northeastern Canada.

However others, including Daphne du Maurier (in her biography of Bacon), have argued there is no substantive evidence to support claims of involvement with the Rosicrucians. Frances Yates does not make the claim that Bacon was a Rosicrucian, but presents evidence that he was nevertheless involved in some of the more closed intellectual movements of his day. She argues that Bacon's movement for the advancement of learning was closely connected with the German Rosicrucian movement, while Bacon's New Atlantis portrays a land ruled by Rosicrucians.

The Rosicrucian organisation AMORC claims that Bacon was the "Imperator" (leader) of the Rosicrucian Order in both England and the European continent, and would have directed it during his lifetime.

Having been a member of three ancient mystery societies and having full appreciation for 'knowledge' not shared with the masses - I fully realize Bacon could have secretly been a member of
anything under the sun. And I will submit that the vast majority of people talking about so called secret societies on the Net are just quoting other people's stuff that they have read.
As a person who has spent a lifetime examining ancient truths and knowledge, studying many things most will neither see nor be interested in, with an IQ approaching genius - I find
your assessment a most humorous conjecture. So I use a pirate's avatar in a TH'ing network - you seem to be quite mislead by outer trappings. My book cover (avatar) has nothing to do
with what knowledge or experience or brain power that I've used all my life to assess what I'm seeing being claimed by so many false prophets on the Net that it makes one's head
spin around. But then if you are indeed a doctor of philosophy - you must know that. I'll leave it at that - Mr. Robot.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
By God! These Pirates are more sharper than their sappier swords!

Furthemore, a quick look at the Wiki on bacon shows:
His novel The New Atlantis, which takes place on a fictional island, Bensalem, in the Pacific Ocean.

Bacon played a leading role in establishing the British colonies in North America, especially in Virginia, the Carolinas and Newfoundland in northeastern Canada.

However others, including Daphne du Maurier (in her biography of Bacon), have argued there is no substantive evidence to support claims of involvement with the Rosicrucians. Frances Yates does not make the claim that Bacon was a Rosicrucian, but presents evidence that he was nevertheless involved in some of the more closed intellectual movements of his day. She argues that Bacon's movement for the advancement of learning was closely connected with the German Rosicrucian movement, while Bacon's New Atlantis portrays a land ruled by Rosicrucians.

The Rosicrucian organisation AMORC claims that Bacon was the "Imperator" (leader) of the Rosicrucian Order in both England and the European continent, and would have directed it during his lifetime.

Having been a member of three ancient mystery societies and having full appreciation for 'knowledge' not shared with the masses - I fully realize Bacon could have secretly been a member of
anything under the sun. And I will submit that the vast majority of people talking about so called secret societies on the Net are just quoting other people's stuff that they have read.
As a person who has spent a lifetime examining ancient truths and knowledge, studying many things most will neither see nor be interested in, with an IQ approaching genius - I find
your assessment a most humorous conjecture. So I use a pirate's avatar in a TH'ing network - you seem to be quite mislead by outer trappings. My book cover (avatar) has nothing to do
with what knowledge or experience or brain power that I've used all my life to assess what I'm seeing being claimed by so many false prophets on the Net that it makes one's head
spin around. But then if you are indeed a doctor of philosophy - you must know that. I'll leave it at that - Mr. Robot.

Well spoken, well spoken indeed!

Hall.jpg

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah. Came to that conclusion about page seven. We're just waiting for the last 10 minutes of the second season to see what they may or may not pull out of the Money Pit or the shafts around it. Or for the end of season three, maybe?

PS - I took that on-line test and I have a Phillippine Bride on the way. I think I got the wrong test.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Rumors go! Laginas have signed a 5 year contract with Prometheus!

HISTORY’S THE CURSE OF OAK ISLAND REACHES SERIES HIGH

3.1 MILLION VIEWERS IN SEASON TWO FINALE

Unscripted Series is Cable’s Top Program for Night

the-curse-of-oak-island-featured-show-image-AB.jpeg

NEW YORK, NY – January 15, 2015 – The season two finale of HISTORY’s unscripted series THE CURSE OF OAK ISLAND (#OakIsland) reached a series high 3.1 million Total Viewers Tuesday evening, making it the number one program on cable for the night in total viewers, as well as Men 25-54 (863,000), according to Nielsen Research. The program, which follows two brothers who employ new technology, recorded history and old-fashioned know-how to attempt to discover one of the greatest treasures ever, also reached a season best 1.4 million viewers among Adults 25-54, placing it as Tuesday night’s top original/non-fiction program in the demo.

In season two of THE CURSE OF OAK ISLAND, brothers Rick and Marty Lagina came closer than anyone before them to solving this 200-year-old mystery. Located in the North Atlantic, Oak Island is believed by many to be hiding one of the greatest treasures in history. Since the late 1700s, fortunes have been spent and lives have been lost, but no one has ever been able to crack the code to get at the prize. A local legend says that seven people actively involved in the search must die before the treasure is found. So far, six have perished in accidents across the years. In this season, Rick and Marty upped the stakes after they found a 17th century Spanish coin at the end of season one. This time around, the brothers and their partners brought in experts and researchers from around the world to learn even more about the island's incredible history. They also used that research to find the location of the original Oak Island Money Pit, where they found evidence of what is believed to be an ancient treasure vault. Using scanning sonar, they also verified the existence of mysterious man-made objects and tunnels located at the bottom of a 235 foot shaft, objects that 92 year-old treasure hunter, Dan Blankenship claims he discovered more than forty years ago.

THE CURSE OF OAK ISLAND is produced for HISTORY by Prometheus Entertainment. Kevin Burns serves as executive producer for Prometheus. Matt Ginsburg, Mike Stiller and Elaine Frontain Bryant are executive producers for HISTORY.

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah. Came to that conclusion about page seven. We're just waiting for the last 10 minutes of the second season to see what they may or may not pull out of the Money Pit or the shafts around it. Or for the end of season three, maybe?

PS - I took that on-line test and I have a Phillippine Bride on the way. I think I got the wrong test.

And somehow won the lottery :D

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'll leave that for people to decide on their own. What I do for living does entail brain power but like all so called smart people, we are bound to be ignorant on some subjects. No one is a master of all knowledge. And I will concede that Francis Bacon may be the brain behind the Money Pit - if you will concede he may have had nothing at all to do with it, and consider that rocks can be carved at any time, including long after whatever was buried on oak island.

My own theory has nothing to do with Francis Bacon or the Money Pit, so yes I can make that concession. I only have Knights Templar vessels using the Island (Oak) as a temporary port beginning in 1308, evidenced on Oak Island by the drilled mooring stones and coconut fibres dated to that period.
Cheers, Loki

gonzo85

Dec 23, 2007
Owensboro KY
Detector(s) used
whites prizm 3/ upgrading to a DFX once i get some experiance
So I was wondering if the crew realized something after they saw that 10X had 4 ft of crap on the bottom. When they did the dye test previously, i am almost certain that the dye had nowhere to go but to just collect on the bottom. Now my question is, if they want to see where these flood tunnels are why not retry the test again but in the small bore hole that lead straight into the cavern unobstructed. Just a thought after watching the last episode.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next Season show edits or predictions?? Anyone?

Will they drive the Laginas mad enough to attack one another?

Will Pulitzer win his own self named literary prize.....

Will the Canadian Govt stand up to the brutal TreasureForce guys and counter their accusations??

So, (As I turn all attention from my BS) for Nova Scotians, I have always said this is your incredible history unfolding (at the direction of my financeers) and lets hope your very own country does not want to redirect the real excitement (so I can get mine) and turn the story to junk, yellow journalism, tabloid talk and political haymaking (like all this talk about my SCUBA guy Frog being a criminal or something). Sure the story will be breaking on your newsstands soon (after I round up the goods myself) and we do hope the editor Andrew assures a factual, non hearsay and ethical story about this wonderful history unfolding called Oak Island. (even though the Investigative Reporter was right on the money to begin with) Stopping the hate is important and the embracing of Oak Island and the engagement of the masses is the real jewel in Nova Scotian history.

I'm gonna do something to stop the hate.......by finding your nations treasures, OK

Last edited:

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Next on Jerry Springer..Marty tells Rick he's pulling the Plug on Finances!

Next Season show edits or predictions?? Anyone?

Will they drive the Laginas mad enough to attack one another?

Will Pulitzer win his own self named literary prize.....

Will the Canadian Govt stand up to the brutal TreasureForce guys and counter their accusations??

I'm gonna do something to stop the hate.......by finding your nations treasures, OK

Jerry.jpg

Eldo...Missed your Great Sense of Humor!

John421

Dec 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you pretty much nailed it. It smells like the Lagina's need to milk this for all it's worth at this point to at least pay back investors or else they may risk getting sued for fraud. I would suspect early on coins and some other articles could very well have been planted in order to satisfy the needs of getting and keeping investors going. The show seems to based on 95% emotional garbage and very little in the way of historical facts or science. That's what brings viewers. Then the production company can sell more advertising at higher rates. It could very well be they did send cameras and sensors down a long time ago but just edited the shows sequencing and made it look like divers went down before surveys were done to raise the level of drama. Remember when the divers first showed up on the same day they were going to lower some sensors? Why would anyone do that? The logical thing would be to first study it ahead of time to determine the risk/reward then invest in the expense of professional divers. Only have them show up after there has been a chance to properly evaluate the situation. But the film crew has to schedule time on the island and that seems to be the ultimate primary goal, not exploration.

As far as I'm concerned this show is nothing but a scripted drama. Something the production company is good at and uses the same cookie cutter approach to most of it's projects. I would hope there was more to it but I'm done like some other people here.

There are no investors. What gave you the idea there was?

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are no investors. What gave you the idea there was?

It seems like I've read this type of comment a few different places. But here is one.

"Oak Island Tours Inc comprising Dan Blankenship and new investors from Michigan gave us this oficial commnt back in August 2008:

Four investors from Michigan (namely: Marty Lagina, Craig Tester, Rick Lagina, Alan Kostrzewa) have teamed up with long-time treasure seeker Dan Blankenship in hopes of unlocking the Oak Island mystery.

Dan Blankenship, the President of Oak Island Tours, is the driving force behind the search, and he is responsible for developing the future exploration plans."

Oak Island Treasure - the world's greatest treasure hunt - Official comment

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm guessing that this post will die off till next Aug/Sept??

11rowsof3

Greenie
Jan 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HISTORY’S THE CURSE OF OAK ISLAND REACHES SERIES HIGH

3.1 MILLION VIEWERS IN SEASON TWO FINALE

Unscripted Series is Cable’s Top Program for Night.

Good, I like watching this show a great deal. I know it's entertainment, I fully understand crafty one-liners, any tension or drama with the Lagina's, etc might be scripted. But I look forward to watching Season 3 - going into it understanding that the Season 3 Finale might fully well be "tune in next year, we've found more clues".

John421

Dec 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems like I've read this type of comment a few different places. But here is one.

"Oak Island Tours Inc comprising Dan Blankenship and new investors from Michigan gave us this oficial commnt back in August 2008:

Four investors from Michigan (namely: Marty Lagina, Craig Tester, Rick Lagina, Alan Kostrzewa) have teamed up with long-time treasure seeker Dan Blankenship in hopes of unlocking the Oak Island mystery.

Dan Blankenship, the President of Oak Island Tours, is the driving force behind the search, and he is responsible for developing the future exploration plans."

Oak Island Treasure - the world's greatest treasure hunt - Official comment

I get it. I think investors was used in regards to the Michigan people because these 4 (Marty, Rick, Craig and Alan) teamed up and bought Tobias' share of the island, so that they own half the good lots and Dan Blankenship is owner of the other half (in other words the lots are owned by 5 men). There are no investors in regards to anyone outside of the owners being sought to fund the dig. Marty and maybe Craig are absolutely loaded (probably 100M plus for Marty).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread