History Channel - Oak Island mini series January 5, 2014

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The season finale was a huge disappointment. The reality show drama with the two professional divers was unnecessary. When they were side by side within 2 feet of each other and the female diver keep calling to the other who wasn't answering got old fast as his comms equipment was fine as well as his person. Unneeded drama added to a show filled with fluff over two years in an attempt to fill the 1 hour time slots. The ultimate disappointment? Running the radar imaging probe down the 10x drill hole and providing images of the space there. This could have been done in the 1st episode of the series. This along with traveling around the world instead of digging the swamp (that was promised in the 1st episode of the last season), has this show has dropped off my must watch list....

bison73

Apr 27, 2015
Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty funny stuff. But reality is they never come up with anything. Its nothing more than A lot of manufactured suspense and drama. They keep teasing the views with nonsense.
Havent watched it for some time. Saw where they said in the build up to tonights show that they found a big discovery. I told the wife naw they didn't find squat but lets watch. Sure enough they found nothing. How long will this con go on?

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Pretty funny stuff. But reality is they never come up with anything. Its nothing more than A lot of manufactured suspense and drama. They keep teasing the views with nonsense.

You just summed about about two centuries worth of work on the site, except that in reality, they often come up with something when the money starts running out.

Probably a coincidence.

Las Vegas Bob

Aug 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The alleged "treasure" changes all the time. Pirate treasure, The Ark of the Covenant, The Holy Grail, Shakespeare's lost manuscripts (must be pretty wet if they're still down there!) and on and on. Stick to one story, guys. It's starting to come across as total BS now.

Yes this is as getting as bad as the Lost Dutchman treasure going from gold ore mined by the Spanish later found by a Dutchman to gold bullion hidden by the Jesuits and they can actually put a price on how much is there........Amazing.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always wonder on these type of reality shows how much are the "stars" getting paid to allow the film crew to pretty much just erupt your plans for what you actually doing. The 3 main guys don't need their money, but I'm sure it helps with the bills.. This type of show isn't like the car/motorcycle shows where they can think of it as free advertisement for more work... but it doesn't hurt I guess they attract everyone's theory on the subject, someone just has to weed thru them all.. That being said I'd think the Brother's wouldn't want the show to make them look foolish in how things are being done.. I have no clue as to how much influence the show has in what they are doing on the Island.. I wish they'd do one of those interview type shows at the end of the year or a couple thru out the season to kind a explain more in depth the what,how,why, type of stuff..

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to harp....that is VERY old

and the Twitter page for the Laginas says Feb 13th, "Can't Wait to break the exciting news of what we found"

My guess is its something to do with the mining room they found there. under the 10x borehole.

What is so funny is they are trying to say its something other than a room where three tunnels were dug in different directions around the pit area, to tunnel into it from the side.

Why try to say they are in the Enochian Chamber?? Or some ancient templar vault?

That's outrageous and Hollywood.

This is the real trove they are looking for.
View attachment 1157900
The Tomb Opening to the last resting place of the Torah, the Menorah, and some other works of the earlier Bibles, that were moved there through Rosicrucians from Bacon, Poussin, Teniers, Champlain and King James, King Henry, and King Felipe, all seeking to preserve the resting place of an excavation they found in France from the days of the Jesuit empire that they were hiding it all from

When they found this in france, they were scared and sent Champlain to the New World on a "Secret Mission for the King"

Here's Poussin's recollection of the events surrounding the trove

View attachment 1157903

heepiepow

Aug 27, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Neither the Blankenships nor this new crew nor anyone else in centuries have ever bothered to record anything. Any geographical positions, any finds, anything. To me it's not just that this is a wild goose chase, I also feel insulted that none of them are properly updating efforts. "Uh hey, where just was that borehole? Uh Durr. And also let's just venture out into a swamp and not grid out positions so future people can refer to where and what we found/failed to find". Or in Blankenship or someone's case---Hey we found a capstone with glyphs, now let's just use it in a fireplace or as a foot-rest...

Concerning treasure I'm not generally a fan of archaeologists, but this site sure as hell needs some basic archaeological practices. Otherwise they can keep pissing into the wind wondering where the original treasure is since no one recorded it; and in 100 years others can piss wondering where exactly on that TV show those people searched in the swamp. How many normal signs would still exist except these idiots trampled over them and left things.

Just utterly terrible. Information can help future investigators. No one on this island seems to like to record information. No narrowing down or excluding. Each new hunter seems to think they're about to get the treasure so doesn't bother with recording what they're doing. Simpletons and short-thinkers. I don't think any professional archaeologists or excavators have ever visited the site. The archaeologists would properly record every find. The excavators along with archaeologists would properly take out and record and screen every 10x10 earth unit excavated.

There certainly can't be any scientific papers on Oak Island, since it's never been subject to any scientist and/or scientific process. Just a bunch or morons doing things and remarking that oh, if we only know where past things were but we won't record anything we're doing, and wow let's just dig somewhere.

I honestly wish the US or Canadian Army Engineers would just take over the island and finally end this. Probably for only a few hundreds of millions of dollars. They'd either go brute assault--tearing and excavating the entire island down to 300 feet; or conjoin with archaeologists and narrow areas. Would probably quickly find the likely location of the money pit. Except of course there'd be a Blankenship with his shotgun and ignorance trying to still claim that his backwards attempt is scientific, or likely to succeed.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They did get a GPS position for that small bore hole "they think" is the corner of Treasure Vault, but now left it laying and have moved on to other areas to search.. I have to assume they don't really think that is what they found or they'd be doing more gridded bore holes there to see if they have something worth excavating down to..

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully they stop proposing things and substantiating their efforts with more facts and logical reasoning

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surely the have better plan In place then what it looks like on TV, as it comes across like they are doing it all on the fly.. They hit what they think is the money pit vault so why would you not pursue that further before moving on to Bore Hole 10x?

Last edited:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not like they will take any advice,

unless of course you are a professional from TreasureFarts

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatever was hidden on Oak Island is long gone.

That is Possible.

But I tend to believe what ever is Hidden on Oak Island is safe from ever being found,
because they keep re-digging old pits & Playing in Swamp Mud , while the Treasures & relics lie elsewhere

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had seen the show tonight, and it was interesting, a dead body show on on the screen. God bless the soul.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
show was interesting as usual :thumbsup: but ....

unless it's a somewhat fresh body, how long does flesh last in salt water ?
How long does it take for a body to decompose at sea? | Q&A | BBC Focus Magazine | Science and Technology
remember they claim the water is from traps bringing sea water in,
and the body from 16, 17 Hundreds ? :tongue3:

or is this body subject to Miracle hocus pocus like the slave ant people who dug all the tunnels :laughing7:
though a rogue treasure hunter getting himself killed, wouldn't surprise me.
if it is a body, it must be fairly recent.

these 2 new Treasure hunters idea intrigues me.
if I was there and had the type of money these people do,
I'd forget the Magic tunnels and start digging straight down to
the pile marked gold first :thumbsup: if it pans out , go after another.

I couldn't tell, did they see anything on the aerial at their pit ?

again, they need to forget the "voodoo magic" & stick to reality and start digging where
testing shows possible hard Treasure.

they talk "spendables" but the spendables they are using come from a bank ,
not from the island. you can't spend natural water caves :unhappysmiley:

Last edited:

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't believe there is anything special about Oak Island other then
the amounts of Money wasted there digging & Re-digging the same holes
over & over.
But Thanks ! If i remember it when the Time comes to set my DVR,
I'll give it a look
=============================================
I remember vividly saying on this forum that there is probably more than one "treasure" to be found there.
The technology presented last night does NOT prove that.
BUT
That same technology HAS been used by the military to successfully locate those types of underground voids.
I am undecided on that same technology indicating the EXACT NATURE of what is underground though.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=============================================
I remember vividly saying on this forum that there is probably more than one "treasure" to be found there.
The technology presented last night does NOT prove that.
BUT
That same technology HAS been used by the military to successfully locate those types of underground voids.
I am undecided on that same technology indicating the EXACT NATURE of what is underground though.

I have to agree. It's like dowsing and saying the forked stick is pointing to Gold ,when
dowsing is usually considered accurate for water.

however until you dig & look, it has the possibility of being both.
again, I feel My money would be better spent looking to see.

the best odds of any treasure being on the island though is from Pirates.
And shallow. (no deeper then a well or outhouse would be dug)
for easy, quick, unseen Burial & retrieval.

I'm going to go out on a limb & say Nobody spends Years,
Maybe decades or centuries to dig a massive Tunnel system.
especially
on a small water logged island. to hide an object
or treasure of any size :tongue3:

of course I wouldn't put it past the Morlocks

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread