How long does a metal detector last before.......

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, the old washers went forever, but they didnt do anything but wash, there were no complicated programs like today. We want our machines to do everything. No problem to make a simple metal detector, that detects metal, but thats not what we want, we want it to tell us what metal, how deep, and what is the date on it, and how much its worth on e-bay.

OP
OP
W

wheatymike

Dec 31, 2011
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus, Compadre. Deleon.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Heck, You guys are telling me not to leave my detector in a hot car, but my cars radio has been baking in that same car for 13 years! :)

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Maipenrai, Hay, the last time I went to get a washer, I ask if they had one with a start button. The guy laughed and said they couldn't make any money with that one, it would last forever! Frank

111-1 profile.jpg

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
GarrettdigginAz, I looked at my surfmaster PI board. It is about 2 1/2" X 2 1/2" The bulk of the control box is for the batteries. Frank

hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well my detector just took a beating when I took a tumble. Broke my ankle in the process. Good news is detector works. Might not be waterproof now. The plastic screen is loose at a spot. Didn't bust it. But it did hit the rock on the corner. I guess the other bad news is, I can't get out for a bit. Plus I have to tell wife I'm fine dammit let me go. .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread