I have been told this is Indian made but can not verify. Anyone have any ideas on ID?

Larryb

Dec 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
045.JPG 046.JPG 047.JPG 049.JPG

Upvote 0

Mekong Mike

Jul 22, 2013
Vietnam, Saigon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
miami bottle dump 1800s

I use to search this area years ago and there is a lot of stuff in there.

Go down bayshore drive in miami to the Mercy hospital road entrance. On the side of the road are many trees and thick jungle. This was the old shoreline before the property was filled in where the hospital sits now. many old bottles, glass caps, coins etc.

All this land was the original shore of biscayne bay in the latter 1800s. . There is an old boat ramp in there too.

I'm never going back there , so whoever wants to search go ahead. I found indian pottery and ceramic pipes too. it's right off the main road, but once inside it looks like a jungle in mexico.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After hearing they are made from a graphite type material and that you have found that many pieces I would be willing to bet they are old battery cores.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the green marble came from an old battery as i have one just like it.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
After hearing they are made from a graphite type material and that you have found that many pieces I would be willing to bet they are old battery cores.

FWIW, that was my initial suspicion as well. I don't believe they are Native American.

katdancing

Jun 16, 2012
central wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LarryB Love the pic of arrowheads. The tan with the white & the tri -colored one are Outstanding !!!!!!
Great finds, all of them. :) KAT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread