I liked the old Treasurenet this is crap

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I won't get used to it. I DO NOT LIKE IT......What the HECK did you people do??????? This IS NOT GOOD! CHANGE IT BACK! Who ever designed this should be F-I-R-E-DDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!! What an absolute waste of time and $. I think the consensus is you are going to lose ALOT of members........MYSELF INCLUDED. This type of design is exactly why I DO NOT POST ANYMORE ON THE WHITES SITE! You had better act now and change it back.....or this site will be in serious trouble!

Sadly I think you're right and many members will post far less or outright leave. I plan to stick around but honestly can't see me sitting down too often for an hour (or more) straight and posting. Before many threads would flow almost like a chat, you'd click replies, and it was simple. There's really not much that separates this place from all the other forums now and if it doesn't get a whole lot easier for me than it is now, it will start to seem more like work to keep track.

PS: I think the whole "Likes" thing is silly and it's just something that's annoying... getting a notification if someone likes your post. I hope there's a setting to turn it off... and I'm sure there must be, because that's what this place seems to be about.... a million settings. lol

I have no plans to leave, but in what I anticipate being a really down year for detecting for me I could see myself being not much more than a lurker popping in here and there. Personally I would have done everything I could to save the old forum even if the fix took as long as building a new site because I think this was pretty risky.

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it sucks.....took me forever to log on and ....well it sucks ! Guess I wont be visiting this site much anymore.

firebird21

Dec 28, 2008
These changes are ridiculous. I won't post or even visit this site again. This was almost predictable.

spud

Mar 1, 2012
ohio
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
that was my feeling--it was better than most of the rest---now its just like the ones I dont go to--age old solution KISS!

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
the slogan is even incorrect, it's definetly not the original Treasurenet website, just a name now. this place is like finding a new penny, very common to the rest and wishing you had something old. the old format was wanted by many, now it's just not much to talk about.

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
NY
🥇 Banner finds
I posted in another thread about having a traumatic brain injury and it has gotten alot harder to figure out what to do here. The old tnet was easy that the first day i was able to figure it out. But my bigger concern is that some of the old timers just are as frustrated as I am. I have been detecting for over 20 years and did enjoy posting what I found. Part of what made it fun was that you knew HOGGE, IronPatch, Don and many others would send a reply and tell you more about what you found if I didn't know already. So the fact that these individuals have lost interest in the forum is very sad to me. This is my second day like everyone so ADMIN and MODS I have given effort to try to be able to figure it out and it is still very frustrating, haven't thrown the towel in yet but sadly it is looking that way.

oldtimer

Tenderfoot
Aug 21, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think we should give the new owners time to work things out. Eventually everything will come together. Like maybe I'll get my old account back (Michigan Badger). :)

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
Board changes cause people problems. It is always a learning curve to a new board format. About three percent will threaten to leave ( don't feel right) ( territorial ideas) and so on. About one percent will leave using it as an excuse to do what they were going to do any way.
Gripping is not helping or asking questions about the new board is it??
Try sticking around if you can. It takes time to learn changes.. Ask questions, Users and mods will help. What can one say to gripping and saying I may leave?? Go some were else and have fun, or try and learn the new way.

Hoping most will try and stay.

AIRFORCEMIKE

Jan 31, 2012
Kenosha Wi
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO, Minelab 705, Garrett AT PRO, Predator Model 31, Lesche, Garrett PP, Camo Killer B's.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like anything people hate change..well unfortunatly they also are inpatient as well. Give the owners some time to organize the site for those who cant take the simple hour to figure out how to navigate. For me the site looks GREAT..taken me some time to figure it out but I like the new look. Patience my friends..patience!!!

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
to report spamers use the little triangle with a ! in it at the left bottom corner of the post.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't believe how childish so many people are acting about the software change. Do you all not realize the old forum was using over 10 year old software? Nobody on the planet was using that software except here and that because Mark was too freakin cheap to update it. VBulletin has been the standard for years, and treasurenet has been long past due for a change.

Honestly, if this upgrade is too much for you to handle how can you even navigate the rest of the web? Go back listening to your AM radio and swinging you BFO detector.

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-IIBa/Tesoro Cibola
this is exactly why i didnt use vb forums. this is only my second time back since it was changed and i only came back to see if it had been swapped back over!! Thanks for selling us out Marc!!! it was much better before.....

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
I can't believe how childish so many people are acting about the software change. Do you all not realize the old forum was using over 10 year old software? Nobody on the planet was using that software except here and that because Mark was too freakin cheap to update it. VBulletin has been the standard for years, and treasurenet has been long past due for a change.

Honestly, if this upgrade is too much for you to handle how can you even navigate the rest of the web? Go back listening to your AM radio and swinging you BFO detector.

Users never have a clue to what is going on with a board. Yet these same gribers would be to one threating to sue if some thing happened due to the security risks of the old board sytem..

Not amussing to say the least.

Yet they will grip, they will stay or leave. that is the way it is.

Again if users need help, ask, other users and the ADMIN mods will help. Griping is doing nothing.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well it is a lot harder to use than the old Tnet.... It takes longer to find things.... Like they say if it aint broke don't fix it..... Tnet was working just fine easy to use .. but no we have to be like the goverment.... if something works great..... lets change it so it will be worse..... I have no idea why they messed Tnet up so bad........... zhaodpnet_02.gif

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys just wanted to post in here that I saw quite a few suggestions of things we can improve and fix.

We are going to be adding the Metal Detectors your using back in.
We are looking at why some users are unable to stay logged in.
We will improve the ability to see who started the thread on both the thread listing page, as well as on the thread display page where there will be an [OP] next to the username of the person who started the thread (original poster).

We are making changes. But this new software has been running for less then 24 hours. Give us some time guys... we'll get there.

Brewer

Tenderfoot
Apr 7, 2011
i dont post much, (if ive got nothing inteligent to say, i dont say it), but spend hours on the site. the change doesnt bother me, but the scrolling banner locks up IE, when i recover the page, closes the browser.
i might try firefox.

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
Top Banner Poster
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are still working out the bugs and adding features that the old site had. It's just going to take some time to bring everything over. We've added a field below the location to display metal detectors.

I think I also liked the older SITE much better!!! I belong to some other VB but this seems very very cluttered with little allot of CRAP!!! Who need stats!!? We cant see what detectors our fellow members have, to swap stories! Whats up with that??? Well its agood thing I can see my member ID now all the time!
WHY Change a good thing?? Let alone a great one! Hope there is room for revisions and improvements!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread