I liked the old Treasurenet this is crap

DanFL1962

Jan 8, 2010
Lawrence County, PA & Brevard County, Florida
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro & BHID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My only criticism is the new owners migrated to the new site before fully understanding the functionality and features of the old site. These guys are great engineers, but with only a few dozen posts under their belt.....they really didn't give themselves enough time on the old site to learn the features that were important to loyal users.

I'm sure they'll get there. But it could have been less painful for everyone if they ran a beta of their new site for six months before abandoning what Marc and his crew spent years tweaking and optimizing. Inviting a large group of seasoned users to beat on a beta site for several months would have eliminated 90% of the grief we are all seeing.

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
My only criticism is the new owners migrated to the new site before fully understanding the functionality and features of the old site. These guys are great engineers, but with only a few dozen posts under their belt.....they really didn't give themselves enough time on the old site to learn the features that were important to loyal users.

I'm sure they'll get there. But it could have been less painful for everyone if they ran a beta of their new site for six months before abandoning what Marc and his crew spent years tweaking and optimizing. Inviting a large group of seasoned users to beat on a beta site for several months would have eliminated 90% of the grief we are all seeing.

Sounds nice but it is not true. Folks gripping now would still grip. Been there done that.

Change is always a pain on a board.
The Admins and Mods so far are doing a very very good job with this. I am impressed with what they have done. The old board neede to go away. It is also a a good show of what was being done in the background of the old board that the users did not see the trouble with it.

Griping again is expected, yet does no good. Eventually the mods and Admin will get tiered of it.......I am sure they already are but have to deal with it.... Questions, suggestions, etc will help.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Change is always hard but I love T-Net so I will keep coming back. I'm here more for the people then the format of the site so I hope we don't lose too many good members...there are a few members I would not mind losing...lol. Until things get settled down and I learn the new format I most likely will not be on as much.

The one thing I need help with is seeing posts I replied to that had additional comments posted after mine. I was told it is in settings but I did not see it. Since this is the first thing I do each time I login and I think alot of people are the same as me maybe we can have a hot link on the home page to this information. On the old system I would click on the welcome button then scroll down to unread replies...it was easy but here a chance to make it even easier with a hot button. I'm sure everyone would use it.

Maybe you could start a thread that picks a new feature on the website each day and gives step by step directions on how to use it...a little online tutorial. Just a suggestion.

Thanks and I will be around for a little longer...:unhappysmiley:
NJ

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just noticed the detectors used are back...that was quick and a good sign. You guys can really move.

Thanks

NJ

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
Change is always hard but I love T-Net so I will keep coming back. I'm here more for the people then the format of the site so I hope we don't lose too many good members...there are a few members I would not mind losing...lol. Until things get settled down and I learn the new format I most likely will not be on as much.

The one thing I need help with is seeing posts I replied to that had additional comments posted after mine. I was told it is in settings but I did not see it. Since this is the first thing I do each time I login and I think alot of people are the same as me maybe we can have a hot link on the home page to this information. On the old system I would click on the welcome button then scroll down to unread replies...it was easy but here a chance to make it even easier with a hot button. I'm sure everyone would use it.

Maybe you could start a thread that picks a new feature on the website each day and gives step by step directions on how to use it...a little online tutorial. Just a suggestion.

Thanks and I will be around for a little longer...:unhappysmiley:
NJ

Subscriptions is what you are looking for in your settings:Way up at the top of the page by your user name is settings. Click on that, go to general setting and then go down the page and the setting for subscriptions. I believe this will help.

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The great part about this software is you can customize it to your viewing pleasure. Poke around in the Sittings in the top righthand corner and get it set up how you like. You just have to do it once and then you're off to the races!

Also, please please remember that we're not even close to done yet! There are TONS of features and modifications that we couldn't make until the conversion was complete.

Last edited by a moderator:

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys just wanted to post in here that I saw quite a few suggestions of things we can improve and fix.

We are going to be adding the Metal Detectors your using back in.
We are looking at why some users are unable to stay logged in.
We will improve the ability to see who started the thread on both the thread listing page, as well as on the thread display page where there will be an [OP] next to the username of the person who started the thread (original poster).

We are making changes. But this new software has been running for less then 24 hours. Give us some time guys... we'll get there.

Maybe I missed the post about TNET changing the platform they were using to VBulletin, if there was no such post that a changeover was going to take place. THAN SHAME ON YOU!!!!!! Something
that is as important to most, as this site is, should have had advanced warning that this was coming. If you did make a post than I apologize, if not, maybe you should consider the way you treat
your customers. Please make no doubt about it, we are your customers, some pay some don't. In the end, without us, this board would not exist.

Stepping down from soapbox now.

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe I missed the post about TNET changing the platform they were using to VBulletin, if there was no such post that a changeover was going to take place. THAN SHAME ON YOU!!!!!! Something
that is as important to most, as this site is, should have had advanced warning that this was coming. If you did make a post than I apologize, if not, maybe you should consider the way you treat
your customers. Please make no doubt about it, we are your customers, some pay some don't. In the end, without us, this board would not exist.

Stepping down from soapbox now.

Just wanted to let you know that we did let people know, multiple times. I totally understand the frustration and we are doing everything we can to improve the site. The software change, unfortunately, was a necessary evil. All we can do now is make the best out of it, continue to add things, tweak things and make it as good as we can.

treasurepirate1

Aug 21, 2010
Ontario canada
Detector(s) used
fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(this is what i wrote in my own post but decided to write it here as well) trust me i'm not the kind of person that likes changes and was dreading the day of the big layout change, but sometimes changes have to be done, but i think it should have been done in a slower and less abrupt and sudden way to allow time for peoples minds to adjust to the changes. i absolutely hate waking in somewhere and someone has completely changed a room without warning. the best way to change something is to do it slowly and in small sections to allow for for the mind to adjust. i just wanted to be clear i don't love the new layout but i much more prefer the old layout because i was used to it. I believe that certain features of the older layout should return like a similar background with the gold coins, adding a background could really add a sense of space and vibrancy to the webpage like it had in the previous layout.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where is the ignore icon???

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(this is what i wrote in my own post but decided to write it here as well) trust me i'm not the kind of person that likes changes and was dreading the day of the big layout change, but sometimes changes have to be done, but i think it should have been done in a slower and less abrupt and sudden way to allow time for peoples minds to adjust to the changes. i absolutely hate waking in somewhere and someone has completely changed a room without warning. the best way to change something is to do it slowly and in small sections to allow for for the mind to adjust. i just wanted to be clear i don't love the new layout but i much more prefer the old layout because i was used to it. I believe that certain features of the older layout should return like a similar background with the gold coins, adding a background could really add a sense of space and vibrancy to the webpage like it had in the previous layout.

Unfortunately there is no "slow" way to change forum software :/

PS - Looks around the background now and see if you see something familiar ;)

CKaufman

Feb 3, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250 /tesoro silver sabre umax/
garrett pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree-hard to get used to...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread