I must confess

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
im afraid i dont get exited much about todays music. i mostly like hard rock and heavy metal from the 70s through the very early 90s. i can count on my fingers the bands that i was impressed with in the last 16 years. :'(

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I grew up absolutely hating country music. It made me physically sick....nauseated and headaches....really! I couldn't stand it....but the hip hop music from about 6 years ago made me switch to country. I absolutely hated that Destiny's Child crap and music of that time. I listen to everything now. Coming back to "contemporary". It's not so bad anymore.

Adult alternative is basically what I enjoy most.

Marc....Is it the music or the videos you like?? :P I heard that Christina Aguila is "cleaning up her act". Have you heard her "Nasty Naughty Boy" song? :o :o

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with Joe on the songs...love em all.

I love the oldies but goodies...and rock & roll. Still dancing to em.

;) RR

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
I'll go along with Joe and RR and include up through the 70's. Loved listening to the Grand "Ole Opry and even ( :-[) Hee Haw.

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
1. Classic Rock like Black Sabbath ,Eric Burdon & The Animals or The Doors
2. Grunge like Nirvana or Soundgarden
3. Heavy Metal we all know them ;D
4. Some old country music like Johnny Cash
5. Some very early music like from 1890 on up to the 20's .Its that certain dragged out note that the man hits that i just love ;D ;D

NO RAP & NO Christina Aguilera !! Sorry Marc on the Aguilera thing ! ;D

Kansas

Jun 6, 2005
N.E. Kansas
Give me a couple beers, some Kansas City BBQ, and the Blues by Buddy Guy, Eric Clapton, and Stevie Ray Vaugh !!! Throw in some good friends and I am happy.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
Mona Lisa said:
I grew up absolutely hating country music. It made me physically sick....nauseated and headaches....really! I couldn't stand it....but the hip hop music from about 6 years ago made me switch to country. I absolutely hated that Destiny's Child crap and music of that time. I listen to everything now. Coming back to "contemporary". It's not so bad anymore.

Marc....Is it the music or the videos you like?? :P I heard that Christina Aguila is "cleaning up her act". Have you heard her "Nasty Naughty Boy" song? :o :o

i know what you mean about hating a style of music when you are younger and actually starting to like it at a later date. i used to despise bluegrass music as a teenager but now at 39 i really like it. funny how that works.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
hollowpointred said:
Mona Lisa said:

i know what you mean about hating a style of music when you are younger and actually starting to like it at a later date. i used to despise bluegrass music as a teenager but now at 39 i really like it. funny how that works.

hollow, I highly reccomend you stay away from "Dueling Banjos" while out on the highway. It tends to cause speeding tickets. :-[ LOL

OP
OP
Marc

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Spitfire Reddie said:
NO RAP & NO Christina Aguilera !! Sorry Marc on the Aguilera thing ! ;D

Maybe I should have been a talent agent - I thought Madonna was talented in 1988 ;)

Christina Aguilera has range, poise, and nice hips. ;)

I give her 9 stars. :-)

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I gotta be honest, when it comes to Shakira, she's definately hot, and smart (I believe she speaks 4 languages fluently?) but it's her voice. Mmmmm..... ;)

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can admit it also Mark,
She has talent...and that song really has a good hook.
I am 44 years...I love music now just as much as I did when I bought my first Beatles album...
There is a lot of crap out there...indeed today...a lot.
I can listen and enjoy all forms of music genera from Classical to Acid Rock to a good church choir...but the key my listening enjoyment is that...it must sound as good being played live as it would recorded.
Shakira is a hotty...but struggles singing live...her hips keep you mind busy enough to get through it...lol.
Christina can sing it along with 'dat swing it !!!

Trez

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Yeah, she does have problems singing live sometimes, but the body is distracting enough to make up for it, IMHO. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread