Im Having no luck lately getting permission to hunt

twister

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2005
Springfield, MO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont know if its the places I want to hunt or maybe its me but the last 3 times I asked for permission I got turned down. Today I asked at a old farm house they were working on and they said no but thanked me for asking, lol.
Kinda discourageing to me though. Im very apprehensive to begin with so when this happens it really kicks my butt.
Donno, guess I just have to keep on asking. Just wanted to vent....thanks for listening

HH Twister

Upvote 0

jreitz99

Jan 18, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab/Whites
Twister,

I know how crazy this sounds!...but try it & it will work. I always offer to give them everything I find.....it gets them trusting you right out of the box, most the time they can wait to start. I tell them the truth is I enjoy finding the items & I have box full at home I dont really need more. I bring a sample of the stuff Ive found & they are HOOKED. 8 times out of ten they dont really want the finds anyway. Sometimes knowing a good find came from their yard makes me think they should have it. I gave away some nice coins, but in return I cant even keep up with the invitiations. I now detect mostly for the local historical society....I have turned over finds from several local landmarks & they put them in a case with a plaque giving me credit.....to me this is worth more than a tin full of siver coins & a couple rings. once one person trusts you they will pass your phone number around like a hot potato.....now I have people telling me I should keep the finds they just enjoy seeing things uncovered in their yards.

HH John

R

rvbvetter

I tried something like what badger said. Those guys with the net chased me all over the county. Would have got away, but I couldn't find the county line. It's not easy running trying to hold your skirt down with one hand and your wig on with the other and looking for some darn line that's no where to be seen.
It all worked out ok though, cause the doctor says I'm much better now.

Being denied or refused in just about any other situation, I can go on with little thought about it. But being told no when I've asked for permission to detect. For what ever reason. Just embarasses the day lights out of me. And can really ruin my day for a time. But I continue to ask at other places and when I get a possitive, any thoughts of the previous experience disappear. So when denied, just grit your teeth, and try again somewhere else. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread