Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Well amigos it late in my part of world happy Easter. I am keeping an open mind that some of treasure may turn up.

More on the searches that have been carried out along the coast line of Cornwall here is some. Here is a map of lizard showing a spring.

MAP OF LIZARD SHOWING A SPRING 2.JPG
Lizard point below.

index.png

There is an interesting sea cave

Forever-Cornwall-Mullion-caves.jpg

High tide they are full of water.

cave kaydace cove.JPG

I would love to detect in the cave. fresh water from the back of cave filters through the sand.

IMG_4826.jpg

Part of me suspects these cave have been detected many times. As the are was rife with smuggling in the 18th century. yet fun.

panoramio-127375065.jpg

panoramio-110851665.jpg

But I have problems with Cornish Document?

Crow

Attachments

• 15429587069_d9ceb3e886_b.jpg
    15429587069_d9ceb3e886_b.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well....there are many tales, and some "unproven as yet" evidence that every, and or his men were most definitely ashore here during the period of the 50 mile voyage to Nassau. How long the fancy lingered here until eventually moving on to Nassau harbor is a question I have ? The other question is this ?? If you were the most wanted man on the planet, and you were waiting for a response from Governor Trott while sitting at anchor in eluthera, might you put a little insurance/treasure away here just incase there was deception on the part of Governor Trott?? Its something to consider?? This would have been a high risk part of the entire mission, and history could have read that every was captured in Nassau by Governor Trott after being deceived by Trott into thinking he had safe passage. Nothing is written of this possible scenario.....this is something I thought about, and decided to investigate. I have detailed info on this islands history, and it's fascinating for more than just every anchoring there. Cross that with the oral traditions, and mine and others finds here, and .... well.....he may have come ashore here !! Ill add more as the tale here unfolds...great thread crow 🫡🫡

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh no
Well amigos it late in my part of world happy Easter. I am keeping an open mind that some of treasure may turn up.

More on searched along the coast line of Cornwall here is some. Here is a map of lizard showing a spring.

View attachment 2140610 Lizard point below.

View attachment 2140612

What i found was a sea cave.

View attachment 2140614

High tide they are full of water.

View attachment 2140615

View attachment 2140616

I would love to detect in the cave. fresh water from the back of cave filter through the sand.

View attachment 2140617

Part of me suspects these cave have been detected many times. As the are was rife with smuggling in the 18th century. yet fun.

View attachment 2140618

View attachment 2140619

But I have problems with Cornish Document?

Crow
Oh wow....im also exploring the sea caves on this side, and very very similar !! I have a mark in one....let me draw it for you...hang on a minute...

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I
Well....there are many tales, and some "unproven as yet" evidence that every, and or his men were most definitely ashore here during the period of the 50 mile voyage to Nassau. How long the fancy lingered here until eventually moving on to Nassau harbor is a question I have ? The other question is this ?? If you were the most wanted man on the planet, and you were waiting for a response from Governor Trott while sitting at anchor in eluthera, might you put a little insurance/treasure away here just incase there was deception on the part of Governor Trott?? Its something to consider?? This would have been a high risk part of the entire mission, and history could have read that every was captured in Nassau by Governor Trott after being deceived by Trott into thinking he had safe passage. Nothing is written of this possible scenario.....this is something I thought about, and decided to investigate. I have detailed info on this islands history, and it's fascinating for more than just every anchoring there. Cross that with the oral traditions, and mine and others finds here, and .... well.....he may have come ashore here !! Ill add more as the tale here unfolds...great thread crow 🫡🫡
Black Bart

i think we can safely say much of crews share ended up in the brothers of Caribbean and every cat house on both sides of Atlantic. Yet there is evidence he was predisposed of hording treasure for himself. I would not be surprised there are small caches on.

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will take me some time to find my marks, I have a picture to find. It is basically a deep capital H with a connected capital E inside a circle !! It is carved into the wall of a sea cave !!.....it can only be entered at low tide !!

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
There is two spelling versions of his name with a A and a E. I think it is with E. because of the 1694 document signature? below,

CAPTAIN AVERY LETTER 1694 P3.JPG

But was Every literate to begin with? Perhaps he was illiterate and others spelt his Name given two versions?

So an interesting find you might have?

Crow

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The big oral story here circulating is that hatien immigrants that were working illegally on the island found 2000 gold coins and carried them off back to Hati !! None of the islanders have made the connection or are even aware that every would have been anchored only a few hundred yards offshore of this spot. If this treasure tale is true.....these islanders don't even know that he was here, and of coarse no one can say what type of coins were supposedly found. What I know that most natives don't, is that every was actually here, and was anchored in only one spot !! That spot is very close to the coin cache spot on land !! These coins were found while clearing land in early 2000s. The story of the hatiens was told to me by a couple different sources, and got me looking.....the first day snorkeling in shallow water in the Anchorage was amazing, and lots of 17th century material was there. Later metaldetecting on land I found musket balls and material from the war of 1812.....apparently American privateers burnt the settlement here, and quote " stole there gold, and carried it off" !! Other fantastic finds have been .ade on this modern day treasure island, including a large green bannerstone of Indian occupation here.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart out of curiosity is there a lizard point on Eluthera?

Crow
I'm not sure ?? But I will look for sure !! Interesting!!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Easter everyone....I've got treasure eggs to find....apparently there is a plastic gold egg with a twenty in it !! Continue on crow...ill be back later to add some more !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Black Bart,
Wish I had known what you wrote about when we were salvaging the Brig Baltic off Eleuthera twenty years ago.
But that's for another thread.
Please continue CROW; fascinating tale you weave.
Don in SoCal.
Well...since I can't dig on the Baltic like you did Don.....I search where the survivors would have camped....these are the same techniques I use on the other island related to "Every" this cave is one of many....you can see how the entrance has been widened to allow access.....we have alot of fun, and the kids know every little nook and cranny !! Once in awhile we find something good !! Ill return end of the month.

: Michael-Robert.

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Sovereign America
Detector(s) used
Many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The RICHEST Pirate of all time "Died a popper"? Or disappeared in Ireland? Or went back to Providence?

Where truly is that Treasure?
Timstamps: 0:00 A ship arrives 2:47 Beginnings 8:23 The Spanish Expedition 10:59 Mutiny 16:01 The flag of Every 18:36 The Fancy 27:39 Taking of the Gunsway 31:14 Depravity 34:09 Escape 41:06 A legend is born 48:55 Outro

[50min]

Last edited:

Tanneyhill

Mar 5, 2023
Fascinating story gentlemen. Thank you Crow for sharing. I often wonder where do you stumble upon such detailed yarns if you aren't combing through the various archives directly. Your research abilities are second to none.

I am intrigued by Mughal gold coins. Not much is written and discussed about Mughal treasure. Interesting comment earlier in this thread that Mughal fleets from/to India/Mecca were as rich in treasure as Spanish fleets.

I wonder what was the source of Mughal gold. India has a rich and long history of precious metals and gemstone riches but I have not studied this is any depth as to the origins of the metal i.e. where in India etc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is account of Henry Avery being cheated out of his money and had died in poverty.. That said it was still nearly 40 years after the event.
how true is this account is anyone's guess. We can say at the very least this was being claimed in 1733.

Crow

1733 account of treasure avery.JPG

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is book by William Defore who wrote and captain Avery.
lwlacq00227-644x1024.jpg

on pages 14 to 15 Defoe states Avery died in poverty robbed of his treasure by merchants. and was buried in paupers grave in Biddyford. This was stated in the third addition of his book in 1729.

So is the story of Averys alleged buried treasure was a much later than what was being said in 1729 by Defoe who have may of had knowledge of Avery?

Crow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread