Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's important to understand the "Pirate Round".

Pirate ships were custom built, and sponsored by a consortium of local merchants. The ships were built in the northeast American colonies like Boston, Philly, and new York. After completion they sailed to bermuda to get privateering commissions to attack the French in Africa. They would sail around the cape, and up into the red sea. Madagascar and the reunion islands were havens and bases of operation. Once loaded with illicit booty they returned to the American colonies to complete the Pirate round, and make it home to a home base of sorts to refit, retire, or settle down. It was all financially supported!!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a fisherman, who has a kyak, and some free time on my lay days !! In my young fishing days I used to drink and carouse !! Now I'm laser focused on my own adventures, and my free time in these ports is more valuable to me now than the incredible time spent on the hunt for sea monsters !! The blue marlin fishing in late may early June is mind blowing 🀯 and I get deeper, and deeper into the heart of the bahamas. Rum cay, San Salvador, Conception Island, long Island, Plana cays samana Island, crooked and acklins and long cay etc.etc.etc!! Now you guys can see how a lifetime of searching out these epic fishing spots with the budget of billionaires has led me to places no one goes to, or has been to in a long ass time !! Its the job that's taken me too the out islands !! Battling the sea chickens right now in the keys, but rigging the heavy tackle and charging detectors for may June in the bahamas !!!

: Michael-Robert.

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Sovereign America
Detector(s) used
Many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a fisherman, who has a kyak, and some free time on my lay days !! In my young fishing days I used to drink and carouse !! Now I'm laser focused on my own adventures, and my free time in these ports is more valuable to me now than the incredible time spent on the hunt for sea monsters !! The blue marlin fishing in late may early June is mind blowing 🀯 and I get deeper, and deeper into the heart of the bahamas. Rum cay, San Salvador, Conception Island, long Island, Plana cays samana Island, crooked and acklins and long cay etc.etc.etc!! Now you guys can see how a lifetime of searching out these epic fishing spots with the budget of billionaires has led me to places no one goes to, or has been to in a long ass time !! Its the job that's taken me too the out islands !! Battling the sea chickens right now in the keys, but rigging the heavy tackle and charging detectors for may June in the bahamas !!!
What's the name of your boat? Charter?

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Private boats
20240328_112453.jpg
20231227_084302.jpg

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 2141552
View attachment 2141553
The fancy lies right here....you can see the ship channel dredging just missed it. While everyone is at Atlantis hunting fresh drops and I phones, I'm in a kyak getting onion bottles, cob coins, and yup....snorkeling this crazy ass scary as shit spot. Had to see if evidence of the fancy is there.....like I said before....there an ancient sailing ships wreckage there mixed in with modern debri....I think it truly is bits of the fancy for my own reasons, and anyone else can go check too.....I have my reason for believing....ill keep that to myself.
Interesting stuff. You seem to be on a good project there. Just handling items that may be connected to the pirate and the FANCY is a treasure in itself.

I would not be surprised there are small caches still waiting discovery in the Bahamas. new England coast of Devon and Cornwall and even in Ireland.

contrary to academic beliefs and it had been repeated annoyingly all to often most of such pirate treasure was gambled away in gambling dens or spent on getting drunk in taverns or spent in brothels.

To some decree some of that is true. but it not always the case. We are talking about the days before bank as we know it. So an average jack tar sailor had carry his wealth on him. there was no loyalty among thieves and there was always chances of being robbed by your own crew members.

So some I believe indeed as circumstances dictated had families and wanted to hide their wealth to bring SOME money home. The pirate crews money equal to was life time of sailors wages. So they had considerable money from the piracy.

Some indeed would endeavor to hid their share while visiting various ports. due precarious life many of those pirates who hid there money was killed in drunken skirmishes and failed in one way of another to recover their hidden stash.

For the crew of the fancy had a very mixed fate. just like life to day. for example many years i worked in the mining game.

For Me it raised me out of poverty led me onto the road to wealth. While there are others I started out with is as still as broke as when I started with them. Wasting all their money on wine women and booze and everything in between.

So what academics fail to see is all people are different. instead they stereotype all pirates being drunken hoodlums with no thoughts of tomorrow. For many yes that was the case. But for some they saw piracy a better opportunity to better themselves.

In the case of the crew of the Fancy some as we know ended up on a hangman's noose others blew their money. others made secret successful lives in new England later and others hiding their cache died during the violence of the times or succumbed to the many diseases we take for granted today.

Making an estimate of possible un recovered caches from a crew of 120 . maybe 10 scattered caches Bahamas new England and UK.

Then there is the possible secondary caches coins being passed onto other parties for goods and services hiding them for their own reasons.
I do not think a large cache will be found but the possibility of coin spills or small caches connected to Captain Henry Avery and the Fancy is not impossible.

Crow

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting stuff. You seem to be on a good project there. Just handling items that may be connected to the pirate and the FANCY is a treasure in itself.

I would not be surprised there are small caches still waiting discovery in the Bahamas. new England coast of Devon and Cornwall and even in Ireland.

contrary to academic beliefs and it had been repeated annoyingly all to often most of such pirate treasure was gambled away in gambling dens or spent on getting drunk in taverns or spent in brothels.

To some decree some of that is true. but it not always the case. We are talking about the days before bank as we know it. So an average jack tar sailor had carry his wealth on him. there was no loyalty among thieves and there was always chances of being robbed by your own crew members.

So some I believe indeed as circumstances dictated had families and wanted to hide their wealth to bring SOME money home. The pirate crews money equal to was life time of sailors wages. So they had considerable money from the piracy.

Some indeed would endeavor to hid their share while visiting various ports. due precarious life many of those pirates who hid there money was killed in drunken skirmishes and failed in one way of another to recover their hidden stash.

For the crew of the fancy had a very mixed fate. just like life to day. for example many years i worked in the mining game.

For Me it raised me out of poverty led me onto the road to wealth. While there are others I started out with is as still as broke as when I started with them. Wasting all their money on wine women and booze and everything in between.

So what academics fail to see is all people are different. instead they stereotype all pirates being drunken hoodlums with no thoughts of tomorrow. For many yes that was the case. But for some they saw piracy a better opportunity to better themselves.

In the case of the crew of the Fancy some as we know ended up on a hangman's noose others blew their money. others made secret successful lives in new England later and others hiding their cache died during the violence of the times or succumbed to the many diseases we take for granted today.

Making an estimate of possible un recovered caches from a crew of 120 . maybe 10 scattered caches Bahamas new England and UK.

Then there is the possible secondary caches coins being passed onto other parties for goods and services hiding them for their own reasons.
I do not think a large cache will be found but the possibility of coin spills or small caches connected to Captain Henry Avery and the Fancy is not impossible.

Crow
No real project of any sorts....fate or destiny has me crossing paths with some of these historical characters. I've. Noticed a recurring theme throughout my life, and that's the fact that I keep ending up at places where these historical figures also spent time !! I've found it very strange that I keep finding myself in locations where a certain set of players also spent alot of there time. One of these characters is "Every"..... the other is king phillip the 5th !! I seem to also be in the same spots as Jack Rackam, and admiral Rodriguez and I have walked much of the same ground, and latley I seem to be at many of the same spots "ponce de leon" seems to have stopped at.....there have been moments when I realized that I must have been standing/walking the exact spots as some of these historical figures......Every kept popping up at places I seem to frequent also, so it's only natural to explore for evidence of these characters. Never thought I would find it, but I found more evidence than I ever thought I would !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cobb coins, and onion bottles are treasure from the pirates.....I've seen onion bottles, that far out value silver coins.....not uncommon to find onion bottles in 2-4 thousand dollar range !! As a young man I would find these bottles in keywest harbor, Nassau harbor, and governers harbor. I would sell them for a couple hundred bucks each......I never thought they would run out, and I thought I would find and sell them forever.....they are very scarce now, and I havnt found one in 15years !! I only find pieces now !!
17125740734866529578024245870604.jpg
17125741203173847633391714165616.jpg

Here's one from yesterday....an 18th century free blown wine bottle. Definitely 1700s, and almost never whole, these are even harder to recover than the onion bottles......these had a long delicate neck and primitive top.
17125743706755994942386788609642.jpg

Yesterday was good, and I got bottle frags, and olive jar shards, and iron Galleon spikes. Object of yesterday's hunt was to find evidence of spanish encampment, and I did !! Lots of clues that they were there, but none of the cobb coins yet !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can see remnants of the "punty rod" used to hold the bottle while blowing. One the bottle is done the punty rod is broken from the kick up on the bottle, and leaves the telltale pontil of a free blown bottle. Believe it or not I still get a thrill from even just half of one of these bottles. In the shipwreck artifact world bottle frags, and olive jar shards can fetch a fair price, and even a bottle bottom could fetch 35 bucks.....large olive jar shard with COA, might get you 40 bucks or more !! E erything is treasure these days, and you could probably get money for some of the ocean water from around the fancy......genuine sea water from the immediate vicinity of Everys flag ship the "fancy" only 10 $ a 4 once vial !! πŸ«‘β˜ οΈπŸ«‘πŸ€‘πŸ€‘

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Sovereign America
Detector(s) used
Many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can see remnants of the "punty rod" used to hold the bottle while blowing. One the bottle is done the punty rod is broken from the kick up on the bottle, and leaves the telltale pontil of a free blown bottle. Believe it or not I still get a thrill from even just half of one of these bottles. In the shipwreck artifact world bottle frags, and olive jar shards can fetch a fair price, and even a bottle bottom could fetch 35 bucks.....large olive jar shard with COA, might get you 40 bucks or more !! E erything is treasure these days, and you could probably get money for some of the ocean water from around the fancy......genuine sea water from the immediate vicinity of Everys flag ship the "fancy" only 10 $ a 4 once vial !! πŸ«‘β˜ οΈπŸ«‘πŸ€‘πŸ€‘
"Fancy" water? Now that just might work! And there is a endless supply. You would be the richess man in the world......lol

Last edited:

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Sovereign America
Detector(s) used
Many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The Fancy: Henry Every's DEADLY 46-gun Flagship​

Few pirate ships could match the 5th-rate flagship of Henry Every: The Fancy. Sailing at the head of a 5-ship armada, she dwarfed the lesser sloops and brigantines so common with pirates. Few opponents dared to resist her, and those who did soon faced a brutal 23-gun broadside. Her decks overflowed with battle-hardened scoundrels, expert at the sword and musket alike. With these tools and this ship, the crew of the Fancy sailed halfway around the world and back, taking one of the richest prizes in all of history, and faded into obscurity.

Modern sources:
British Warships in the Age of Sail 1603-1714 - Rif Winfield
King of the Pirates - E.T. Fox
Pirates in their own words - E.T. Fox
Pirates of the British Isles - Joel Baer
The Republic of Pirates - Colin Woodard
The Sailing Frigate: A History in Ship Models - Robert Gardiner

Period sources:
A cruising voyage round the world - Woodes Rogers
William Dick's South Sea voyage - William Dick
[24min]

Last edited:

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Sovereign America
Detector(s) used
Many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2141552
View attachment 2141553
The fancy lies right here....you can see the ship channel dredging just missed it. While everyone is at Atlantis hunting fresh drops and I phones, I'm in a kyak getting onion bottles, cob coins, and yup....snorkeling this crazy ass scary as shit spot. Had to see if evidence of the fancy is there.....like I said before....there an ancient sailing ships wreckage there mixed in with modern debri....I think it truly is bits of the fancy for my own reasons, and anyone else can go check too.....I have my reason for believing....ill keep that to myself.
Appears you are right about the Fancy's final resting place... I attached a current new video with sources.. Good research, mate.

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
So, the coded letter found by Dr Sean Kingsley and Rex Cowen proves to me he was talking in code and belong to a very special group. Spy for whom exactly? Royalist? Crow, can we define this group more? Very well thought out plan to support England and the group. I belive his identity as Henry Every was alias/fake set up by the group. Coded letter convinced me. Now are there more letters? Why was it found in Scottland? Scottland is in the North, connections?
Bart's theory is also tangible about possibilty being a Royalist(maybe this group). Very intriguing if so... Connection to Royal Island and what the Haitians found is plausible.

It's obvious to me his early life earn him the loyalty/trust of this group. Slave trading and secrecy earn him trust. His skills, travels, education, etc etc...

Then he just joind the English Navy? Gets fired after loosing a skirmish?

Makes you wonder how did he really get that info about the treasure ladden ship heading to Mecca?

I'll proceed by researching:
1) Benjamin Bridgeman
2) Coded Letter and Group & spy **
3) Royalist mentioned
4) Why Scottland?
5) Letter date was 4 yrs after he vaished!
Good point about the letter was 4 years after he vanished. I cannot give a fair comment about Rex Cowen and Sean kingsly's research. And with what information they had at their disposal.

Some time such notoriety is exploited for political religious or more financial reasons. Every stories about him at least would of been exploited to suit other agenda in the workings of the state.

In the course of the 17th century, the political system in England changed from the absolute monarchy of the Tudors and early Stuarts to constitutional monarchy and the rule of Parliament.

1706 was the act of the union. In which it became great Brittan. Before that England and Scotland was independent country vying for control of great Brittan.

Crow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Sovereign America
Detector(s) used
Many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good point about the letter was 4 years after he vanished. I cannot give a fair comment about Rex Cowen and Sean kingsly's research. And with what information they had at their disposal.

Some time such notoriety is exploited for political religious or more financial reasons. Every stories about him at least would of been exploited to suit other agenda in the workings of the state.

In the course of the 17th century, the political system in England changed from the absolute monarchy of the Tudors and early Stuarts to constitutional monarchy and the rule of Parliament.

1706 was the act of the union. In which it became great Brittan. Before that England and Scotland was independent country vying for control of great Brittan.

Crp
It was his wife who actually discovered the letter while researching a Dutch ship.. She has a good eye....

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
It was his wife who actually discovered the letter while researching a Dutch ship.. She has a good eye....
I had researched in many archives around the world you have look at many things that might be related to the documents your searching for. Some times you come across awesome virtually forgotten stuff.

But before you know it ya wasted precious time in the archive reading up on other interesting stuff and not the stuff you are actually searching for.

Crow

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loading up slowly for bahamas....I will definitely be at royal island when I can sneak off work for a day. Leaving in a couple weeks.
Screenshot_20240331_123007_Google Earth.jpg

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_20240413_082650_Google Earth.jpg
Screenshot_20240413_082720_Google Earth.jpg
Screenshot_20240413_082741_Google Earth.jpg

There are many reasons to call this island treasure island, and once we know the draft of the fancy, we then know where she would have had to anchor. I also know that access was mainly at the protective inner harbor....only light draft vessels would have access here, and Lage ships would have to tender in to the protective harbor. I believe from the position of the hatien coin find that this was the case for Every. The fancy would had have restrictions in draft, and could only anchor in a few positions.....familiarity with these waters would have been necessary for this stop, and many a ship has sunk trying to make this safe Anchorage!!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Read this snippet and you'll understand my fascination with this island, and why I have had such success here !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions