76 KB · Views: 775
  • 0902091504[1].jpg
    0902091504[1].jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 761
  • 0902091505a[1].jpg
    0902091505a[1].jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 765
Upvote 0
WOW, looks like someone spent a lot of time making that.
I wonder how long ago it was made, what a different world
it must have been.

Awesome point just beautiful man congratz :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That's a beautiful point Newt. Post it in the artifacts forum. Those guys will love to see it. :thumbsup:

Randy

Awesome point Newt. I will be down in your neck of the woods again from the 5th to the 11th. Maybe this time I will at least find a broken point. Last trip I got skunked. Keep em comin.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

That is on fine looking arrowhead :headbang: Good looking out to spot that relic too :icon_thumleft:

Thanks for the replies.

I had walked past this point at least 3 times.

Newt

JuJu said:
Awesome point Newt. I will be down in your neck of the woods again from the 5th to the 11th. Maybe this time I will at least find a broken point. Last trip I got skunked. Keep em comin.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Good luck.
Creeks are pretty dry in my area.
Newt

Wow, that's a beauty. I've found some similar to that one but never as translucent as yours. I bet your heart was skipping beats when you were picking that one up, hoping that it was all there.

When I say similar, I don't know if they are the same. In Florida I found some they call Hernando points made out of agatized coral.

Thanks for showing us.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

beautiful point , sweet find congrats :icon_thumright:

Nice arrowhead. Ever think about why you often find beautiful examples like this? I think it has to do with the fact that besides the skill of the person who made it, you probably also had someone who was pretty skilled with a bow. They either were able to hit their target (and it was able to get away with their arrowhead efforts) or it was a long shot attempt that could not be found. If you didn't think you could make the kill, would not want to waste a shot after spending hours on a peice like that! Not many jobs today where the quality and skill of your efforts mean life or death. Different world indeed!

Sweet find.

Surprman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back