OP
O

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You must of been looking at Glens photo bucket account ehh. I checked out all his pics there last night.

It looks pretty cool, doesn't look like the bends are restrictive at all.

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
Since i dont want to post things on different threads i believe it belongs here.. I was trying to design a infinity jet i saw on the net.. What ya guys think.

Attachments

• image-1982711672.jpg
    image-1982711672.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Since i dont want to post things on different threads i believe it belongs here.. I was trying to design a infinity jet i saw on the net.. What ya guys think.
you might as well get glen to build you one too
He's doing one for omni and myself ! Probally wont be much of a problem For him to do a third

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
But that does look like a good drawing and design .. But I don't think there's a need for a dual feed . But what do I know

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
But that does look like a good drawing and design .. But I don't think there's a need for a dual feed . But what do I know

Thanks,
i think is a better design then the other one.
Since when water enter through both side it shoots straight to the exit without hitting against the inside walls or anything.

But thats what i can see happening inside.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
your design is lacking a few things. pressure/vacumn gauges to check your best setting. and what kind of material are you going to make this out of? if useing steel, the threads will rust up and itll never be able to adjust again.

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
your design is lacking a few things. pressure/vacumn gauges to check your best setting. and what kind of material are you going to make this out of? if useing steel, the threads will rust up and itll never be able to adjust again.

I was thinking putting a pressure gauge near pump and the vacumn could be checked with monometer.

I was thinking making it out of steel and using some kind of lubricant or something in the threads; i dont know.

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can you not just adjust your jet for max flow threw your box?
I have no plans of putting presure gauge or vacume gauge on my dredge .. I just figured I'd run it as hard as I could and tightened up the jet just to,where the flow starts to drop in the box and back it off just a little and go to work ..
Will this not work?

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
I think the pressure gauge is very important to know the working psi you want. since you adjusting while the pump is running you wont know what is the best working psi or if you totally closed the jet of water. About measuring the suction i believe is only good for when comparing different results of jets and how well your jet is doing rather then judging it with your hand.

Last edited:

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think the pressure gauge is very important to know the working psi you want yo since you adjusting while the pump is running wont know where is the sweet point. About measuring the suction i believe is only good for when comparing different results of jets and how well you jet is doing rather then judging it with your hand.
Guess I always figured the sweet spot was on the bottom of the river ... Lol

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
yes i guess all of the above will work, but to know what PSI will give you the best vacumn/suction,then youll need a vacumn gauge.but for some, good enough is good enough!

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
Soo i was thinking isnt it better making the jet out of stainless steel? I really dont want to deal with rusting in between the thread and i dont want to end up using some kind of grease that will effects the sluice to trap gold.

OP
OP
O

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Have it anodized or keep a wire brush handy or wd40 the threads every time you take it out of the water. Looking at your drawing, it will not work like you have it drawn. The pipe with the threads will have to have threads on the whole pipe otherwise you will never get it together.

You can always have just that piece made of stainless.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions