Infinity Jet Build (Hey John)

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here's the deal your never gona build a perfect jet ! All of them are gona have some kind of restriction and scub off flow ..
A standard jet is a terd for multiple reasone 1 it's not efficient 2 they tuble rock an beat holes in the tube and cause plugs more because of the tumbling!
Infinity jets need regular cleaning as they plug up a lot because of the gap but it's not hard to clean them out and they are fully adjustable to any pump combo !
They also have a loss in there chamber similar to the tri and quad jets . They also offer the greatest suction ...
Tri and quads are a fixed jet size so you can't change pump and engine combos or adjust for pump wear ect . But they do a better job than a standard jet and will last a lot longer...

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got to rember pat has something to,sell ya ..
And he will tell ya anything to,do so

Truth is keene makes a one size fits,all kind of,jet
Yes they will work but making one just for the flow your pumps,make is gona be better to begin width
And what he told you,about those 2engines he told me different .. The p350s on a 16 to 25 hp will move 650 gpm and 200' of head
And that's a lot of head fellas !
The twins on ther other hand will only do a total of 500 with180' of head ... Now the php 500 on a couple of 8 or 10 hp watch out Probally would suck the hose inside out !

OP
OP
O

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, I know he is trying to make a sell. But when I asked him about a 15hp and php500 he said the twin 180's would work better. The 180's do 300gpm @ 180 head according to the catalog and pat. So here is where we stand. We know the limitations of all the different jet, from deadheading to plugging, So where do we go from here? For me, its the best bang for the buck or should I say, lack of bucks. I can get the material for little to nothing to build what I drew up so I guess I'll try to build and see how it goes! Then after I find out if it works good then I'm happy. If not then quad jet here I come!

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, I know he is trying to make a sell. But when I asked him about a 15hp and php500 he said the twin 180's would work better. The 180's do 300gpm @ 180 head according to the catalog and pat. So here is where we stand. We know the limitations of all the different jet, from deadheading to plugging, So where do we go from here? For me, its the best bang for the buck or should I say, lack of bucks. I can get the material for little to nothing to build what I drew up so I guess I'll try to build and see how it goes! Then after I find out if it works good then I'm happy. If not then quad jet here I come!
I can only tell ya what I would do!
First let me say that when I first bought this 6" tripple it had no motor pump .i had 2 of the 4" keene 3stage with Honda engines and p180 pumps when I called keene they said that those pumps would only move enough water for the 5and 6" mini as they both have a 20. " box just a different jet and come everything els is the same...
And that running it as hard as they can .. Which limits you from using big compressor like a gast .. Or dredging with a long hose ... ,... Now your gona have some improvement with a better jet ... But how much ????? It's hard to say for sure .. Personally I'd talk Allen trees out of a couple of his pumps the 400 gpm with press on impellers or just thread the shaft and run a 2 of the honda knock offs from china .. There like 150 or 200 bucks each.. .. You can hunt around and get the Honda for cheaper than buying them from keene I think I payed 325 for mine new threaded shaft and all ! Just get the model number and google it you'll find some deals

By the way on eBay it seem like there's a kholer eng and that php 500 on some kind of special deal like 800 or 900 for the package plus they have the blaster nozzle built into that pump ... And that's as cheap as buying the 180 unit from keene and that way you alway have the option of adding longer hose or,running bigger air compressor.bigger box it just leaves the door open for more options...

littlenugget1

Jan 23, 2014
caldwell,id
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
But how the quad is built, like yours, your losing 34% because of the dead heading. Asumeing you do away with one of your intakes, move and enlarge the other so it didn't deadhead, and you wye's your lines together and took them into the new side inlet, according to Pat Keene, your still going to lose 17% The drawing I did would be exactly the same as a normal jet let with the added benefit of 6 jets but no friction loss.

well if it is losing 34% the way it works then so be it. i have not seen many with other jets work much better! But i think it is less % than what the numbers say.

and on another note. I think when you are pressurzing a tank the % of lose does don really matter. you are looking at volume other than flow a hole new game.

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
G, once again Allen Trees does not sell parts any more. I just called yesterday and asked again and was told NO. As for Kohler, Honda, or any other name brand, I wont buy. I would of bought another Subaru but only because I had one and would match them up, but beyond that I perfectly happy with cheep throw away motors. With good maintenance, replacing the spark plug with a good one and not abusing the engine, it'll last quit a few years. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do for a jet yet. I like the keene jet flare and how it's adjustable but they only come oversize now. Cant seem to find one listed on proline so my last choice is dk-nugget. They are a standard size but not adjustable. I have a idea going back to the infinity jet but it will still require machining... I do want to try building my sketch but the math isn't working out on spacing the tubes so they all fit in a 2" "holder" and still get evenly spaced and same length.

Buddy, my point is Mark told you one thing, about how good the trijets and quadjets are but Pat is saying their jets are superior to any jet out there. Another thing Pat told me is you want to run your engines almost max speed. He was saying around 3200 to 3400 rpms was the sweet spot on the pumps to really create good suction on the jet... No way would I run my engines at that speed for a prolonged period. Over all he seem to be kind of a ass.

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
G, once again Allen Trees does not sell parts any more. I just called yesterday and asked again and was told NO. As for Kohler, Honda, or any other name brand, I wont buy. I would of bought another Subaru but only because I had one and would match them up, but beyond that I perfectly happy with cheep throw away motors. With good maintenance, replacing the spark plug with a good one and not abusing the engine, it'll last quit a few years. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do for a jet yet. I like the keene jet flare and how it's adjustable but they only come oversize now. Cant seem to find one listed on proline so my last choice is dk-nugget. They are a standard size but not adjustable. I have a idea going back to the infinity jet but it will still require machining... I do want to try building my sketch but the math isn't working out on spacing the tubes so they all fit in a 2" "holder" and still get evenly spaced and same length. Buddy, my point is Mark told you one thing, about how good the trijets and quadjets are but Pat is saying their jets are superior to any jet out there. Another thing Pat told me is you want to run your engines almost max speed. He was saying around 3200 to 3400 rpms was the sweet spot on the pumps to really create good suction on the jet... No way would I run my engines at that speed for a prolonged period. Over all he seem to be kind of a ass.
you must have a thing for china . I prefer to by stuff from the us when it's comparable but China's junk is alway last on my list! While it may none cheaper your paying for it ! Just look around less Americans buying stuff lead to lower wages for you and most in you area.. Like I said your gona pay for it either way.. But you should realize your slowly knocking your kid legs out from under them .. While pat will feed you all the info to buy his stuff in 2years iv destroyed 3 keene Jett's so being better,, aaaaa there's no way! As for gold dredge builder he's still selling me stuff ? Hmmmmm. Haven't tried a pump but I'll check ! That's why I said beg! As for you jet I'd call glen oats or oaks ! I will if someone would get me his number! Or contact info anyways .....please !

littlenugget1

Jan 23, 2014
caldwell,id
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
you must have a thing for china . I prefer to by stuff from the us when it's comparable but China's junk is alway last on my list! While it may none cheaper your paying for it ! Just look around less Americans buying stuff lead to lower wages for you and most in you area.. Like I said your gona pay for it either way.. But you should realize your slowly knocking your kid legs out from under them .. While pat will feed you all the info to buy his stuff in 2years iv destroyed 3 keene Jett's so being better,, aaaaa there's no way! As for gold dredge builder he's still selling me stuff ? Hmmmmm. Haven't tried a pump but I'll check ! That's why I said beg! As for you jet I'd call glen oats or oaks ! I will if someone would get me his number! Or contact info anyways .....please ![/QUOTE

Well i have bought from allen trees before but when i was going to get his pumps that he was going to sell me i called him and was ready to drive up there and pay cash for them He said iam sorry i can not sell you any pumps when he already said he would sell them to .

so off to proline to high and not what i needed then to the one in washingtion way to high then on to keene and now i have my pumps and they work great.

OP
OP
O

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
G, I am a service connected disabled VET. I'm very American, but hmm, Honda kind of sounds Japanese to me, Kohler is built in China, Briggs Stratton well read this: The only exception would be the Vanguard horizontal shaft, V-Twin and 3-cylinder liquid cooled engines (All Vanguard vertical shaft single cylinder engines are made in the USA). The Vanguard horizontal shaft and V-twin engines have many of its components made in the USA and are assembled in Japan. So long story short, you wont find any small engine made in the USA. So I could spend many many times more money for a brand that will last 5 years or so or a cheep knock off that will last almost as long for 1/4 the money.

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Haha the gc series honda are made in the us plus Honda makes cars here also ! Just giving you a guard time brother ! By the way that's for you service ? I was n the first golf war if ya Wana call it a war ... Finally made contact with glen . Gona have him do a infinity (circle) jet ....for my 6"

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
First Gulf War (slaughter) myself. Thanks for your service also. How much is he going to charge you? I wonder if he could make 2 cheaper...one for you one for me. Most Honda's are not made here: Honda Engines - Manufacturing locations GC series COULD be from here but also Italy.
not sure yet but I'm not gona worry with the cost everybody say he's the best and I'm after the quality ,,, tired of the junk ..
Honda is smarter than that ... Japan doesn't bother me they have some standards there . China on the other hand don't like them so much ! I wish we didn't trade with them

OP
OP
O

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When are you going to find out the price? If he can do it cheaper then 400 I would be interested.
Do you have any examples of his design or work?

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When are you going to find out the price? If he can do it cheaper then 400 I would be interested. Do you have any examples of his design or work?
no but you don't get a reputation like he has building junk!
He's working on a dual 12" said it would be couple weeks at best.....

OP
OP
O

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So, I bought my engines today along with $290 worth of metal to build my frame and sluice. I also picked up 6 - 30gal barrels. Now I just need the weather to clear so I can to work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread