The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once again ... this day started out with a plan . I was to head down to Tims neck of the woods and meet him and Jeff at a restaurant . So when I arrived the two of them were filling there faces with a nice home cooked breakfast .....It looked good so I had to have some hash browns for a quick fix and then we just headed out to that field..... where we hoped to find the area that the Horse track had been. After a couple of hours and a few meager finds we headed back to the truck anddiscussed what we had missed or if we had the right area.

P9270005 Large Web view.jpg

So now that the plans have changed we decide to head down the road to an old cellar hole I noticed along the road on private property....asking permission was not a problem the people were very nice and let us detect without a problem .......but again we found nothing .......I happen to find a Silver buckle , but there was just to much garbage everywhere......!

P9290040 Large Web view.jpg

Now that we took a break and had something to eat for lunch , we now decided to head down to Allegheny county to hunt the farm fields that (Bob) the farmer and land owner gave me permission to hunt . This area has given up plenty of early colonial coppers, large cents and early Relics and Buttons. So with the day starting to get late and already 2:00 pm ....Tim decided to call it the day .......So rather than call it the day ourselves. Jeff and I decide to go to the Farm field and give it a go , and I am so glad I did because when we got there , no more than 10 minutes went by when I got this good hit down very deep. So I started digging.... the ground was still wet from all the rain we had so it made for some easy digging . I had dug down about 12 inches

P9280013 Large Web view.jpg

and as I swung the coil over the hole I now had a very nice sound and I just know this was going to be good........But what I saw on the next shovel of dirt was just amazing ....a large silver coin on edge, so I just called to Jeff " you have to see this" .......Now I never found a Bust Half so this was not only a first for me but a heart pumping find! An 1835 Capped Bust half I could not believe it.......

P9290022 Large Web view.jpg

P9290023 Large Web view.jpg

There are still coins here! They are deep but you never know when your going to hit them. Plus being only 30 feet from the road in an area that I really never gave much attention , surely surprised me with my first bust half! After all this I just have to do one thing .......and thats to thank Bob the land owner for the opportunity he has given me and my friends to hunt this very old area!

Thanks and Happy Hunting

The Seeker

Attachments

• P9290024 Large Web view.jpg
    P9290024 Large Web view.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 6,685
  • P9290028 Large Web view.jpg
    P9290028 Large Web view.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 6,635
  • P9280014 Large Web view.jpg
    P9280014 Large Web view.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 6,529
Upvote 0
OP
OP
The Seeker

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JerDfx said:
You can say that again. That's a real beauty Seeker.

I'd love to find one of those myself. Gonna take alot of years to find one. But one day I hope. You got alot of great old spots in your neck of the woods.

To bad I'm in the city. Farm lands are where you want to be. P.a has alot of them. Hard to find the time to get out of the city and check though.

HH Jer

You know something Jer.......With all the cool stuff your finding back there in the city why would you want to go the the woods and hunt!

I know there are all those old coins and Relics where I hunt but hey....there are plenty of old places in the inner city to, you just have to locate those few remaining spots that are left! Knowing you and the job your doing ! You will find them.

Keep on digging my friend!

The Seeker

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bust 1/2!

Love the rosette too!

hh

lonewolfe

kd8hf

Nov 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Classic ID
I don't know, I believe that I enjoyed the well written post as much as the wonderful pictures.

Great job.

Gary

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW! Great find. You'll always remember that one. My oldest half so far is a 1942 Walking Liberty, so you've only got me beat by a measly 107 years :D

Nat

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job and a great story to go with it.

LeJeuene

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are pegging my AADD meter with the "brite shiny things!" Keep finding them though, they are awesome!!

WTG!!
HH,
Ramapirate

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice find. One of those you have to clean carefully.

Shame, looks like that one was cleaned with steelwool.

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang, if I found one of them I would be needing an ambulance to haul me out of there. Congrats on that half.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions