Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
SWR: I would like to apologize. You re-posted your original and you know I really misread it. I see that now and again would like to offer my sincere apologia. Sorry. :dontknow:
Prospect: Why can you not see it? If it is work or something they are going to rebroadcast it, or possibly you do not get the History channel? Regardless, if you cannot get this I will go old school and burn it to DVD for you. Later pal.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
My g'mother was the first person Cole Younger came to see after returning to KC from Mn.He wanted a job or money.She gave him some money but no job.He and Frank James then went to Ok to supposedly look for a cashe,their's or someone else's,I don't know.Not being able to locate it,they then went on to the Wild West show.No other buried treasures that I know of although Jesse's wife lived in an upper middleclass part of KC after his death and I don't know the source of her income.My folks really didn't talk too much about them to us kids.I know they did see Belle Starr's daughter Pearl and that her g'daughter lived near us.I would think that there was no more than maybe one or two buried cashes.Money was spent fast by the gang.Frank especially liked horse racing and worked at a track for awhile.He was also a shoe salesman.I noted some of this a while back on t'net - http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,61476.msg446217/topicseen.html#msg446217

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
stilldign said:
I can document that Jesse James was the first man on the moon.....he hid a few million dollars there.
Thanks for the heads-up on the documentary guys.

This is a fact. He also carved a bunch of turtles, owls, wolfs, skulls into the mountains and craters to show where the treasure was buried.

Jay

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frank came down to Oklahoma and bought a place near Fletcher, and allegedly scoured the Wichitas for lost caches, and maybe found some... It's an established fact Frank came down there and bought the place. His mom died in Oklahoma City while returning to Missouri from Fletcher on the train. They moved Frank's house over to that park by Cache. I've sat on the front porch before. One thing most folks don't realize is that the Ford brothers could never have took out Frank. He got milder in his later years, but he was very cold blooded and quicker prone to violence. So whatever he says he was lookin for in the Wichitas, it's fine with me.

K

Kentucky Kache

prospector40 said:
I dont have cable where I live, not to mention I am too cheap to spring for the more pricey alternatives.

Then how are you gonna know it was the real space shuttle that blew up? ::)

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kentucky Kache said:
That's because almost every time you make a post it's telling someone they are wrong, or misled. A lot of us don't necessarily disagree with you on some of your beliefs, it's just that every time someone sneezes they are made to feel silly because they can't prov it was a real sneeze. It really gets old. REALLY!

The advice I received by a very smart lady here on T-net, was when he gets like that, just shake him off your leg and go on :laughing7:

GG~

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Well, the History Channel show brought up more questions than answers.
There was a little excitement when two small (AHEM) caches were unearthed.
But the biggest surprise was the Kansas locality the search team found James/
KGC? markers.
Naturally the team ran out of cash before getting to the big cache. Talk about
not covering your holes.
I gave it three stars for originality. The Dalton connection was debunked also.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
"Shake him off your leg and go on ." I'm gonna use that a lot in future replies to one individual ;D
I saw some interesting things in the show . What I saw most was someone jockying for another 2 hr
TV show .
As I posted on another thread ; that baby 'hoptoad' was capable of digging much more than they scratched in 'Part One'.......Stay tuned for the next exciting episode .

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey gang,
Watched the show twice tonight and recorded it.... It was pretty cool, they found a small cache ( 21 coins including a $10 and $20 gold coin ) and a small dore bar ( gold )...

PLL

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals
Think they were real or plants? It was hard to tell, and the lone gold bar under a tree? I guess they just could have been really really lucky.

bird-n-buck

Aug 13, 2009
I am just getting started in detecting and have no experience but those coins they found on that show looked like they were in awfully good condition compared to what I have seen of other finds posted on here.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
i tivoed and watched the show and i liked it! very entertaining! i wish they would have had more on the research they did to come up with locations, but i guess that would not be in their best interest after spending so much time and money on this research! he had a lot of notes and hand drawn maps that he had made over the years of his research! im sure all of the locations on the show were on private land, so going out looking for a place to dig wouldnt be productive!

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Jimmy(PA) said:
Think they were real or plants? It was hard to tell, and the lone gold bar under a tree? I guess they just could have been really really lucky.

I was wondering the same thing Jimmy...I hope they weren't planted there to make for "good TV" but the recovery looked real enough. I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt unless some one with the crew comes out and says different, I think they really did find these caches. It would be a really good publicity stunt to get more funding though. As far as leaving the "vault" dig site unfinished I just can't buy that, I have seen guys dig ponds and move a lot more dirt in a very short time with a lot less equipment. I don't think there is anyone on Earth that would stop digging if they truly believed there was a huge vault of treasure just a few feet deeper.

Overall it was a very good show, I am now more inclined to believe that Jesse James death was faked after hearing some of the questions raised by the researchers:

1. Why would the governor assassinate Jesse and pardon Frank? I would like to know more about Governor Crittenden's political views and previous actions.

2. Why did the Clay county Sherriff get involved at all, the murder took place in Buchanan county almost 50 miles away. As high profile of a case as this one was at the time I can't see St. Joseph officials allowing another county to step in like that.

3. The sign in sheet from the Confederate reunion was pretty interesting too, I wonder why anyone would sign Jesse James name to it? Would they have thought this was a good joke back then and is there any way to analyze his hand writing along with the signature?

It was a very good program, I hope they do a follow up.

HH Charlie

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Some of you may be interested in this site.It is very in depth with JJ biographers and researcers and descendants.Lots of documentation to a lot of your questions.You may have to join the site,it's free.Go to the site and click on Jesse James discussion.Click on any topic on the left and when it comes up,also at the top of the left side will be 'All'.Click on that and you will get all the history topics discussed(50 at a time).

http://forums.prospero.com/delphicomz/myforums

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals
As far as I know DNA test ended any doubt as to Jesse James being dead and buried in the alleged grave. The signiture in the book was most likely someone playing a joke or someone could have signed it for Jesse James, you know like Jesse was still among them in spirit. As for the last treasure, I agree, why would anyone leave that site? A few guys with shovels could have gone a few foot deep in a day beyond what the backhoe did. If he really believed any real treasure was there he would not have left the site and obviously any landowners in the area will now know the location by the giant hole. I mean how deep could they really have buried it in 1880, chances are it was brought to the remote site on a wagon by a few men with shovels. What would be the need to bury it 20 feet instead of 5 or 10?

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this today. Where's my silver & gold :dontknow: