Jesse James Treasure

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why is that jar called a "Mason" jar?

A Mason jar is a glass jar used in canning to preserve food. They were invented and patented by John L. Mason in 1858. They are also called Ball jars, after Ball Corp., a popular and early manufacturer of the jars; fruit jars because they are often used to store fruit; or generically glass canning jars. While largely supplanted by other methods for commercial mass-production, they are still commonly used in home canning.

Antique mason jars are eagerly sought by collectors, and are bought and sold not only through antique stores, but also on auction sites such as eBay. While most jars sell for only a few dollars, some have sold for as high as $30,000. The value of a jar is related to its age, rarity, and condition.

GG~

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey gang,
According to the show ( and several books ) the DNA is in question, because they couldn't use the main DNA testing, they had to settle for the second one, and I can't remember the name . Also, there was a question about the donor source of DNA and that there were many James family members buried at the farm, they are not sure if it was Jesse that they dug up. Here is a link to the data http://www.eva.mpg.de/genetics/pdf/Stone.JFS.2001.pdf

PLL

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the golddore bar it was buried pretty deep in the main root section of the tree. I was wondering if they found more but elected not to show it on TV...

PLL

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
garrett, minelab, tesoro, whites
Nail on the head!! A big two hour commercial for funding so Pastore won't have to get a real job!

In my opinion both treasures they "found" were planted. The coins and jar were way to clean to have been in the ground for 100 years. The "gold" bar would have been completely enveloped by the tree and not stuck back in a crevice like it was. If that was put there 100 years or more ago that tree would have been a twig at the time. Anything in the ground that long gets caked with dirt that doesn't just fall off and show a shiny silver coin.

In my opinion this whole thing was completely bogus and just a way for Pastore to be "famous", something he's wanted to be his whole life.

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals
Also they left the targets and came back later to dig them to check out other sites. I mean a good hit at 12in? How long will that take to dig with a large shovel? A minute. If the objects were real and you received a hit like that you would not wait, move to another site a few miles away and come back later, it makes no sense. If it was done for good tv they could have just shown the clip later. IDk I find it suspicious, chances of this being related to Jesse James or the KGC IMO are remote, very remote in fact. If anything it was a farmers stash but even then why bury it so far out and not closer to your house? I guess all things are possible but I still think it was a plant it just doesnt add up. And both jars just happen to have gold coins in them? Come on... The only reason im not 100% sure its fake is due to the fact that some coins were dated after 1882, why would they plant coins dated after his death?

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
savant365 said:
If and I stress "IF" they planted them, putting dates in there after 1882 adds to the possibility that he faked his death.

Good point considering that was one of the main focus of the show. So now we can add to the fact that the coins were dated after his death BUT just enough after his death to make them relevent to him had he faked his death. So say he did fake his death and you needed some sort of cache proof of this coins from the mid and late 1880's would be perfect, coins from the 90's and into the 1900's would be too new IMO. These Caches were just too perfect to the story to be true IMO. Had they dug some early 20th century caches i'd have faith they were real but 2 caches, in seperate locations dated to just after his death? :dontknow: These guys should play the lottery.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Someone on this thread or the other one mentioned that the broken glass jar they dug up was pretty clean and shiny too. I thought the porcelain lid liner was pretty clean for being dug also. Every one that I have ever dug was packed with dirt.

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
In reference to the other string with the photo of the back to back J, that is the same double J that was shown on the show. The guy that made the post did not take that photo. I think he blamed it on a relative or something. That photo was taken at the site shown on the show. I know because I took that photo!

Why use coins dated after 1882, because he was trying to prove JJ didn't die then. Speculation and BS is what Pastore is really good at. Besides, if you're going to seed a hole you might as well use newer coins because they are cheaper to buy! :laughing7:

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
alec said:
In reference to the other string with the photo of the back to back J, that is the same double J that was shown on the show. The guy that made the post did not take that photo. I think he blamed it on a relative or something. That photo was taken at the site shown on the show. I know because I took that photo!

Why use coins dated after 1882, because he was trying to prove JJ didn't die then. Speculation and BS is what Pastore is really good at. Besides, if you're going to seed a hole you might as well use newer coins because they are cheaper to buy! :laughing7:

Did you detect the site? Was there any targets there when you hit it? A mason jar would be pretty hard to miss right at the base of that cliff. If you have been to that site and detected it, this is just more proof that the jar was planted.

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Yes, that cliff was checked several times with different detectors and we didn't miss anything. There is a small set of caves along that cliff face and the spot he "found" the coins and jar at was just to the south of the last cave entrance. The double J is at the other end of the caves and no where near where they made their "find". I will also say that these caves were formed by water trickling through the sandstone, water that still trickles out now so that the sand along that cliff face is almost always damp if not wet. This would add to the inconsistency of the silver coins being nice and clean, almost shiney when they came out of the ground.

One other thing, Pastore likes to grand stand and when he would think he found something in a hole he was always yelling and screaming and acting like he was the man with the plan. There was none of that when they "found" either of the two treasures on this show. He was very calm and cool, just like he expected it. And for a treasure hunter he couldn't work a detector to save his life. He didn't even own one and probably still doesn't to this day.

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
That "guy" is more than a little off. He has always wanted to be famous and said several times he would announce to the world when he found a treasure that it belonged to JJ just so he could be famous.

I can see carrying a gun, for snakes (both kinds) but the badges and matching jackets? That's Pastore trying to be "important". He likes to call himself an acheologist but he used to dig holes using a hand auger instead of a shovel. He wasn't worried about preserving anything. He also declared once that he had found a bone while digging a hole and screamed out loud "we have a body here" . It turned out to be a tree root!

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Alec,

I noticed that you have not posted since Feb. of '08. I am just curious as to why this subject brought you back to the forum after such a long absence? Obviously you have personal expierences with Ron Pastore, would you being willing to elaborate a little more on your past dealings with him? Sorry if I am being nosey but you have definitely got me curious.

Charlie

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Yes, I have been absent from this forum for awhile. I had been posting at Ancient Lost Treasures forum for a while.

I worked that very same site as on the show with Pastore several years ago. He contacted me wanting help interpreting the signs. I was only with the group (Pastore, two others and myself) for a couple of months. Even though he and the others camped out on the property I later found out they hadn't even talked to the land owner about being there. He told me a nieghbor told them the land owner probably wouldn't mind if they looked around. He took this as permission to do whatever he wanted.

Pastore would always ride with someone else and use somebody elses stuff because he never had any of his own and didn't bother trying to get any. In my opinion he liked to mooch off of anybody and everybody he could (and apparently still does). He would show up at the site at 10 a.m. drinking Jack Daniels and sit around while everyone else searched the area for carvings and markers. At lunch he would take a break from sitting on his ass and smoke some dope. That's when I decided he wasn't for me.

I consider him to be a very big detriment to any site and hunt beacuse of his drinking and smoking, his attitude and the way he does things in general.

I am only posting concerning this because I want to make sure that people don't fall for any of his BS and get sucked into letting him on their site thinking he can find treasure. He couldn't find his own ass with both hands. He's a user and I don't care for people like that. This show pissed me off and It's my opinion the treasures they "found" on the show were planted just for the show. Pastore would have ran around screaming like a little girl if he had uncovered a real treasure.

I think honest, hard working treasure hunters deserve a better reputation than Ron Pastore.

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I'm just curious what you guys what like to see.... I mean, you think it's planted, you think he's trying to " cash In ", you don't like what they wear.... So just how does a " professional " ( keep in mind it's a team of people ) look, act, and what's wrong with trying to make a living out of what we do ??? That does require one making money some way, some how ?? How does one do that if not through TV ??? Just curious, not looking for a argument, just curious.....

PLL

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Thank you SWR! :laughing7:

I'm not trying to argue either and I'm all for making money and if you can do it treasure hunting then more power to you! That's what I would like to be doing. For me this is about warning people. Trusting this guy with your information or site would be a very big mistake in my opinion.

Do you and your treasure hunting buddies wear matching jackets and have a name for your group? You have to know this guy to know what he is doing. He is all about the image. Just like a con man, you have to put on the right show to get the payday. Always leave them wanting more.

I do think the treasures were planted and common sense is on my side. I can't prove it and this is definitely my opinion but personally, I think it's a pretty good opinion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread