Jesse James Treasures: Do They Likely Still Exist?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1520030

I was able to copy this photo from that local newspaper article...I was not sure if it would let me or not. Anyway, I agree it sort of looks like "J J" but it does not look totally conclusive to my untrained eye. Carving your initials in stone is not easy to do and I would think that if I did 10 stones, all 10 would look a bit, if not a lot, different from each other. I don't think it would be like comparing handwriting samples. But, maybe Jessie really did carve this...who knows?

Bill

Looking closer in the shadow area to the right of the "J"'s it appears there are some other letters which are not being discussed in the article. Might just be cracks though, hard to tell.

Nothing but natural rocks. I see no carvings man-made.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I hear ya Bill...I wouldn't call the paper either! He made it pretty clear he didn't want any help searching, but I bet he's had a few unwelcome hunting guests! lol!

That's smart he is getting someone out there that knows about rock carvings...its almost impossible to tell for sure what is carved after the JJ's until you see it in person.

Have you seen any tree or rock markings like that around where you hunt? 18mi is not far at all away from you.

Thanks again for posting the pics...Those are really interesting!!

Have you heard any other stories or local lore about James-Youngers and Gang in Ky?

Kace

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Actually, until late last night I didn't know...Don't Assume Reb...I assumed You would research it. You asked me to bring you up to speed the other day after you said you would research it... which I gave you everything I knew then. So did Dog and mdog but you didn't want to be bothered with anything you couldn't just reference and report.

Reading what I found....That's WASTING YOUR TIME?? How do you figure that?

Tell me Reb...How much of Anything Valuable has been found related to Houk, Hauk, Haw, Jesse James lll? Your a big researcher of him...He and Dalton live and die paupers, Houk can't even stick around to pay for Dalton's funeral or tombstone, but in this Lee Haw Montana letter he's claiming that he'll inherit it in three months when Dalton dies. "Until I get out there from my hideout in Texas, here's a map". LMAO!

All this Fabulous Wealth Houk has?? Really? Why in all his letters he's trying to get money from people? Living in a room in Colorado with no water, plumbing or electricity...But he has maps to millions and billions in gold to SELL..Of course that's FAKE...It doesn't hurt you, sitting at your computer or reading an $8 book. You are not out hunting for anything. Think about the people who have believed it and got taken on a wild goose chase and lost money and time.

I Don't BUY Into Sensationalized Stories Without Researching Them...That's True.

I posted a picture of a crock I found hunting, that's Real...You didn't wanna talk about that or where and how it was found or what else was found...cause that's Real too.

You don't want to talk about Surveyors Stones and Markings... cause That's Real

You didn't want to talk about tools people in the field use...that's Real. Your outta here when reality talks, cause that's real and 'Off Topic' according to You.

So don't tell me I think everything is fake, I don't. And don't ever say I wasted anyone's time. Anyone who wants to can read Dogs link and what I found.

You were rude to Dog,Dit,SD, ECS and now Me.

So, I'll ask again for the 3rd time...What Houk/Dalton Maps Have Proven Real as in Anything Tangible Found? I'd love to be proven wrong about him. Here's Your Chance. :hello2:

Kace
Don't care about Houk/Hawk/"whoever". "RUDE"...? WHERE...? PROVE IT!

Last edited:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice, thank you Bill. :icon_thumright:

I found some very interesting information on Arthur McCoy on this link....

Arthur McCoy and the James Gang ? Deb Houdek Rule

-excerpt-

" During the war, McCoy was also connected with, and was a part of, a number of Confederate secret service/Order of American Knights–OAK–operations (OAK replaced the defunct Knights of the Golden Circle in 1863 and was General Price’s secret service organization in connection with numerous actions including several copperhead conspiracies). McCoy went in and out of St. Louis numerous times during the war, carrying thousands of letters in and out (a hanging offense under Federal martial law), and carrying back rifle caps. "

Hey Dit and Bill...I was looking at our favorite editor/writer of JJ and Co...JNE, and ran across this photo of Arthur McCoy in uniform...I thought I'd post it to put a face with his story. I'll put JNE's up too.

Kace

IMG_0942.PNG

'The Wild Irishman'....This guy is the definition of Brave and Crazy! I'd want him on my side! lol!

Last edited:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
John Newman Edwards...

IMG_0943.PNG . IMG_0943.PNG

Last edited:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
There really is quite a bit of information on McCoy from diverse sources available.

I've just started on his wife...The French/Montana connection could be very interesting...I'm wondering where that leads as well.

Thanks You Guys For Bringing Him Up!!

Kace

French Montana...I thought that sounded familiar! HA!

Last edited:

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
There really is quite a bit of information on McCoy from diverse sources available.

I've just started on his wife...The French/Montana connection could be very interesting...I'm wondering where that leads as well.

Kace

You might want to google secessionist flag berthold mansion McCoy. There might be some symbolism clues in the flag that she made.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
You might want to google secessionist flag berthold mansion McCoy. There might be some symbolism clues in the flag that she made.

I saw that on Pinterest I think it was...I haven't read about it yet. There's some good stuff online. I'm glad all of this came up!!

Thanks mdog

Kace

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011

Kace

I won't be researching her, but I would like to know what you find out about her French ancestry. Thanks.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I won't be researching her, but I would like to know what you find out about her French ancestry. Thanks.

Sure...I'll post it here mdog...I always like to see who folks in laws and kin are.

Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I wanted to share this with you guys...It probably should be on a KGC, Markings or Symbol thread but you guys have been very helpful to me and this is kinda my home base, so I wanted to show you first.

It's been passed down many generations in my family and finally to me about 30yrs ago along with other things that have been useful in explaining and understanding history. This isn't exclusive to my heritage, but according to letters and lore, this snuff box shape and the turtle were made to spec.

The turtle as is and in other forms were 'copied' to different media also.

Kace

IMG_0960.PNG

Last edited:

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
I wanted to share this with you guys...It probably should be on a KGC, Markings or Symbol thread but you guys have been very helpful to me and this is kinda my home base, so I wanted to show you first.

It's been passed down many generations in my family and finally to me about 30yrs ago along with other things that have been useful in explaining and understanding history. This isn't exclusive to my heritage, but according to letters and lore, this snuff box shape and the turtle were made to spec.

The turtle as is and in other forms were 'copied' to different media also.

Kace

View attachment 1520740

That's a nice looking heirloom. Can you share any information about it?

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Ok Kace, time to fess up. What better way to "prove" your bonifides than to offer some "snuff"? Having a turtle that has offset bumps at 10 o'clock as a final marker? So just where IS your KGC treasury?

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a nice looking heirloom. Can you share any information about it?

Thanks mdog...I'm not sure how much of my posts you've followed on this thread about my family and from a young age being shown and told things...a lot had to do with the civil war era, but before and after as well. I seem to be the only one of my generation who this happened to...anyway I was given several boxes that had letters, wills, journals, diaries among other personal things you would expect to be passed down. According to everything that I've been told and read my ggg-grandfather carried this with him.

Most memories I remembered, but some memories I had repressed...It had been awhile since I had gone out...in October of this year a man took me up on my offer to do a virtual hunt that consisted of me showing signs, markings and in some cases versions of this coffin like box with some portion of the turtle. He gave his opinions and I compared them to what I had found in the journals and this box. He was very good at explaining different meanings of what symbols or carvings could be. The body and feet are solid to the box...The head or tail isn't affixed, but the head is higher.

If you saw the crock pic I posted, I had found that before from a watch winder that was square nailed into a tree using a 4' probe. I wrote about it on the post.

Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok Kace, time to fess up. What better way to "prove" your bonifides than to offer some "snuff"? Having a turtle that has offset bumps at 10 o'clock as a final marker? So just where IS your KGC treasury?

Now Ug...You of all people know that I'm more of the legacy and community preparedness type. I haven't elevated to the super-mega vault treasury status level. lol!

You've Got A Great Eye!

Glad to see you back here, Neighbor!

Kace

Last edited:

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
The story would be so good. Gold etc. brought up the Osage to Osceola. Riverboats went there on a regular basis. The wollybogger country down there would be a good hiding place. After Lane burnt Osceola there was no love for the Union. Y know those people were clannish. Would make a good hiding spot.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
The story would be so good. Gold etc. brought up the Osage to Osceola. Riverboats went there on a regular basis. The wollybogger country down there would be a good hiding place. After Lane burnt Osceola there was no love for the Union. Y know those people were clannish. Would make a good hiding spot.

Everyone is Still Clannish!

Are you familiar with the 'road'. It originally was a wagon trail connecting Warsaw and Osceola?

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Berthold Mansion...Where Seccionist Flag Reportedly Sewn By Arthur McCoy's Wife Louisa Flew.

IMG_0987.PNG IMG_0987.PNG

Last edited:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
If Anyone Is Interested...PBS Is Doing a Show On The Ozarks and Its History. Started at 7pm Central.

I think it's CW Guesewell narrating this documentary. He Was An Amazing Man. Two Hour Show

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Kace, wish that was available to purchase. Very interesting. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread