I'll transport the image here.

CMI_V_m800682.jpeg

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the "ring" is laid flat to a table surface I'm wondering if the mystery piece at the other end rises up to create a small surface that something rested on, the arms perhaps helping to balance it. Sort of the "globe on the shoulder" type thing?

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
In My Humble Opinion, I think that although this may or may not be Christ inspired, which I doubt, I think it's simply a tool. Most likely, as Gatorboy says, a means to pick up a lid off a wood/coal burning stove. It simply doesn't appear to have any relationship to religion.

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
Although the statuette has the attachment for removing a lid from a wood stove, I think it is a bit too small for that. On a long shot... it may be applied to removing a lantern or whale oil vent cover. However, I do think it has religious symbolism, therefore, I believe it is an attachment to an urn; or perhaps, for removal of an urn lid so ashes could be dumped at sea.

OP
OP
R

ronen00a

Greenie
Jun 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Guys !
thank you all for the information and sorry for the delay ,
i wanted to go to his house and take picture of this myself , and to end the misunderstanding .
it appears there is NO writing on it , not for sure .
im very sorry again for the misleading .
there is what appears to be letters , cant realy figure .
the hands of the item also seems like they were holding somthing ,
i tried to take pictures the best i can ,
i also measured it for 20CM ,
if you need anything else from me ill be happy to do it .
IMG_4312.JPG IMG_4313.JPG IMG_4314.JPG IMG_4315.JPG IMG_4316.JPG IMG_4317.JPG IMG_4318.JPG IMG_4319.JPG IMG_4320.JPG IMG_4321.JPG IMG_4322.JPG IMG_4323.JPG IMG_4324.JPG IMG_4325.JPG

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another idea I've been kicking around is... that there may have been a semicircular piece attached at three points...the hands and the protrusion at the head. It looks pretty obvious now that those are attachment points.
That would explain the look of the hands holding something And what appears to me to be solder points.
If that is the case it could have served as a handle for a crucible.

Last edited:

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I don't know anything about it but I'd bet all the chips that whatever it is, it's some sort of representation of Jesus and not a coincidentally shaped weight.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread