Jewelry Hunting Tips

Hunter101

Feb 24, 2016
Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/Garrett Ace 350/Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like a collection of everyone's tips and tricks and locations for jewelry hunting. Here are my thoughts.

LOCATIONS:
1- probably the best location I think would be tot lots. Children and their show and tells or parents helping little children.

2- around basketball courts. These tab infested courts sometimes have cracks in the cement that produce a ton of jewelry or around the court.

TIPS AND TRICKS:
1- I think it's all about location. I like the ones I listed above but are there any other locations within those listed above that tend to produce?

2- solid signals. Dig ALL signals that stay within two or three numbers.

Any more? I'm interested in things people do or where they go.

cactusman

Nov 15, 2015
Western USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, AT Max, AT Pro, Ace 350, GTI-2500, Infinium LS, Scorpion Gold Stinger, Pro-Pointer AT, Fisher F75 LTD2, Gold Bug 2, F-Pulse, Whites 24K, TM-808, Schonstedt Maggie, Falcon MD 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always search for jewelry when I am doing general hunting. Why? For two main reasons, the first being jewelry is one of the more valuable things that are lost every day. Two, jewelry is one of the hardest things to find. By that principal, when you are searching for jewelry, you are by nature going to find pretty much all of the coins, tokens, and other larger, easier to find items.

Athletic fields are a great place to start (besides the beach), as people will wear and remove jewelry there. I've found several rings around them. Baseball fields, taking gloves on and off, batting, etc, those have netted me many a ring.

I've found rings with my AT Gold from 41 to as high as 82 and many in-between. One large gold wedding band came in just like an aluminum screw top. Here’s a jewelry finding tip with the AT Gold:

I use disc 1 iron (typically) at 35. You will lose too many rings on disc 2, as it's setup to knock out pull-tabs in that mode, so drop to disc one. Then check for a consistent target ID while scanning at a 90-degree angle -- if it's jumpy it is 99% likely to be trash. I’ve found pendants with all sorts of angles to them, yet they still had a consistent target ID when scanned at a 90-degree angle.

One find was real growly, but turned out to be a gold wrapped triangle-shaped geode pendant, (the target ID was steady at 50 though). Most of the time you can hear a ring by the sound; they don’t (usually) have that same whiny sound aluminum does. They sound more “solid” too. The exception are the old-style pull-tabs that were designed to be pulled off; those sound a lot like a smaller ring, and have a consistent target ID, or half of a newer pull-tab, so you will dig them; it’s part of finding the good stuff. Just remember; when you are finding those, the area most likely hasn’t been searched well for rings, so it’s not an entirely bad thing.

With experience you can minimize digging junk, but unless some incredible new breakthrough technology comes along digging trash is just part of metal detecting. I listen and look for consistency; digging trash is just part of the game, and actually, I'm glad, as if the good stuff truly stood out, anyone could come along and easily cherry-pick it up. In that respect trash is actually your friend. If you want the good stuff you have to dig the junk!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jewelry is found where hand are flailing like beaches, schools, tot lots, sports parks, sports fields, flower beds and in private yards. Sun tan lotion is a great lubricant and is great for facilitating ring losses. I dig all solid mid tones, If the VDI varies by 3 or more I usually don't dig it unless it's a slow day and I'm hunting in an area with few targets.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Forget "trying to be a hero" and digging in junky turf. Just go to Swim beaches if gold jewelry is your goal.

a) cool waters shrink fingers. And notice this is accomplished EVEN WITHOUT ACTUAL swimming. To merely wade in , even if only to knee deep. Because the human instinct is to splash the water with one's hands :)

b) People making sand castles, and thrusting their hands in and out of sand , provides the pulling motion.

c) suntan lotion makes for slippery fingers.

c) frolicking motions of swimming motions, and ball/frisbee throwing aid in loss of jewelry. People lying prone on beach blankets allow for necklaces to slip off.

d) and my favorite: People who take off jewelry for "safe-keeping" . They put it in their shoe, or hidden under a paper cup at the edge of their blanket, etc...

e) And let's be honest: Sand is easier to dig in :)

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The reason one should hunt for jewelry is simple. It's the only silver and gold being put in the ground today. Gold coin circulation stopped in 1933 and silver coin stopped in 1964. Jewelry however continues to be added to the 'ground bank' everyday. Additionally, jewelry wearing is more prolific in the last 30 years than in previous years. Turn down your discrimination and look for the gold.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I do great in finding jewelry, but I hunt tourist beaches full of drunk Europeans.

My normal rule of thumb, the more Germans the better. They have to always show off the most with how much they can drink run and their mouth, they are always right and never do anything wrong. But they leave behind all sorts of stuff.

So get you a Drunk German Detector, once you found them pull out your metal detector.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
why not just follow the rap industry amature beach vollyball circuit?

images (1).jpg ... images.jpg ...last years champ

driftless

Sep 21, 2015
SE MN
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000, F 70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I resemble that remark! Except that I don't wear jewelry, and I'm surrounded by stingy Norwegians who regularly eat smelly fish.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Young people + alchol + beaches and water= jewelry. When you see young people at the beach drinking and playing frisbee or throwing the football your gonna score. Beach volleyball areas are great. Spring break party spots always pay off. Go to the beach as soon after big weekends as possible. Overcast or rainy weekdays are best , you'll have the place to yourself. Search from chest deep water all the way to the sidewalk. Dig it all, a small earing buried deep is a faint signal. young males drinking and wrestling/horseing around = lost chains and rings. Women that swim pull there hair back and flip there hair and off comes the earing. Youll find more earings than anything. Rings will be second followed by anklets toe rings bracelets and necklaces.

heepiepow

Aug 27, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Aside from the other good tips, I'd add:

*Any high congregation area where people are using their hands a lot. Such as at a fairgrounds, where people might be moving their hands in and out of their pockets to pay for food or put tickets in/pull them out for rides, etc. Maybe in cold weather states, somewhere people might wait in line or go on work-breaks and repeatedly rub their hands to keep warm. More brushes like that = more chances a loose-fitting ring might fall off.

*Places that provide "cover" on the ground for anything dropped. You wouldn't expect to find jewelry on a hard dirt lot, because it wouldn't have time to sink down. Someone would've noticed it. Loose dirt and sand are great, anything dropped might sink in immediately afterwards! And keep on quickly sinking. On the other hand, very thick grass provides a lot of cover, yet would probably take a lot of years for jewelry to go down much due to all the tight roots and such. In that time even hasty or incompetent detectorists may've found such close big signals and cleaned that close-to-top layer off.

*Go to places where people who wear the most/highest-quality jewelry go! If there's a park in your town within a really expensive real estate area, it's more likely rich people will go there and wear some nice (real diamond vs. CZ, say) jewelry, than if you go to a broke-down park in a low-income area. Another example: Beaches at Malibu or Nantucket or other wealthy areas--more likely than beaches at a low-income New Orleans parish, or Detroit beaches. No offense to Louisianians or uh...Michiganers. Plus other than Malibu I don't know if any of those places actually have beaches, but that's the idea, even in one's own locality. And same idea--if there's a vacant lot or something that one can legally detect just next to an opera house or fancy restaurant, probably a better choice than a similar one outside a local crackhouse. I also don't mean any offense to poor people. Hell, I'm a poor person. Just being objective.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Even the low income beaches can produce wedding bands, watches, cell phones, bottle openers, pendants, match box cars, ear rings, bangles. Just don't expect to find a Rolex or a ring from Tiffany .

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Spots where people cliff dive, or otherwise jump from above down into water. 10 feet of water is plenty deep (and risky) for a 20' jump. The force of entry strips clothes off sometimes!

I seldom see it mentioned.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
By all means be a hero and dig in junky and trash filled turf to find jewelry.
I have for years and never regretted one second doing it, I don't dig all signals but only about 20% of the signals I come across that are more solid and I have found tons of silver and plenty of gold.
I don't have beaches near me and if I waited to get to one I would never go hunting so I just figured out ways to find jewelry in trashy parks and other sites and have done way better than just well.
Plenty of jewelry around those basketball and volleyball courts, sometimes, these are one type of site I actually might take my time and dig more trash because masking is such a problem and these are some of the the highest percentage sites for us jewelry hunters to search, but I don't kill myself, visit these many times before I consider them finished and like tot lots they tend to reload over time.
About a dozen gold targets and plenty of silver from around these things in my collection now...it was fun and productive to hunt them and I look for them in every park I visit.
Don't think that the courts only in the affluent sections of town hold great gold and silver jewelry either...this might sound logical but in reality it is not and this has been proven over and over by way more jewelry hunters than just myself.
People that don't have a lot of money sometimes make bad decisions about where they spend the money they have and good jewelry is an important status thing for all kinds of people all over the world.
I have found way more silver and especially gold jewelry in lower end more depressed areas of town around basketball courts than I ever have in the more affluent areas by far...and I have hunted plenty of both kinds.

Areas around picnic pavilions are also very trashy but again my silver and gold totals have been amazing at these sites.
Tons of tabs, can slaw, pop tops and other junk, I don't dig everything around these but do a lot more cherry picking on the more solid signals, sniper coils really help in trash filled sites like this to make things easier, the silver and gold I have found here made it more than worth it to wade into these things with a positive attitude.

My second favorite high percentage site to find jewelry is grassy areas near parking lots but especially in parking lots that have grass, pebble or chip filled islands dividing up the place.
Anywhere you find these can be good but I have found the ones in school parking lots, high schools, Jr. and regular colleges are especially target rich.
People walking over these things pull keys out of their pockets and lose jewelry, at schools students hang out on these things before, during and after school and lose a ton of jewelry for some reason.
I have found a couple dozen silver targets, rings, chains and pendants and yes even some gold rings hiding in these things among other targets like clad, tools and more.
Most don't think to hunt these things and it was just a lucky break when I discovered just how much these things might hold but once I did I target them wherever I find them and I have never been disappointed.
This hobby rewards out of the box thinking and at first for me this was exactly that but now these are one of my favorite sites to hunt…I call it beach hunting on land because of the surprising volume of jewelry I have found in them.

There can be jewelry around tennis courts but people are pigs and there are also tons of pop tops off of tennis ball cans around these things.
Not my favorite places to hunt but if you can determine how those high tone tops sound and behave you can avoid them efficiently for the most part and still find silver jewelry if it is there and there could be because lots of players take off their jewelry before they play...gold rings will come in lower of course so easy to find compared to silver if you can learn to pick them out from the tab, nickel and foil signals you might find.
So far all my gold has come in way more solid and way less jumpy than 80% of that kind of trash so I target those kind of signals and have found the good stuff without digging it all even around these courts.

Sidelines of soccer fields are great and I talk more about this below but football fields have been good to me too in the silver and gold areas especially in high schools and colleges if you allowed to hunt them in your town because this is not always the case.
If you are you might find younger students seem to have a problem holding onto their jewelry as I have.

A good site to hunt is soccer fields especially the sidelines.
There might be jewelry on the fields too, especially nearer to the goals, but I have been to parks where the people that take care of these don't like digging on the field during soccer season but the sidelines are open if you don't wreck the place.
I found a huge complex of these with several dozen full size fields when I lived in Kansas, the grounds keepers and head guy told me they kicked a guy out about a year ago because he was digging up the fields badly but I showed them how I only dig small holes and covered them up well and promised to stay off the fields and only on the sidelines so they said go for it.
In only about 7 visits before I moved away I found $70 in clad around the perimeters where people stand and sit to watch the games, about 1/2 dozen silver rings, some cool bracelets and other neat things.
This was digging just nickel, dime and quarter signals plus the more solid foil and lower zinc ones, there were so many zinc cent signals I just quit digging them because of time constraints but still dug the lower zinc signals because that is where large gold rings like class rings can come in.
No gold at this site but only because I just didn't have enough time to stick around and find it I am sure.
Some trash around sites like these but very manageable in my opinion.

Those trashy parks I love to hunt and spend most of my time...if people hang out,sit, picnic, throw balls or frisbees or just walk over areas you might find some jewelry and I have done just that and both silver and gold and sometimes found in the most out of the way places which might be considered lucky but I will embrace all luck I come across at any time.
I have had enough of those lucky finds to pay for several detectors I own.
I go into old parks looking for everything but especially old coins but in newer parks I have the mindset to find clad and hope a few jewelry items pop up which has happened for me way more times than to just be considered luck.
I believe this has to be more about learning to read sites and figure out where the most people hung out or traveled through to get to other parts of the parks.
Where the highest traffic patterns are the most junk will be but also the most good targets.
The better you get at this the more targets you will find that are good.

Don't let anyone ever tell you where you should or should not hunt.
Sure, the obvious places like beaches and in the water can be great and productive but there are plenty of places on land in the dirt that are too.
Looking at my collection of gold and silver jewelry proves it to me every time.

Last edited:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Great post digger. Awesome tips! I'm mostly a beach hunter but think I'll change it up using your suggestions.
Best of luck out there!

jeffrey1215

Jun 20, 2016
Portage county, OH
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
By all means be a hero and dig in junky and trash filled turf to find jewelry.
I have for years and never regretted one second doing it, I don't dig all signals but only about 20% of the signals I come across that are more solid and I have found tons of silver and plenty of gold.
I don't have beaches near me and if I waited to get to one I would never go hunting so I just figured out ways to find jewelry in trashy parks and other sites and have done way better than just well.
Plenty of jewelry around those basketball and volleyball courts, sometimes, these are one type of site I actually might take my time and dig more trash because masking is such a problem and these are some of the the highest percentage sites for us jewelry hunters to search, but I don't kill myself, visit these many times before I consider them finished and like tot lots they tend to reload over time.
About a dozen gold targets and plenty of silver from around these things in my collection now...it was fun and productive to hunt them and I look for them in every park I visit.
Don't think that the courts only in the affluent sections of town hold great gold and silver jewelry either...this might sound logical but in reality it is not and this has been proven over and over by way more jewelry hunters than just myself.
People that don't have a lot of money sometimes make bad decisions about where they spend the money they have and good jewelry is an important status thing for all kinds of people all over the world.
I have found way more silver and especially gold jewelry in lower end more depressed areas of town around basketball courts than I ever have in the more affluent areas by far...and I have hunted plenty of both kinds.

Areas around picnic pavilions are also very trashy but again my silver and gold totals have been amazing at these sites.
Tons of tabs, can slaw, pop tops and other junk, I don't dig everything around these but do a lot more cherry picking on the more solid signals, sniper coils really help in trash filled sites like this to make things easier, the silver and gold I have found here made it more than worth it to wade into these things with a positive attitude.

My second favorite high percentage site to find jewelry is grassy areas near parking lots but especially in parking lots that have grass, pebble or chip filled islands dividing up the place.
Anywhere you find these can be good but I have found the ones in school parking lots, high schools, Jr. and regular colleges are especially target rich.
People walking over these things pull keys out of their pockets and lose jewelry, at schools students hang out on these things before, during and after school and lose a ton of jewelry for some reason.
I have found a couple dozen silver targets, rings, chains and pendants and yes even some gold rings hiding in these things among other targets like clad, tools and more.
Most don't think to hunt these things and it was just a lucky break when I discovered just how much these things might hold but once I did I target them wherever I find them and I have never been disappointed.
This hobby rewards out of the box thinking and at first for me this was exactly that but now these are one of my favorite sites to hunt…I call it beach hunting on land because of the surprising volume of jewelry I have found in them.

There can be jewelry around tennis courts but people are pigs and there are also tons of pop tops off of tennis ball cans around these things.
Not my favorite places to hunt but if you can determine how those high tone tops sound and behave you can avoid them efficiently for the most part and still find silver jewelry if it is there and there could be because lots of players take off their jewelry before they play...gold rings will come in lower of course so easy to find compared to silver if you can learn to pick them out from the tab, nickel and foil signals you might find.
So far all my gold has come in way more solid and way less jumpy than 80% of that kind of trash so I target those kind of signals and have found the good stuff without digging it all even around these courts.

Sidelines of soccer fields are great and I talk more about this below but football fields have been good to me too in the silver and gold areas especially in high schools and colleges if you allowed to hunt them in your town because this is not always the case.
If you are you might find younger students seem to have a problem holding onto their jewelry as I have.

A good site to hunt is soccer fields especially the sidelines.
There might be jewelry on the fields too, especially nearer to the goals, but I have been to parks where the people that take care of these don't like digging on the field during soccer season but the sidelines are open if you don't wreck the place.
I found a huge complex of these with several dozen full size fields when I lived in Kansas, the grounds keepers and head guy told me they kicked a guy out about a year ago because he was digging up the fields badly but I showed them how I only dig small holes and covered them up well and promised to stay off the fields and only on the sidelines so they said go for it.
In only about 7 visits before I moved away I found $70 in clad around the perimeters where people stand and sit to watch the games, about 1/2 dozen silver rings, some cool bracelets and other neat things.
This was digging just nickel, dime and quarter signals plus the more solid foil and lower zinc ones, there were so many zinc cent signals I just quit digging them because of time constraints but still dug the lower zinc signals because that is where large gold rings like class rings can come in.
No gold at this site but only because I just didn't have enough time to stick around and find it I am sure.
Some trash around sites like these but very manageable in my opinion.

Those trashy parks I love to hunt and spend most of my time...if people hang out,sit, picnic, throw balls or frisbees or just walk over areas you might find some jewelry and I have done just that and both silver and gold and sometimes found in the most out of the way places which might be considered lucky but I will embrace all luck I come across at any time.
I have had enough of those lucky finds to pay for several detectors I own.
I go into old parks looking for everything but especially old coins but in newer parks I have the mindset to find clad and hope a few jewelry items pop up which has happened for me way more times than to just be considered luck.
I believe this has to be more about learning to read sites and figure out where the most people hung out or traveled through to get to other parts of the parks.
Where the highest traffic patterns are the most junk will be but also the most good targets.
The better you get at this the more targets you will find that are good.

Don't let anyone ever tell you where you should or should not hunt.
Sure, the obvious places like beaches and in the water can be great and productive but there are plenty of places on land in the dirt that are too.
Looking at my collection of gold and silver jewelry proves it to me every time.

thanks for sharing your tips.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
....Areas around picnic pavilions are also very trashy ....

.... at a fairgrounds, where people might be moving their hands in and out of their pockets to pay for food or.....

heepiepow and digger27: You know that ... by definition, when people go to eat and drink (ie.: picnic), is the instant recipe for the introduction of aluminum. Right ? Ie.: foils that wrapped the food products, and tabs and cans for the drinks (subsequently turned to can slaw by mowers).

So while it may be true that gold jewelry lurks in amongst such spots, but ..... doesn't the ratio, at some point, get to where it's dismal hunt conditions ? Even with rejecting certain tones or TID's (where you will certainly miss some gold items btw doing that).

There was an old park, in a blighted neighborhood, in San Francisco, scraped in 2006, to prepare for artificial turf installation. For the first few days, it was "Christmas come early" for silver coins. As they'd uniformly scraped off 6 or 8" to prepare. But by about the 3rd and 4th days, the tractors folded back in the loose fluffy shallow soil back into the lows, as they prepared to get their correct grade or whatever. So by the 3rd and 4th day, there lacked any rhyme or reason to depth versus age.

But not a problem: Since it was all just jumbled soil, we could still treat it with "relic-mindset" and dig-all. Since digging was easy. So for the next 2 weeks I kept EVERY SINGLE ITEM I dug. When it was all over, I did indeed have 8 or 10 gold items. A few rings, a few charms, a watch back, etc.... But when I went to compare that to the # of junk items that filled a 5 gallon pail to half full, it came to well over 1000 aluminum items .

Hence it would simply have been inconceivable to have gone to a turfed park like this, had it not been for the scrape, to think it was worth angling for gold. Perhaps for some upscale park, with turf slated for sports. But when it comes to picnics (especially BBQ pit areas which introduce molten nuggets), it still seems like a person's time is better spent elsewhere, if gold jewelry is the agenda.

OP
OP
H

Hunter101

Feb 24, 2016
Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/Garrett Ace 350/Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
heepiepow and digger27: You know that ... by definition, when people go to eat and drink (ie.: picnic), is the instant recipe for the introduction of aluminum. Right ? Ie.: foils that wrapped the food products, and tabs and cans for the drinks (subsequently turned to can slaw by mowers).

So while it may be true that gold jewelry lurks in amongst such spots, but ..... doesn't the ratio, at some point, get to where it's dismal hunt conditions ? Even with rejecting certain tones or TID's (where you will certainly miss some gold items btw doing that).

There was an old park, in a blighted neighborhood, in San Francisco, scraped in 2006, to prepare for artificial turf installation. For the first few days, it was "Christmas come early" for silver coins. As they'd uniformly scraped off 6 or 8" to prepare. But by about the 3rd and 4th days, the tractors folded back in the loose fluffy shallow soil back into the lows, as they prepared to get their correct grade or whatever. So by the 3rd and 4th day, there lacked any rhyme or reason to depth versus age.

But not a problem: Since it was all just jumbled soil, we could still treat it with "relic-mindset" and dig-all. Since digging was easy. So for the next 2 weeks I kept EVERY SINGLE ITEM I dug. When it was all over, I did indeed have 8 or 10 gold items. A few rings, a few charms, a watch back, etc.... But when I went to compare that to the # of junk items that filled a 5 gallon pail to half full, it came to well over 1000 aluminum items .

Hence it would simply have been inconceivable to have gone to a turfed park like this, had it not been for the scrape, to think it was worth angling for gold. Perhaps for some upscale park, with turf slated for sports. But when it comes to picnics (especially BBQ pit areas which introduce molten nuggets), it still seems like a person's time is better spent elsewhere, if gold jewelry is the agenda.

I see where you are coming from. All week for my silver streak, pieces have been by pathways people consistently run on and they aren't even close to pavilions.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011

You just don't get it, do you?
There are no dismal hunting conditions for me, no site that I have ever hunted that I would consider not worthy, none that I have ever visited that I could not enjoy myself and have fun and sometimes even find gold.
Whether I do or not that fun factor is still there, the challenge of picking through trash to find the good stuff is enjoyable for me and no I don't dig it all to find it...far from it.
I have very few lakes or rivers near me and I enjoy hunting parks more, even trashy ones which is evident this is something you don't have the patience, knowledge or mindset to understand.
Mike Hillis tried to explain this to you as have many others, even he gave up trying because it is a lost cause.
You have been spreading this garbage for years, using all those numbers and percentages to try to prove your ridiculous point and opinion which is very laughable to me.
Your way to enjoy this hobby is your way but not my way, seems pretty simple to me.
If I took your advice I would have one small gold ring in my collection, instead by ignoring you I have three dozen mostly found in some very trashy sites.
Not one regret for one second spent anywhere I have hunted whether I have found gold or not, this is just the way I enjoy this hobby as do many others.
Spend time hunting only sites you deem worthy using your percentage rules...a joke, a big joke and the jokes on you.
It is clearly evident you have a big problem dealing with or even spending one minute at any site with lots of aluminum and trash, I don't and never will.
Use all the numbers, percentages, spreadsheets, computer crunched numbers you want because you will never see how ignorant and short sighted you sound and come across to many of us in this hobby.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
good post digger27.

So the recipe for the finding-more- gold (especially for newbies wondering how to find more) is simply: "Dig all the low tones, foil, tabs, etc.... " Period. End of story.

To speak of "location" as the better factor in the recipe is: Ignorant, short-sighted, spreading garbage, lacking patience , lacking correct mindset, ridiculous, and laughable. Ok, got it :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread