digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you will prolly get a shipment email real quick.Garrett is getting huge worldwide right now,they can barely keep up.Kco gets stuff real fast tho usually

rex

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they backordered the garrett pinpointer i bought last year. it took about 2 weeks to come, but i ordered it about a month before i could use it so it did'nt bother me.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ordered the 5x8 DD coil for AT Pro, back ordered 3-26-13 ..............nothing yet

Last edited:

benjamingunn

Greenie
Mar 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Order ace 250 Tuesday night left kellyco Wednesday on the fffffffeeeeeeeedddddddeeeeeeexxxxxxxxxXxxxxxx truck. Checked in to perrysburg at 5pm today so should be here tomorrow. Must be beginners luck.

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ordered a V3i, in stock, about 3 weeks ago on a Thursday.
I called them 4 days later, and it still had not shipped. They said 'The warehouse was backed up from a busy weekend'.
ONE WEEK LATER, it still had not shipped. I called them to cancel it, because I was told it 'would ship the next day, initially, and felt lied too.
They sent it out that day, FedEx, and I got it 2 days later.
I am not sure if they are backordered thru the manufacturer or something else, like backed up at their warehouse/shipping, or just too busy for them to handle. KellyCo is the biggest in the world you know.
I worked as the National Shipping Supervisor for the largest monitoring/security system company in the world before. It is very easy to get backed up, and in fact I was hired to 'straighten the place out' after they got weeks to months behind and were losing accounts and missing urgent security shipments. It's a good problem to have, in a way... 'too busy to handle'....LOL.

hawkeye1

Apr 6, 2013
north west ga
Yeap just order my frist metal detector ( bounty hunter quick draw ll ) on 4-4-13 ( im ready to hunt now ) but it too is on back order. (Great) Now i hav to hurry up and wait for it. Not goin to wait for more then a week or im goin somewere else.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a problem when I ordered my first F2 about 3 years ago. They said it was in stock, they took my paypal payment. Next day I get an e-mail saying the F2 was on backorder. Took 5 days to get my refund back to paypal account. I wouldn't even consider Kellyco, unless I was real desperate and didn't mind waiting forever...

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had and have, now a back order, and they have never charged my Pay Pal or bank, until the order is filled, and ready to ship

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had and have, now a back order, and they have never charged my Pay Pal or bank, until the order is filled, and ready to ship
Well lucky you! Maybe there is a newer policy in place, but I WAS billed and my paypal money was held up for 5 days. Why would you still order from a place that always seems to be backordered? There are plenty of smaller, struggling dealers who care, that could really use the business.

hawkeye1

Apr 6, 2013
north west ga
They already took the money from our debit card. I would have to wait till they put the money back on my card before i order from someone else. The only thing i like about kellyco is they offer such great deals. But if u cant get it, its not worth anything is it. Lol

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They already took the money from our debit card. I would have to wait till they put the money back on my card before i order from someone else. The only thing i like about kellyco is they offer such great deals. But if u cant get it, its not worth anything is it. Lol
Thank you! This is EXACTLY what happened to me. I feel for you. Ive bought 4 detectors online, 3 of them were from different places. No problems at all except with KC.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well lucky you! Maybe there is a newer policy in place, but I WAS billed and my paypal money was held up for 5 days. Why would you still order from a place that always seems to be backordered? There are plenty of smaller, struggling dealers who care, that could really use the business.

Kinda sarcastic, arnt we? I was just stating my experience with them ???

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had basically the same experience you all have had with them. I ordered a coil from them and in two days I found that the order status said shipped. Over a month later and multiple calls and emails that were replied with different reasons why my coil wasnt in my hands. They are happy to sell you product they dont have.... and are happy to sell it to you without you knowing it to begin with. Kellyco could easily put back order status on their site but they dont. Its rather deceptive. They lost my business.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep same problem here reds has been on order sience 2/23/2013, Last email I sent they responded that They are Still waiting for the Shipment my ATPRO Was on backorder also The said 2 to 3 weeks Out and It Shipped 5 days Later so i belive that they ship as soon as they Get it In

thank you for your recent order with Kellyco. Unfortunately, the Camo Digger's Pouch is currently on backorder. It has been ordered and we are expecting a shipment soon. We will process and ship your order as soon as it becomes available.
Thank you,
Andrea Crittend
Customer Service Rep
Kellyco Metal Detectors
acrittend@[email protected]
1-888-535-5926 Ext. 148

grayfiller.gif

1085 Belle Avenue
Winter Springs, FL 32708
888-535-5926
Bill To

Vancouver WA 98663
Ship To

Vancouver WA 98663

Sales Order
Date
3/22/2013
Order #
SO1174670
Customer Name
C301099073
Payment Method
VISA
Sales Rep
Shipping Method
USPS Priority Mail®
Estimated Ship Date
3/25/2013
Tracking #
Order Condition

B.O.
Item
Qty
Unit
Description
Options
Rate
Amount
Camo Digger's Pouch by Garrett
EA
Camo Digger's Pouch by Garrett
Subtotal
Shipping Cost (USPS Priority Mail®)
Total
$19.21

Last edited:

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kinda sarcastic, arnt we? I was just stating my experience with them ???
I apologize, no sarcasm intended. I have just heard so many horror stories about the service and delivery at KC, and I think it's unfair to take someone's money and hold them up from there purchase and therefore their detecting fun, just because KCo couldn't updated their website to simply say 'back-ordered' on the products that indeed are. I have a screen printing company, and I know how important it is to get the orders done and delivered in a timely manner. I was a bit over zealous, I must admit.

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
KELLYCO = KELLYSLOW

I just wonder if the 'backorder' status from KellyCo is just an excuse to push the blame from them to the manufacturer (?)

When you say 'backorder' you think 'the dealer is trying to fill my order, but the manufacturer is to blame and can't meet the dealer's order'

After seeing all the 'random item/detectors backorders' listed here, and from what I am told, it seems like KellyCo is using the 'it is on backorder' excuse as a way to shift the blame from themselves to the manufacturers (?)

I just spent $1700 at KellyCo last month and can personally vindicate this... so I am not just stiring the kettle....

In other words "don't blame us, it's their fault we can't ship it"

I have patronized KellyCo for many years now but seen this 'excuse' more and more over time...

It's too bad you can't put slash marks beside the KellyCo salesman/saleswoman's name who used the word 'backorder' on their website. You know, the nice pics of them on the site in the squares?

I just wonder if the manufacturers such as Garrett, White's, Fisher, Tesoro, Minelab either #1 ignore it because KellyCo is the 'biggest player' in the game, and they don't want to upset the giant... or #2 they just don't know because they are not paying attention. If they DO know... they might realize that what one person says... me... is what 100 people are thinking...

go figure....

markincypress

Apr 6, 2012
cypress texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX3030, Tesoro Tejon and Sand Shark, Fisher F75-ltd, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a friend who owns a metal detecting shop (he is also one of the supporting sponsors on this site) and from talking with him have learned that several of the manufacturers are having a hard time keeping up with demand. The smaller guys (like his shop) can tell you over the phone if they in fact have something in stock and ready to ship.

OP
OP
digging440yrs

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SAME HERE, MAYBE THERE STOCK IS TO SMALL OR NON EXISTENT--LARGE COMPANY SHOULD AT LEAST HAVE POUCHES READY TO SHIP AT ALL TIMES.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KELLYCO = KELLYSLOW

I just wonder if the 'backorder' status from KellyCo is just an excuse to push the blame from them to the manufacturer (?)

When you say 'backorder' you think 'the dealer is trying to fill my order, but the manufacturer is to blame and can't meet the dealer's order'

After seeing all the 'random item/detectors backorders' listed here, and from what I am told, it seems like KellyCo is using the 'it is on backorder' excuse as a way to shift the blame from themselves to the manufacturers (?)

I just spent $1700 at KellyCo last month and can personally vindicate this... so I am not just stiring the kettle....

In other words "don't blame us, it's their fault we can't ship it"

I have patronized KellyCo for many years now but seen this 'excuse' more and more over time...

It's too bad you can't put slash marks beside the KellyCo salesman/saleswoman's name who used the word 'backorder' on their website. You know, the nice pics of them on the site in the squares?

I just wonder if the manufacturers such as Garrett, White's, Fisher, Tesoro, Minelab either #1 ignore it because KellyCo is the 'biggest player' in the game, and they don't want to upset the giant... or #2 they just don't know because they are not paying attention. If they DO know... they might realize that what one person says... me... is what 100 people are thinking...

go figure....

Viddy, you are wrong, as example I know one day Kellyco got close to 800 AT Pros in on an order from Garrett which was not quite enough to cover existing orders, problem is they had ordered almost 1500 the rest were back order on them by Garrett... You want to blame someone, blame all the shows about treasure hunting on TV........ The number of orders coming in at KellyCo have far surpassed their Christmas numbers and no sign yet of letting up.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread