Hoss KGC

May 30, 2003
USA
alec said:
I also don't think showing photos of markers and carvings proves the existence of a KGC depository/vault. It may prove the existence of a treasure (at least at one time) but there is no proof of who it belongs to.

Exactly my point. No point in trying to prove anything to people who have their eyes closed and won't accept that they could be wrong.

okietreasurehunter

Oct 12, 2004
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
TF 900, Schonstedt, Whites, Garrett, GPR, etc.
I can quote KGC sources all day long and none other than what originated with Houk talk of KGC mega caches. Of course I don't believe what Howk says. He was nothing more than a conman. Boattow do you believe what Houk said? If you would, please enlighten me on a source for KGC mega caches before Howk made up his grand stories.

I also have to ask what source am I supposed to quote from? I'm the one saying that KGC mega caches don't exist and if I can't find anyone talking of them prior to Houk how am I supposed to quote a source? Shouldn't it be the ones who believe in KGC mega caches quoting their sources? Yet out of all of those who claim such things exist none have stepped forward with any verified source other than Houk. It's always a secret source, or I can't make it public kinda thing. Like Alec asked what harm would it do to list a source? Is it from a newspaper, government files, old diary, unpublished documents, or the inside cover of great great great Grandpa Smiths Bible?

If any feathers are getting ruffled I would think it's the ones who have to prove the mega caches are real that are having the hard time of it. I'm not the one making the claims. You're the one who made the claim that pictures we post on my blog are KGC, yet you haven't worked the sites. It's easy for us to prove they are nothing more than what we state they are.

You are placing the burden of proof on our shoulders when it's not our burden to bear. It belongs to the one making these wild claims.

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
garrett, minelab, tesoro, whites
Exactly my point. No point in trying to prove anything to people who have their eyes closed and won't accept that they could be wrong.

Are you kidding me?? I've already said I was wrong. I was wrong about the depositories ever existing! ;D

Now we get back into opinions and a place where you won't admit you may be wrong. You had said earlier that you could be 100% sure that the KGC depositories existed and I couldn't be 100% sure that they didn't. You're basing your 100% positive proof that they do exist on your interpretation of symbols and markers in the field. I can do the same thing to show the signs and markers as something else and have but that doesn't seem to be good enough for you because they don't agree with what you think.

That brings us back to you getting perturbed about people coming on the forums and other places and talking about the KGC "myths", and they are myths. You don't like it but you can't prove otherwise and that makes you exactly like me or anybody else. Until you find documented proof that even one depository exists you can't be 100% certain they do because there just isn't any proof out there, none, nada, zilch. You're talking about your opinion and not undeniable fact.

Everybody has an opinion and at this point mine is as good as yours because we both could show the same proof of two different things, all based on our own interpretations of the symbols/markers.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: (WASSAIL!) ;D "Google" BURIED TREASURES - ORDER OF AMERICAN KNIGHTS 554,000 "hits"; BURIED TREASURE SYMBOLS - ORDER OF AMERICAN KNIGHTS 46,900 "hits". :wink: :read2: :coffee2:

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Same old rehashed information, nothing new or real.

Hoss KGC

May 30, 2003
USA
alec said:
You don't like it but you can't prove otherwise and that makes you exactly like me or anybody else.
No, not quite. You can't prove that KGC vaults don't exist. I can prove they do exist. I choose not to.
Hoss

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Well "Hoss", :laughing7:

You have been arguing for years all over the internet that the depositories do exist and you don't like it when the naysayers like myself say they don't but instead of ponying up some proof you choose to continue the same argument over and over again, never proving their existence. Do you just like to argue?? :laughing9:

Hoss KGC

May 30, 2003
USA
Interesting what our perceptions are. I never thought of myself as arguing all over the internet for years. In fact I see myself until recently as mostly a lurker. I just decided to get on here and ruffle some feathers. I have to admit I'm enjoying it :laughing7:
Take care,
Hoss
(this is for you SWR, I've never been given a nickname before) :thumbsup:

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
You are the same boattow (hoss) that was on the ALT forum aren't you? You had the same argument or debate if you want to call it that over there also. I believe you posted on the forum that you didn't agree with my interpretations of different symbols and markers that I was calling outlaw on the blog. http://okietreasurehunter.blogspot.com/

You haven't ruffled my feathers. I enjoy a good debate as much as the next guy. YOu just can't seem to win one though. :laughing7:

Hoss KGC

May 30, 2003
USA
alec said:
I believe you posted on the forum that you didn't agree with my interpretations of different symbols and markers that I was calling outlaw on the blog.

I really don't recall ever commenting on your blog. Show me if I'm wrong.

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Since Whyte has changed the forum I wouldn't even know where to go look for it at. I'm pretty sure that you posted somewhere, maybe even a comment on the blog itself, that you didn't agree with the way I interpreted the symbols I posted. I'm pretty sure it was on the ALT forum though. You seem to think the outlaw symbols I see are in actuallity KGC symbols.

Walker Colt

Oct 19, 2009
Texas
Still haven't got an answer......Are there any gov records, newspaper accounts, speeches or anything from that time period that mentions the KGC or OAK/SOL existing after may 1865?

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Not that I know of. You can check the Congressional records but they don't have anything in them about the KGC other than what happened during the Civil War.

If you are serious about your researching you can sign up for a subscription to newspaperarchive.com (or get a buddy to who will let you use his password :thumbsup: ). There are lots of articles about the KGC to be found there but again, nothing after the Civil War that I have found. You can also check the New York Times archives on line for free. Still, nothing that I have found after the Civil War about the KGC.

The Sons of Liberty have several mentions after the Civil War and there are some on OAK but none of them mention any treasure.

Hoss KGC

May 30, 2003
USA
Alec,
This is where your perception that I've been "arguing all over the internet for years" is quite skewed. I never commented on your blog until only days ago on this forum. I've never commented on your blog or symbol deciphering on another forum or on your blog. Feel free to prove me wrong cause my memory isn't what it used to be but I'm pretty darn sure I'm correct.
Hoss

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Walker Colt, check out gldhntr's earlier topic about the old lawyer's diary on this page. It's dated 1866.
~Texas Jay

Walker Colt said:
Still haven't got an answer......Are there any gov records, newspaper accounts, speeches or anything from that time period that mentions the KGC or OAK/SOL existing after may 1865?

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Well boattow I can't seem to find the post where you talked about my interpretations. Maybe you're right, maybe I've got you confused with somebody else.

I did find this from 2008 though.

Not sure I'm understanding the connection... #4 [-]

(02/09/08 7:26 PM)
So let me get this straight. Two guys apparently claim to be James'. They claimed to have some connection with the KGC. You do research that would seem to expose these 2 as flakes. And now the whole KGC story is a lie as well? I think I'll stick to my own research which is quite different from yours.
Boattow

You weren't talking about my interpretations but that was your answer to me in regards to a post about the KGC. I apologize if I was wrong about you posting on my interpretations. I still think you did though. ;D

Hoss KGC

May 30, 2003
USA
SWR said:
You still believe Brewers book the bees knees when it comes to the KGC...or have ya grown out of it yet?

SWR, I think your memory is as foggy as Alec's. I am pretty sure you have me mixed up with Texas Jay as he has praised the book on many occasions. I am pretty sure I never posted anything positive about Brewer's book. I think it is entertaining. I think there is a nugget here and there of valid information. It doesn't come anywhere close to equipping somone to find KGC treasure.

As for the Houk book. I've never really formed an opinion on it. However, coincidence or not, I used some information from it in part in finding 2 KGC sites. As Alec stated on the forums many years ago before he went to the dark side... You get nuggets of information here and there to form your own opinions. The vast majority of mine comes from the field.
Hoss

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
The dark side!!

Attachments

• 7.gif
    7.gif
    24.4 KB · Views: 430

Top Member Reactions