senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
L.C. and Others. stevesno second to the last paragraph is very telling. I did some research in to the CCC as part of a history of the state park system in our area for a friend that had to give a talk on them. These were strong young men caught up in the grips of the Great Depression. They were mostly local boys that earned money most of which was sent home but was a training ground for the Army that Roosevelt knew would be needed in the future. It would not be out of place for someone from another state to be on the enrollment. It was not unusual to have boys form Tennessee or Arkansas in with the Texas or Oklahoma camps. They were even sent as far north as Iowa and Nebraska. Makes one wonder. The CCC was part of the original NRA ( National Recovery Act ) which was deemed illegal by the Supreme Court. I was one of the only parts of the NRA that was retained. In 2008 at the height of the financial crisis it was proposed to be reimplemented. It was one of the only parts of the New Deal that was Highly successful. More so than the WPA and the other Alphabet programs of the time. It would not be out of reason that O.A.K. would have sent young men Over 21 to the field to preserve and protect what they had inherited. Not only that but but each camp had local men that would help with the work. These were old time Backwoodsmen that knew the local area. Dollars to donuts that in certain camps these local men were K.G.C. sentinels. Something to put in your pipe and smoke for a while.

Not Peralta I did a search on several different search engines. It appears the Robert " Hillbilly Bob " Brewer is very much alive. He would be in his late 60's and as is bunch of us old Geezers. We just aren't ready to go horizontal feet first yet.

Senior Deacon

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
L.C. and Others. stevesno second to the last paragraph is very telling. I did some research in to the CCC as part of a history of the state park system in our area for a friend that had to give a talk on them. These were strong young men caught up in the grips of the Great Depression. They were mostly local boys that earned money most of which was sent home but was a training ground for the Army that Roosevelt knew would be needed in the future. It would not be out of place for someone from another state to be on the enrollment. It was not unusual to have boys form Tennessee or Arkansas in with the Texas or Oklahoma camps. They were even sent as far north as Iowa and Nebraska. Makes one wonder. The CCC was part of the original NRA ( National Recovery Act ) which was deemed illegal by the Supreme Court. I was one of the only parts of the NRA that was retained. In 2008 at the height of the financial crisis it was proposed to be reimplemented. It was one of the only parts of the New Deal that was Highly successful. More so than the WPA and the other Alphabet programs of the time. It would not be out of reason that O.A.K. would have sent young men Over 21 to the field to preserve and protect what they had inherited. Not only that but but each camp had local men that would help with the work. These were old time Backwoodsmen that knew the local area. Dollars to donuts that in certain camps these local men were K.G.C. sentinels. Something to put in your pipe and smoke for a while.

Not Peralta I did a search on several different search engines. It appears the Robert " Hillbilly Bob " Brewer is very much alive. He would be in his late 60's and as is bunch of us old Geezers. We just aren't ready to go horizontal feet first yet.

Senior Deacon

"HORIZONTAL FEET...?!!! BB is a Vietnam Vet & WILL survive his blindness with wife's, (Linda) help. AND! THIS old geezer is gonna be cremated; have screws & metal strip in my Rt. ankle (rebuilt ankle... BAD fall on Black Ice). Told wife to make "me" a RATTLE! RATTLE ON!:hello2: :headbang:

Last edited:

fronjm05

May 8, 2013
Alta California
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2<br />
Fisher Gemini III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Hillbilly bob is still alive. But he has several issues . I believe his main one right now is his eye sight is getting very bad. Have never spoke with him but was emailing one of his associates a bit. Bob use to post on these and other forums, but got sick of the arguing and naysayers.

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I can't say as I blame him for not wanting to argue with a naysayer....but to debate intelligently with others that have a different set of facts or good speculation is how the truth will ultimately reveal itself. Personally, I think that arguing over different opinions is a futile endeavor with no purpose but to stroke ones own ego. Ironically it is human nature for alpha males who happen to be the BEST HUNTERS to do just that very thing. :laughing7::laughing7: I think we all just need to agree to disagree more often and move on to the next information brought to our attention. I would like to invite Bob Brewer to speak on any of my threads or to let me know how to contact him. I for one would be interested to hear what the man had to say even if he just passed some gas!:occasion14:
Just my two cents as always, L.C. Baker

I can be reached at:

[email protected]

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfQmu41fBmwIC-3rGAwvwaA

treasurenet.com

or write me at

L.C. Baker
P.O. Box 187
Riverton Iowa 51650

Last edited:

fronjm05

May 8, 2013
Alta California
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2<br />
Fisher Gemini III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here here! :occasion14: I agree LC. I believe another reason that HBB does not chat with people much anymore, is because he has been taken advantage of several times. (not that you would do that). From what I have read he is a pro - and is probably better off on his own anyways :)

I jotted your email down as well, I may have a few things to bounce off of you one day.

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Knights of the Golden Circle After the Civil War

I thought I would try and get this thread back on track because it is a good one to discuss. What can be said about Jubal Early and the Lost Cause Movement that he promoted after the war. When the Army of Northern Virginia surrendered on April 9, 1865, Early escaped to Texas by horseback, where he hoped to find a Confederate force still holding out. He proceeded to Mexico, and from there, sailed to Cuba and Canada. Early was an outspoken believer in white supremacy and despised the abolitionists. Together with former General P.G.T. Beauregard, Early was involved with the Louisiana Lottery a real money maker for those that run it as we all know. Do you think the K.G.C. helped him pull the strings to get that Louisiana lottery started so they could get the wealth flowing to the roots of the O.A.K. with K.G.C. funded investments and political power moves?

L.C.

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
L.C. Living right on the Texas / Louisiana boarder and having worked and dealt in Louisiana I can say that He needed to be part of the Good Old Boys Club to do any serious business in Louisiana. Jubal Early with his background was let into the club right fast. Don't think that is even a question, knowing what I know. It would be fun to have a membership List of the Pickwick Club from New Orleans 1866 or 1867 and see how many familiar name were on it. The list of political intrigue in Louisiana is legendary. Think the King Fish Huey P. Long, David Duke, Edwin Edwards,Clay Shaw,and Mary Landrieu and the "Louisiana Purchase" and that is just in the last 80 years. New Orleans and Louisiana has been a long time power base for the famous and the infamous. Anytime that you have big money this time think the port of New Orleans ,shipping, Gas and Oil, Sulphur, and Salt you will have a cast of Characters and a base of power.

Senior Deacon

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I thought I would try and get this thread back on track because it is a good one to discuss. What can be said about Jubal Early and the Lost Cause Movement that he promoted after the war. When the Army of Northern Virginia surrendered on April 9, 1865, Early escaped to Texas by horseback, where he hoped to find a Confederate force still holding out. He proceeded to Mexico, and from there, sailed to Cuba and Canada. Early was an outspoken believer in white supremacy and despised the abolitionists. Together with former General P.G.T. Beauregard, Early was involved with the Louisiana Lottery a real money maker for those that run it as we all know. Do you think the K.G.C. helped him pull the strings to get that Louisiana lottery started so they could get the wealth flowing to the roots of the O.A.K. with K.G.C. funded investments and political power moves?

L.C.

MAYBE! Gen. Jubal Early NEVER surrendered; "retired" to Lynchburg, Va. post-Confederate War, where OTHER Rebels lived (and the surrounding area, like Bedford County, Va. (Gen. TT Munford); home of Thom. Jefferson's Poplar Forest... @ 5-6 miles WEST of here). He had a LAW practice, could read Vattel's LAW of NATIONS, provided by Maj. EF Hutter (CSA); EF's brother, Maj. Ferdinand C. Hutter (CSA) was the author of the BEALE PAPERS... released in 1885. It is around here, SOMEWHERE! Confederate Treasure Coverup BTW, after the WAR, FC Hutter was working for Capt. Rives (CSA) in the City of Lynchburg Internal Revenue Service (FC was former PAYMASTER for CSA), and would have known of "sudden wealth"...

Last edited:

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
C.S.A. Captain Logan Enyart made a "B" line for Nebraska City just as soon as he was released from San dusky bay where he was held as a P.O.W. at Johnson's Island. He did pass through Davies county Missouri on his way, to pick up his wife at a neighbors house because all that he had owned had been confiscated by the Union. Logan was wounded four times and missing his left eye, yet he had no trouble getting a wagon and Oxen for a quick trip to retrieve some FREIGHT? possibly from Atlanta when he had been there during the fall of the city during the siege. He was also at Dalton's retreat. Within just a few years he was setting on the board of several banks and rolling in the dough. He would eventually have a few oil wells also! He was always there for Jesse James when he came to Nebraska City. Recon Jesse was making some deposits in ol' Logan's Banks?:laughing7:

L.C.

Last edited:

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Well if S.F. Nuckolls, John P. Boulware and Logan Enyart were all bankers in Nebraska City.....lets just say it wouldn't be very hard to launder a stolen federal payroll if you were a K.G.C. member.:thumbsup:

L.C.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Well if S.F. Nuckolls, John P. Boulware and Logan Enyart were all bankers in Nebraska City.....lets just say it wouldn't be very hard to launder a stolen federal payroll if you were a K.G.C. member.:thumbsup:

L.C.

Very TRUE! OR! ANY payroll...

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At that time in history of the banks there were very few regulations. Would have been very easy to scrub clean any money that was the least bit tainted. Not only that but who better than to hide anything than someone that had a ten to fifteen year head start on everyone else. Like a bunch of ex CSA with K.G.C. Ties. And Think of Enyart's freight business with the government, What is one more box of junk in amongst the government's freight.

Senior Deacon

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
On July 21, 1873, the James Younger gang carried out its first train robbery, derailing a locomotive of the Rock Island Railroad near Adair, Iowa. Engineer John Rafferty died in the crash. The outlaws took $2,337 (equivalent to $38,000 in 2014) from the express safe in the baggage car, having narrowly missed a transcontinental express (O.A.K. owned and operated and insured no doubt!)shipment of a large amount of cash. Did they miss that train because of a train delay issue or because they were just unlucky? At any rate the story is told that they retreated with the stolen cash to Civil Bend and stopped at a school house to divide up the cash. They were jumped by a posse and left in a heated gun fight but they headed south and got away clean. They left behind a saddle and some side arms and money bands off the cash. My question is, did they go to Civil Bend because they were on their way to cross the Missouri River on John P. Boulware's ferry and make a quick deposit at Nebraska City where the K.G.C. had a strong hold and Jesse and the gang were welcomed like heroes? I wonder if the old Freemason Lodge records in Nebraska City would show Jesse in attendance there?

adair map.jpg

L.C.

Last edited:

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
From what I find available for research, about 90% of the time when a large share holding organization is headed and board members are selected, it is almost certain that the family members of previous large shareholders assume the highest seats. Sometimes they owned the most shares but chose to be VICE president so they would remain in the shadow of a puppet. The mighty O.A,K. was planted by the K.G.C.. Forefathers of the elite (INNER CIRCLE?) top seated wealthy O.A.K. members were the largest share holders in the K.G.C. investments of their day. Those K.G.C. investments became O.A.K. monopolies, and by the time Jesse James needed information on what train to rob or where payrolls were heading, all he had to do was come to Nebraska City to find out. All you have to do is trace the roots of the O.A.K. to see that this is true. These O.A.K. Monopolies were the reason that the Federal Trades Commission was invented. They would argue the cases in 1912 and other cases including teletype and telegraph monopolies that sparked the creation of the federal Communications commission.

https://bulk.resource.org/courts.gov/c/US/224/224.US.383.386.html

Some suspicions of true ownership become noticed....

Rock Island Magazine - Google Books

Think about it, L.C. Baker:thumbsup:

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
At that time in history of the banks there were very few regulations. Would have been very easy to scrub clean any money that was the least bit tainted. Not only that but who better than to hide anything than someone that had a ten to fifteen year head start on everyone else. Like a bunch of ex CSA with K.G.C. Ties. And Think of Enyart's freight business with the government, What is one more box of junk in amongst the government's freight.

Senior Deacon

There was an account of a panic and rush on the Platte Valley Bank in Nebraska City (S.F. Nuckolls Owner) It took place before the panic of 1852. There was a shipment of nuts and bolts for the hardware that arrived at Nebraska City on the second day when people were in a crowd outside the bank and they were uneasy and aggravated that they were not allowed to come inside of the bank. J.S. Morton himself showed up by buggy and picked several large men from the crowd who were all told that a large shipment of gold had just arrived by steamship and they were needed to go carry it back to the bank. They were led to the steamship where they retrieved several large crates of nuts and bolts and hardware from the ship and were under the impression that it was gold they were unloading! They carried it all to the bank and locked it safely in the vault. The men all settled the crowd and they dispersed after hearing how heavy the crates were...all believing it was gold. Morton, Boulware and Nuckolls were crafty like that. Three pees in a pod.

L.C.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread