senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
L.C. Not only that but all were owners of the Nebraska City Town Company. And all were freemasons as of the rolls of Western Star lodge #2 1858 . At the time it was the second largest lodge in the state of Nebraska. They were at that time laying the foundation for all things to come. Look at John P. Boulware's father and his history. Interesting!!!!!!

Senior Deacon

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
L.C. Not only that but all were owners of the Nebraska City Town Company. And all were freemasons as of the rolls of Western Star lodge #2 1858 . At the time it was the second largest lodge in the state of Nebraska. They were at that time laying the foundation for all things to come. Look at John P. Boulware's father and his history. Interesting!!!!!!

Senior Deacon

He was called Col. Boulware although we have yet to find a military record for him. He was running that ferry operation from 1846 on. It was given to him after it was payed for by the U.S. Government and he was selected by them to operate it. By the time S.F. Nuckolls and J.S. Morton were on the scene in 1854, Boulware had been collecting toll for crossing the Missouri for 8 years and was quite a wealthy man.

L.C.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
He was called Col. Boulware although we have yet to find a military record for him. He was running that ferry operation from 1846 on. It was given to him after it was payed for by the U.S. Government and he was selected by them to operate it. By the time S.F. Nuckolls and J.S. Morton were on the scene in 1854, Boulware had been collecting toll for crossing the Missouri for 8 years and was quite a wealthy man.

L.C.

Col. ? Like Col. Saunders of KFC; ALSO... KGC (Kinky Girls Club of Kentucky...).

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
By 1867 when Nebraska finally became a state, it comprised only a little more than a fifth of the area it had occupied in 1854. In February 1866 when Congress was preoccupied with the complex issues of "Reconstruction" The territorial assembly of Nebraska made a resolution and constitution which restricted voting to WHITE adult males. One only has to see who sat on the "Territorial Assembly" to see why that happened in a place that was supposed to be anti-slavery as the history books tend to claim. I have even read that Nebraska had a strong anti-slavery stance from the start of the Civil War. That is a bare faced lie and it is total Bull:censored:!!!
If the K.G.C. was headed up in the South, then why by 1864 had Louisiana, Tennessee, and Arkansas established fully functioning Unionist governments and Nebraska wouldn't accomplish that until 1867?????
I will tell you why...It was because they refused to take the phrase "OF WHITE MEN FOR WHITE MEN" out of the constitution. Now I ask you, where were the Knights of the Golden Circle operating after the Civil War? They moved to the other 4/5 of Nebraska they lost and fought for control of every crumb of it, and when they realized they couldn't openly have white supremacy, they infiltrated the legal system that governed each forthcoming state. Remember where the K.G.C.'s headquarters moved to, and remember when they moved there. Now look at the Nebraska City boys A.A. Bradford, H.P. Benet, and S.F. Nuckolls and the affects they took on those upcoming state legislators and forthcoming laws, regulations, and land holdings and you will see the hand of the Knights of the Golden Circle in action after the Civil War.

L.C.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

meynard

Jan 28, 2011
Does anyone have information concerning Masons/KGC in Jefferson co. VA/WV? Looking for connections in mining/ railroad business after civil war. This area was rife with confederate cavalry operations during the war. Mosby competed in 'Ring' tournaments at Shenandoah Springs, a resort there popular with the Whig party elite before the war. 'Knights' competed on horseback for bragging rights.

Mosby once absconded one of his officers for showing favor to a Union prisoner who was a Masonic brother. Yet before the war is over, he is inducted into the brotherhood in Martinsburg WV

Too many connections between too many people, please help!!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Does anyone have information concerning Masons/KGC in Jefferson co. VA/WV? Looking for connections in mining/ railroad business after civil war. This area was rife with confederate cavalry operations during the war. Mosby competed in 'Ring' tournaments at Shenandoah Springs, a resort there popular with the Whig party elite before the war. 'Knights' competed on horseback for bragging rights.

Mosby once absconded one of his officers for showing favor to a Union prisoner who was a Masonic brother. Yet before the war is over, he is inducted into the brotherhood in Martinsburg WV

Too many connections between too many people, please help!!

"m"... Jefferson County is in WEST Virginia; NONE in Virginia. Yes, Mosby was a Brother, as were MANY of his officers/troopers. Pick ONE question, & focus on such; MAYBE, we can help.

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
After the Civil War it took Nebraska two years to become a state because they would not remove the "OF WHITE MEN FOR WHITE MEN" from their constitution. It is said that Nebraska never had enough slaves in the territory to have a slave problem therefore Gov. Black vetoed the antislavery proposition. It turns out that he would also fall out with J.S. Morton upon being discovered as part of a fraudulent election that Morton won for the Governor's seat. Black recanted and although Morton won the election he never got to be sworn in and lost to another candidate. Black was scorned by Morton who went as far as demanding money that was loaned to Black who fled the state and died in the first battle he fought in for the Union Army in his home state.
He moved to Nebraska and in 1857 was appointed United States Judge of the Nebraska Territory by President James Buchannon. He was appointed Governor of the Nebraska Territory in 1859. His most controversial action as governor was to veto on January 9, 1860, the Act to Prohibit Slavery. He was accused of being a pro-South Democrat, but Black claimed he believed the wording of the bill was unconstitutional. The territorial legislature overrode the veto, and slavery was outlawed in Nebraska. When Republican Abraham Lincoln was elected President, Democrat Sam Black resigned. There is no evidence of specific pressure exerted on him to resign, but territorial governorships were a hallmark of the patronage system of the era, and Black was part of the system. He resigned in February (before Lincoln took office), but seems to have stayed in Nebraska until June, 1861, when Black returned home to Pittsburgh.
I believe there was more pressure exerted on him when he turned his back on the K.G.C. and revoked J.S. Morton's governorship than when he vetoed the anti- slavery act.

L.C.

The history books say: In 1860 Morton was the Democratic nominee for Delegate to Congress but was not seated because of a post-election controversy over voting irregularities. I guess fraudulently receiving votes was a bit harsh to say out loud!

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
"m"... Jefferson County is in WEST Virginia; NONE in Virginia. Yes, Mosby was a Brother, as were MANY of his officers/troopers. Pick ONE question, & focus on such; MAYBE, we can help.

"Google" Civil War Markers in Jefferson County, WV... some folks think these markers indicate "Sites of KGC interest"... ALSO, the BEALE TREASURE... "JEFFERSON"!

Last edited:

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
"The bee predominates the millionaire."
"Break the rules not owners"
"Put all of your eggs in one basket, and then watch that basket."

Andrew Carnegie

arbor lodge meeting (1).jpg

Andrew Carnigie.jpg

Last edited:

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
The Territory of Utah was an organized incorporated territory of the United States that existed from September 9, 1850, until January 4, 1896, when the final extent of the territory was admitted to the Union as the State of Utah.

The territory was organized by an Organic Act of Congress in 1850, on the same day that the State of California was admitted to the Union and the New Mexico Territory was added for the southern portion of the new Mexican land. The creation of the territory was part of the Compromise of 1850 that sought to preserve the balance of power between slave and free states.

In contrast, the Nevada Territory, although more sparsely populated, was admitted to the Union in 1864, only three years after its formation, largely as a consequence of the Union's desire to consolidate its hold on the silver mines in the territory.

Stephen Friel Nuckolls served in the Nebraska Territorial Legislature in 1859. S.F. When the Civil War broke out he was in a dispute with the Federal Government for not upholding the "Bloodhound Laws" and giving him his escaped slaves back. His attempt to retrieve them caused a riot in Chicago and they were going to kill Nuckolls for trying to take the escaped slaves (teenage negro girls) he had tracked there. The Nuckolls case was every bit as big as the Dred Scott case but went away with the outbreak of the Civil War. It was in all of the newspapers and the turmoil had reached the white house. President James Buchanan was taking the heat for trying to support Nuckolls to the extent that they made excuses for his pro-slavery opinions that reached the press. Nuckolls moved to the Territory of Colorado in 1860 where he continued to manipulate the Government in favor of the K.G.C./O.A.K. during the formation of the local government with his counterparts A.A. Bradford and Hiram Pitt Benet. There he and his "Brothers of Lasting Faith" engaged in banking and mining. In 1864 he moved to New York City and took with him gathered funds from Southern Rights Activist in Colorado to support the Southern Cause(Kill Lincoln?). It was at that time he engaged in the K.G.C.'s attempt to defraud the Mexican Government and use the U.S. Government as their strong arm to get the Mexicans to pay for the La Abra Silver Mining Comany a case that would carry on into the 1890's. He moved to the Territory of Dakota in 1867 and settled in Cheyenne. In Cheyeyenne he engaged in mercantile pursuits and other secret operations he was involved in from afar. Upon the organization of the Territory of Wyoming he was elected as a Democrat to the Forty-first Congress and served from December 6, 1869, to March 3, 1871. Once again the K.G.C. manipulated the U.S. Government in the formation of Laws and regulations and anything else that paved the way for the desired K.G.C. / O.A.K. effect. He was an unsuccessful candidate for reelection in 1870 to the Forty-second Congress. Nuckolls served as a member of the second legislative council of Wyoming in 1871 and served as presiding officer. He served as delegate to the Democratic National Conventions in 1872 and 1876. He moved to Salt Lake City, Utah, in July 1872 and engaged in milling. In Salt Lake City he died on February 14, 1879. He was interred in Mount Olivet Cemetery in an unmarked grave with no monument. Why would a man of this caliber be buried in an unmarked grave? So all of you Utah treasure hunters out there be on the look out for any of his old mines!

L.C. Baker

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Friel_Nuckolls

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiram_Pitt_Bennet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_Alexander_Bradford

Last edited:

UpstateCacheHunter

Nov 21, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre with a Garrett pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all. Very interested in all things K.G.C. Just wondering if there are any good documentaries on them out there? I recently viewed the only one I could find on YouTube about the assassination of president Lincoln. I wish i lived closer to kgc country, but upstate NY is def not a kgc stronghold lol. Also, do you think there are still any caches to be discovered?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Hello all. Very interested in all things K.G.C. Just wondering if there are any good documentaries on them out there? I recently viewed the only one I could find on YouTube about the assassination of president Lincoln. I wish i lived closer to kgc country, but upstate NY is def not a kgc stronghold lol. Also, do you think there are still any caches to be discovered?

The GOOD news for YOU in NY... NYC was HQ for KGC 3rd Degree; composed of 5-7 WEALTHY OLD MEN (Yankees), who became OAK (Order of American Knights)... remember 357 (KGC). Later known as ROBBER BARONS, "hard-core" KGC "activists" (REBELS from the SOUTH, ORIGINAL KGC) were anti-OAK. The FEDS were "after" BOTH, post Confederate War... LOL!
Caches...? DOUBT IT... dunno. To MY knowledge, only OAK had the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

Last edited:

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
The GOOD news for YOU in NY... NYC was HQ for KGC 3rd Degree; composed of 5-7 WEALTHY OLD MEN (Yankees), who became OAK (Order of American Knights)... remember 357 (KGC). Later known as ROBBER BARONS, "hard-core" KGC "activists" (REBELS from the SOUTH, ORIGINAL KGC) were anti-OAK. The FEDS were "after" BOTH, post Confederate War... LOL!
Caches...? DOUBT IT... dunno. To MY knowledge, only OAK had the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

Let's not forget S.F. Nuckolls and his group of investors who remained in the dark for 150 years. The whole La Abra Silver Mine scheme was cooked up there in 1865 with fake forged signatures and paper work by corrupt lawyers and investors. It was at this same time the plan to burn New York City was coming together and Lincoln's assassin squad was in and out of the city and at several members residence in New Jersey as well. The multi million dollar cotton scheme was well in the works with Jefferson Davis at the helm. It was a last ditch effort to finance the Rebel Army and sell the C.S.A. cotton to the North without having to take the pledge of allegiance. New York was crawling with K.G.C., Copperheads, and many spies.

L.C.

UpstateCacheHunter

Nov 21, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's not forget S.F. Nuckolls and his group of investors who remained in the dark for 150 years. The whole La Abra Silver Mine scheme was cooked up there in 1865 with fake forged signatures and paper work by corrupt lawyers and investors. It was at this same time the plan to burn New York City was coming together and Lincoln's assassin squad was in and out of the city and at several members residence in New Jersey as well. The multi million dollar cotton scheme was well in the works with Jefferson Davis at the helm. It was a last ditch effort to finance the Rebel Army and sell the C.S.A. cotton to the North without having to take the pledge of allegiance. New York was crawling with K.G.C., Copperheads, and many spies.

L.C.

Wow! Thank you for this. I never knew of the kgc until I caught a weird tv show on the history channel called 'decoded'. I became interested immediately. Although the show didn't do a very good job portraying the KGC, I became intrigued by their secret codes, symbols, and their ability to hide in plain sight. I was surprised after signing up for this site and seeing all the great info from you, rebel, and others, that not much about them is available on YouTube. I prefer reading anyway, but was hopeful a documentary might find its way on there.

I know the KGC were up in Canada, so I can't help but hope maybe they made a trip or two through upstate ny or lake Ontario. I have an uncle that lives in the heart of civil war Virginia..I hope to visit him this winter and locate a few tree carvings. Very excited to dive into all this info on these threads. Thank you for your knowledge, research, and time.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

L.C.

YEP!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Wow! Thank you for this. I never knew of the kgc until I caught a weird tv show on the history channel called 'decoded'. I became interested immediately. Although the show didn't do a very good job portraying the KGC, I became intrigued by their secret codes, symbols, and their ability to hide in plain sight. I was surprised after signing up for this site and seeing all the great info from you, rebel, and others, that not much about them is available on YouTube. I prefer reading anyway, but was hopeful a documentary might find its way on there.

I know the KGC were up in Canada, so I can't help but hope maybe they made a trip or two through upstate ny or lake Ontario. I have an uncle that lives in the heart of civil war Virginia..I hope to visit him this winter and locate a few tree carvings. Very excited to dive into all this info on these threads. Thank you for your knowledge, research, and time.

Where in Virginia...? I AM in Virginia, South-side; born & raised in the Shenandoah Valley...

UpstateCacheHunter

Nov 21, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where in Virginia...? I AM in Virginia, South-side; born & raised in the Shenandoah Valley...

Right by Williamsburg. I'm trying to arrange a two week stay, he owns a property with some nice acreage. Hoping to research and find some KGC carvings, and doing some serious metal detecting. It would make my year to find any confederate relic.

I wish I grew up in all that history. I'm from the finger lakes in new York. A lot of Indian history right where I reside. I'm about a mile from the largest Seneca Indian settlement in the state. 1670 beaver wars, and the French Indian war, and the destroying of two nearby towns by Sullivan in the 1790's.

Got my first detector for christmas, cant wait to learn the machine and detect all these places.

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Right by Williamsburg. I'm trying to arrange a two week stay, he owns a property with some nice acreage. Hoping to research and find some KGC carvings, and doing some serious metal detecting. It would make my year to find any confederate relic.

I wish I grew up in all that history. I'm from the finger lakes in new York. A lot of Indian history right where I reside. I'm about a mile from the largest Seneca Indian settlement in the state. 1670 beaver wars, and the French Indian war, and the destroying of two nearby towns by Sullivan in the 1790's.

Got my first detector for christmas, cant wait to learn the machine and detect all these places.

If I were you I would start in the archives and find the settlements and then start getting permission if any place of interest is on private property. You will be surprised how many property owners have no idea what was on their land 150 years ago. Your knowledge of their properties past will help you negotiate permission to hunt. Most of them are happy to see what you can find and eager to split the booty.

L.C.:thumbsup:

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
The underground railroad had a stop in your area as well. Where the abolitionist were strong so loomed the K.G.C. and their politically placed brethren to back them up.
"We find him standing at times almost alone amid the storms of angry passions and blind prejudice and championing the causes of: Anti-Slavery, Anti-Saloon, Woman Suffrage, World Peace, Consolidation of Christian Religions, Free Trade, Abolition of Secret Societies from Politics, etc."

Madison County Historical Pilgrimage, August 8, 1930

it shouldn't take you long to find a place of interest.:thumbsup:

L.C.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

BIG old battle between Rebs & Yanks along James River, south of Richmond... north of Williamsburg; Battle of THE CRATER... near Hopewell; check it out... NO MD'ing IN THE PARK; check park boundaries, if you can, for CAMP-SITES!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions