OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
research on the LRP has told me that the accessory coil data is fairly vague. The problem is in most cases they do not list the connector type, just the coil size and type. The LRP needs coils with the slip on type of connector. It would be great if Bounty hunter would make a chart listing the greek and other coils that are compatible other than just the Bounty hunter coils. conversion plugs/cables have been made but I could not find where they are offered as an accessory.
That is part of the problem bowwinkles. Nobody mass produces that adapter. Only seen them home made or small batch produced....10 at a time or whatever. I'm about to build my own once I buy a NEL or Cors screw on.

Any Greek Frat Bros coil will work from Teknetics....as will F5...F19...Gold Bug Pro....G2...if you have the adapter.

Some of the older F5 coils are push in like the 5in DD....which is a great coil from what I understand. Teknetics also makes a push 5dd....same coil different sticker I think.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
research on the LRP has told me that the accessory coil data is fairly vague. The problem is in most cases they do not list the connector type, just the coil size and type. The LRP needs coils with the slip on type of connector. It would be great if Bounty hunter would make a chart listing the greek and other coils that are compatible other than just the Bounty hunter coils. conversion plugs/cables have been made but I could not find where they are offered as an accessory.

Craig at showmetreasure.com was making the screw on to plug in connectors. Other wise, for NEL and CORS you have to directly order them from their online site. List price and $25 shipping from overseas.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was beginning to think that Bounty hunter had been taking lessons from Whites when it comes to coils. Detector data but very little coil data.

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So continuing with coil talk here...I did some 5in DD research.

There are three 5in DD versions that will fit with push-in connectors...I think...do not mark me as 100%. The First Texas and Teknetics ones appear to have the same name...so perhaps technically just two versions.

The Teknetics and First Texas 5COIL-TEKB (I think the "B" is the push-in version...the regular 5COIL-TEK is the screw on)

The Fisher F5 coil...5COIL-F5 The screw-on version is 5COIL-F5F (note it ends with F5F...not just F5 like the push)

All 3 are the same price $135.15...same everything other than SKU/Model #. Identical from what I understand and from what I see.

I just ordered this one from Dennis at Metaldetectors.com...gave me a good deal with free shipping. Very nice guy.

Fisher 5" DD Search Coil w/ Push-In Connector (F5) | Search Coils | MetalDetectors.com

As far as other TNET vendors...

Here is the link to the Kellyco one....
Fisher 5 DD Search Coil with Push-In Connector (F5) for Sale- Kellyco

And to the Fort Bedford one....
Fisher 5" DD coil

Last edited:

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be watching to see your results with that 5 inch. Thanks for the effort.

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My pleasure and thanks for watching...I love testing this stuff. Figure nothing I do is scientific or groundbreaking...but perhaps helpful to somebody. It's to the point I am so addicted to MDing, testing, and filming that I will probably need help to stop. :censored:

EDIT: Already received my tracking info and it is on the FedEx truck and will be here Tuesday....not bad for free shipping from Florida.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will be watching to see your results with that 5 inch. Thanks for the effort.

Yeah, me too. I'm leaning towards that 4" concentric for $89. Craig says it gets a quarter at 9" on a Eurotek. I'll believe that when I see it.

And HunterGT better make a video of the 5" DD performance. I know where he lives.:laughing9:

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't see it on his Ebay page anymore. I thought about getting it but figured I would try something new. Having one on the SS2 was enough.

Want to say the 7.8khz 4in Ultra for the was off a Cabelas model...and not sold by First Texas otherwise. :dontknow: Not sure if he plans on selling anymore of them or what....

In my air tests...the 4in coil on the SS2 was 6 inches on a quarter in AM mode...so perhaps the Eurotek can squeeze 3 inches more? IDK...I'm skeptical as well. Definitely not happening in dirt...or my dirt anyways.

I will have the video up within 48 hours of it being here! If it hits that 4inch dime and passes Montes NBT...I'm never taking it off....

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everything I have read says that the 5 inch is a good match for the LRP also the F5 10 inch with slip connector. I have been looking at the standard BH 9 inch.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So realistically, what is the deepest good target y'all have dug with the LRP??

When I say "good" of course that's a subjective term. I'm not talking about a flattened soda can a foot deep. In general I'm thinking say; a silver coin, old copper, medium to small piece of gold or silver jewelry, etc. I'm on the verge of an upgrade and I'm leaning hard toward a higher end Teknetics but the LRP does have me very curious. I just don't want to get one if it won't do what I need it to do.

My deepest good targets with the Delta with the stock, 8" coil were an 1807 LC at at least 9, maybe 10 inches and a 10K Class ring at about the same depth in fairly moist, but not muddy soil. The 10K ring was a faint, bouncy signal but it was enough to convince me to dig. That LC was loud and clear and yes, it was lying perfectly flat.

Bottom line, will the LRP see those type of targets at those depths consistently??

The reason I ask is because I'm looking for something that hits deeper if I intend to spend the money. I have some sites that I feel still hold a few deep targets I'm not seeing and another 1-2" can make all the difference.

I don't necessarily need more bells and whistles except maybe a manual ground balance. My goal is simply better and consistent functionality. I've been thinking about slapping a DD coil on the Delta to see if anything pops but if I'm gonna' start laying out more cash I figure I might as well just go for the upgrade.

Anyone care to enlighten me on this topic??

Last edited:

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even really great expensive detectors have a bad time with tough soil. If you evaluate the area of use, you can better evaluate the tool to better accomplish the job. The LRP just does it well for a hell of a lot less expense.

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

When I say "good" of course that's a subjective term. I'm not talking about a flattened soda can a foot deep. In general I'm thinking say; a silver coin, old copper, medium to small piece of gold or silver jewelry, etc. I'm on the verge of an upgrade and I'm leaning hard toward a higher end Teknetics but the LRP does have me very curious. I just don't want to get one if it won't do what I need it to do.

My deepest good targets with the Delta with the stock, 8" coil were an 1807 LC at at least 9, maybe 10 inches and a 10K Class ring at about the same depth in fairly moist, but not muddy soil. The 10K ring was a faint, bouncy signal but it was enough to convince me to dig. That LC was loud and clear and yes, it was lying perfectly flat.

Bottom line, will the LRP see those type of targets at those depths consistently??

The reason I ask is because I'm looking for something that hits deeper if I intend to spend the money. I have some sites that I feel still hold a few deep targets I'm not seeing and another 1-2" can make all the difference.

I don't necessarily need more bells and whistles except maybe a manual ground balance. My goal is simply better and consistent functionality. I've been thinking about slapping a DD coil on the Delta to see if anything pops but if I'm gonna' start laying out more cash I figure I might as well just go for the upgrade.

The LRP will find anything the Delta can...as it can be ground balanced and is the better of the two. However, in bad soil as stated above...it is not a depth monster.

Here in my section of Colorado...I have terrible iron and lead content in my soil...plus tons of other minerals. It makes my LRP go nuts in AM mode. So depth for me is like 4 inches on a dime and 6-7 on a quarter. I am perfectly ok with that as my soil is rock hard and coins have nowhere to sink. Almost all my find are less than 6 inches...even at some 100+ year old relic sites.

If you have better soil (most places are better than here) you can look at another 1-2 inches. I would say 10 inches on a quarter is the LRPs theoretical max.

My deepest target in my crap soil....a half dollar sized washer at about 9 inches. I figure somebody could have hit it at 10-11 in better soil.

For me personally...if I had a Delta and depth was my concern...I would not upgrade to a LRP. I would go for a higher upgrade. Something like a T2/Omega/G2. Just my opinion.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This morning I recovered gold locket (rang in very loud at 76) at aprox the 8 inch depth. In my soil 8 inches is easy for a clad dime.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's just the kind of answer I was looking for. Thanks.

I'm looking at a G2, T2 or Omega and really leaning toward the G2 at the moment. They're all great machines but the G2 seems to be getting really close to what I'm looking for based on what I'm learning. We'll see. I'm not jumping the gun but I definitely intend to do something in the near future.

Just thought I'd throw the question out there on the LRP to see what people are actually digging and at what depths. It still looks like a great machine for the money regardless.
Thanks again.

Last edited:

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I could get Disc 4 to look like Disc A so I could get the GB and have tones without the VCO.

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I could get Disc 4 to look like Disc A so I could get the GB and have tones without the VCO.

I would like to see a V-break type feature where you could adjust the width of each tone and place them where you wanted on the 0-99 scale. That would be sweet.

But I like what the LRP gives us stock...a fair trade for the price and what it does.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As far as depth, I don't know..........yet. I have dug coins at the 8" mark for sure. But I have had silver hits that the PP depth gauge said was 10+ inches and after digging the length of my Lesche (more than 10") I gave up. Could have been a can, but the field definitely goes deep.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

If I was going to push my pocket book beyond $500 for a good deep detector, it would be either the Omega 8500, or the Makro Racer 2. But for under $500, it's hard to beat the LRP.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions