Land Ranger Pro Review - Part 1...

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Function has not changed, Just the price, which should not effect the reviews other than it being highly noted that its function more than matches many of the higher priced competitors. Bringing the trade name up parallel with the so called "big boys" saying that just maybe the name Bounty Hunter is definitely a competitor that now has gained proper acknowledgment.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's the old supply vs demand that raises the price. The demand must have increased, so the price has climbed. I pulled the trigger on mine back in October when the prices were low. I see one on c-_-_-list in Delaware where he is asking $375, but you get headphones, pin pointer and carrying bag.

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well early results are in with the 5 inch DD push coil from the F5.....5COIL-F5

It is fantastic on air tests...blows away the Gold Bug and it's 5in DD on silver and clad.

Going to go do Montes test then hit the back yard to see soil depth on my silver dime and quarter.

I'll have numbers up in a few hours....and maybe the video up by tonight. :headbang:

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Air tests are all in the 7-9 inch range. I have not had as much time as I thought to make a video or post....but am working hard at it. Soldering...testing...videoing. Whew.....

Quarter at 7.5 in Disc mode....8.5 to 9 in AM

Dime at 6.5 in Disc mode....7.5 in AM

Really likes zinc...same as quarter. Nickels not so much...same as dimes.

ID is spot on...no change from the 11DD....nickels still a bit bouncy.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did a few hours with the 10" elliptical and found no noticeable difference in depth but a significant difference in good solid lock on targets. The stock coil seemed to be over to much area and I would get those little single bleeps that would not repeat on the return swing. This new coil took most of those signals away. Sensitivity would not change those bleeps. I remember when I went to the 5X8 on my ATP I got a similar improvement. Now I have to find a 5" for $20 with shipping and I will be very happy. Going back to the stock coil and covering the same area resulted in no additional digs, so I am satisfied that it sees everything below it as with the stock coil.

PaJim

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Land Ranger Pro
Whites coinmaster

Garret AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got my LRP in the mail yesterday. Had a few hours to play with it in the yard while my kids were playing today. I hit my yard with a Bounty Hunter adventure 5500, and a White's coinmaster previously. I walked in with 2 wheaties, 2 stinkin lincolns, clothespin spring, beer bottle cap, metal end cap of some sort after using the LRP today. I think it did pretty good since I figured the yard was hunted out.

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@bowwinkles: I sold my Lone Star Pro...so no longer have the 8 inch concentric to pay with. I have thought about getting the elliptical concentric from the Quick Draw Pro...or even the smaller ones from the F22 or F11 now that I am playing with the adapters. Good to have both DD and concentric in the arsenal IMO. Going to get the NEL Sharpshooter and Hunter nect though. The concentric later as a maybe.

@PaJim: Good to hear man. The LRP can be quite deep in some soils. I have learned to enjoy Disc 2 with the VCO tone. Disc up to 33 and then I notch out 38-58. I actually enjoy that more than Disc 4...although I still use that often as well.

Always glad to see another LRP user! :occasion14:

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great unit for the money, possibly the best value out there.Really wish they boosted the performance of medium conductors a bit, but for silver it will go quite deep !Thanks for the great video GT. By the way even in my great soil at 8" target ID wavers as well in all my machines at 9-10" target ID means nothing, only sound, high to medium beeps indicating the discriminator circuit is seeing a non ferrous item on occasion always means dig !!! My ground balance is usually between 50-60.

Last edited:

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like patience favors you. I can't see the Ace 250 being better than the Delta in many ways. But some people like simplicity more, which the Ace is.

I got a new ACE250 for $179 and got lucky with a new Delta at $160. The ACE cannot match the performance of the Delta 4000, in recovery speed or depth. My Delta 4000 air tests (sens 12) 12" on a Quarter, 11" Nickel,10.5" on a dime, in my soil its about 1" less in Disc mode 40, all this with the 8" coil. The ACE does well at about a max of 10" on a quarter and 9.2" on the rest with the 9x6"

Last edited:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I noticed that metaldetectorreviews.net has finally added the LRP, QDP and LSP to it's Bounty Hunter list (after I had emailed them 3 different times in 6 months).

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed that metaldetectorreviews.net has finally added the LRP, QDP and LSP to it's Bounty Hunter list (after I had emailed them 3 different times in 6 months).

Was starting to wonder if anybody updated that website anymore until I saw the F44 and 22 go up a few months back.

hopeful_digger

Greenie
Jun 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jet.com currently has the LRP for $284. In addition, you get 10% off of your first Jet order, for a total of $256, with free shipping. I personally have never ordered from Jet, but they are supposedly reliable, and trying to challenge Amazon.

Seems like the old "looking down their nose" at Bounty Hunters is slowly disappearing.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
another day and another pleasant surprise. The elliptical 10" is as deep as the stock coil but what I found today is it does not have the side detection like the stock coil. This allows me to now get much closer to structure like bleachers and tot lot supports.

Skrimps

Feb 3, 2016
North Florida
Detector(s) used
LandRangerPro, Minelab GF40, Land or Sea Pinpointer, Truper Short Shovel, Harbor Freight Detector & Pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my LRP from Newegg a few weeks ago. Now, they jackedup the price.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder what happened to that "Hunter fellow" and his promise of a video featuring a 5" coil? He probably got hijacked by a rabbit or something this week end and got sidetracked. O well we could always talk about detectors without volume control:thumbsup:

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder what happened to that "Hunter fellow" and his promise of a video featuring a 5" coil? He probably got hijacked by a rabbit or something this week end and got sidetracked. O well we could always talk about detectors without volume control:thumbsup:

I don't know what has been going on...I just know time has not been cooperative this last week. :icon_scratch: Everytime I feel like I will have a few minutes to record or make a long winded post...something comes up. :BangHead:

Promise the LRP 5in coil video is coming soon...need more hours in the days!

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well. Now it's back down to $290.40 at Amazon and WalMart has it priced the same as Amazon. Weird.

After 2 days, it's back up to $352 at Amazon. $283 at Walmart.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread