Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Late 1700's Miniature Portrait...

I have posted this pic a few times before, but I have new Information I took my portrait to a museum because its deteriorating fast and I was hoping to find out how to preserve it. The person at the museum pointed out something on the portrait I never had seen before there magnifying system is way better than mine, as in my older posts I thought the portrait was made by Charles Wilson Peale a famous American artist who I thought painted the picture but I had no proof, now I do on the miniature portrait itself are the Initials "CWP" Charles Wilson Peale. This is a never ending saga and it continues still :).... here is the pic again with a cxlose up of the letters sorry I cant get it clearer but in the museums microscope you can clearly see "CWP". and I've included other famous painting made by this person. hh all jd

Attachments

• lady1.JPG
    lady1.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 808
  • ap97a.JPG
    ap97a.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 780
Upvote 0

livetoplay804

Apr 25, 2005
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Re: Late 1700's Miniature Portrait...

relic said:
just donate the thing. they can take better care of it than you sport.? CHOW-!

Is it me, or is this guy an idiot. Seems like he is the one who was doubting JD in Missouri on another spot?

Re: Possible British Encampment found.....
? Reply #12 on: September 22, 2005, 10:31:13 am ?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
what are the chances of british troops beinging in missouri? state is pretty-much landlocked. i dought very much any troops wondered up that far. nice try though! better luck next time

Yep, its him alright. Has anyone ever seen anything "relic" has posted? Relic, nice picture by the way. What are you some sort of male witch?

SW MO Dude!
[/i][/i]

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

4 out of 5 of his posts are questionable LiveToPlay.

I,m watching him as a Possable TROLL

pic isn't him by the way, several people use it

Ady

Jul 24, 2005

J.D what a great find!!!!

Thanks for the Pics.

Do what ever you think best.

Finders Keepers!!
Ady

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

First thing I would do is get it apraised before I donate it. Tke some good pics and ten donate it to a worthy cause along with a letter of appraisal. Then deduct it from my income tax at years end. Heaven knows I need allthe deductions I can get! jimakaks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread