Latest finds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Well guess by now most people will realize, that my posts are brief and to the point. Won't say sorry for that, I'm from Yorkshire, we don't use ten words, when one will do. Think the problem with this site is, that the powers that be, have been fed sh-t so long, they've got a taste for it. These are simply my finds, some people should get over it. Not been easy, spent 30years in the hobby. Now simply reaping the rewards, of a lot of hard work. If the posters to this site want me to stop posting, just tell me, it's no problem.
Best Regards
Robert.

Oops nearly forgot the finds. Late medieval buckle, a short cross cut half Winchester mint 1180-1272, and best of all a tiny silver pendant, hollow probably to hold a reliquary 13th - 14th Century. Sorry if this post offends.

Attachments

• IMG_6256.JPG
    IMG_6256.JPG
    355 KB · Views: 168
Upvote 12

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds. I don't come here for competition nor for confab. I think this site would be perfect, if the banner was just a decoration, voted on by the mods, ONLY. The "voting" is the single aspect that detracts the most, IMHO. Short nuff?
X2
Moderators should be elected by members if they vote for the site as a whole. Kind of like some other government I know....

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One more hammered for the collection, nice pendant and good post! :thumbsup: Congrats!

OP
OP
robfinds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
No offense taken! Thanks for sharing your finds-those blow away anything we could find in the states, at least age-wise.

Hey my wife is from North Yorkshire & I can't seem to get her to quit talking...
North Yorkshire, that's gods country.What a beautiful place.

OP
OP
robfinds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Rob, this is the best post for us to discuss the issue, because if we do this on your gold coin post (& its started a little) then that is when the MODs clamp up & don't award you what you deserve.
Your clean pictures need adding to the original post, because they might still pick a nice shot for the banner. I know it might be the missing story that lets it down (in their opinion), so you could amend the first post, if your that bothered. If you not, then just smile to yourself that the 'right' people 'know'.

Forgot; Nice Finds.
Hello Cru, trust me I'm really not bothered . It's just that, I sense something of big brother. Let me say clearly now, banners are not my goal. Just love detecting. Just seems the powers that be, seem to be working to their own criteria, on this site. It's like they want an epic tale, from the finder. Perhaps this makes the site more interesting. I don't though want to write these epics. Ok could say I'm idle, but that's just me. Went to Steve's funeral today. That guy could detect, never knew anyone who found so much gold, so fast. Could write an epic about Steve, that would be worth reading.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great finds as usual rob!But I think it would be best for everyone if you just stopped posting:laughing7:Don't sweat it man,you found something that most of us will never find in our life.I have seen several finds that should have been up there not make it.Besides I think it is all frogmasters fault!The only reason I can think of why it's not up there is maybe because they don't want two ancient gold coins so close together on the banner?but i don't know.If I have to be a good story teller, I am in trouble myself.

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the latest finds, the reliquary jobbie is a real cool item and the first that I've ever seen like that. Actually is the piece hollow and does it have a loop as I can't figure it out?

I just
:icon_scratch: and go :dontknow: on the Stater find.

I only see it through my own eyes and my own aches and pains of slogging through the clay mud, blowing winds, snow storms, and days that I could not be happier as the sun kissed the fields with warmth and finds.
To dig what you do consistently Rob is no small feat as much silver you've posted up is top notch and I can only imagine that you pay the toll with many hours and digging lots of holes. Some may think it's like digging pull tabs over here, but I know for a fact that any of the finds that you post up would put a grin on my mug, crap once I detected for two weeks 10+ hrs a day and never even got a hammered.
When I dug my one and only gold Stater I yelled out so loud I was hoarse for two days after, it's a real life changer in some ways to see the 50BC gold flip over in the dirt.

I say thank you for the extra time you spend in sharing your finds, some of us get what you're saying.
:occasion14:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find has to get enough votes to make banner...one of Robs finds has made banner before so I don't think people are against him...people take the banner way too serious...maybe I missed something but why would Rob think people don't want him to post...he said to tell him if you don't want him posting and its no problem...please tell me that this whole thing isn't because hes upset his find didn't make banner.

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
Funny thing is, I've always thought a gold coin was in, up and on the banner almost as a matter of course so long as the finder was the person. I've been on this site a long time and seen some items get up there with very short explanations. And with very only some glamour shots. I've had to wonder why some finds make it in the blink of an eye while others get quickly buried into obscurity. The vetting process is a bit loose.

Rob's find is solid and deserves banner prominence. If he doesn't have some eloquent story to go with it, so be it. He has been a steadfast contributor in multiple postings so one would have to think he's not trolling. Given the people who have hijacked sites of members here based on info gleaned from stories posted Rob certainly can be justified in being circumspect.

I enjoy the site and forum because there are a lot of great finds, knowledgable people and fun stories. The banner has been fun but has always been a source of contention for many members, new and old alike. Perhaps the mods and owner should take a more critical look at it and determine if some changes need to be made.

Either way, the banner is just the banner. Rob has his find as do the others who found their banner worthy items and that fact overshadows any need to be validated.

Nice recovery, Rob. Hope you find a clay pot with remnants of cloth and 100's or 1000's of those little gold gems. We'll read that all over the Internet, not just here! Good recoveries, good luck. Keep 'em coming.

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
just seen this thread - was it moved?
I kept bumping up the other one, as others, could not work out why no banner (done now, congrats!)

well done Rob on some great finds and a well deserved banner - and believe me, as a soft southern poof, I say that through clenched teeth!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread