Lets see those homemade projects and honey holes....

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Let's see those homemade projects and honey hole's....

Well i thought this would be fun to share some of our projects,ideas and pictures of our areas. I'm looking forward to seeing everyones ideas that have come to life and some good looking outdoor areas.

DSCN0960.JPG This is my d.i.y blue bowl wash station 12v with auto feed and vibration built in.

IMG-20120213-00005.jpg Here is the bend in the kern river near bakersfield,ca that i work lots of flood gold still hunting for that nugget.

IMG-20120213-00006.jpg This is now a very large hole atleast five feet wide and four feet down and into the bank there is about four feet of dirt above this hole with a large tree on it.

IMG-20120213-00003.jpg This is my A-52 hard at work.

IMG-20120216-00013.jpg My bounty lol not much but its mine....

OK i showed you mine so let's see your's.

Upvote 0

Aurabbit79er

Oct 29, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
A cheap little Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Very Nice.
I'm a little jealous
Mine did have only 27,000 miles, but I've put that many on it now.
It's a work in progress.
I removed the propane system and I'm adding more batteries as I can.
The engine well is so big I have 3 batteries mounted there, 1 engine,2-house, and I plan to fill the double propane box with 4 more house batteries.
Solar panels and a homemade squirrel cage wind generator are in the works now.
The Oven/Stove is coming out to make room for a bathroom remodel to add a combo shower & pot.
I need to up grade the fridge too.
All cooking is done with portable propane or DC appliances.
I found this place.
12 Volt LCD TVs - 12 Volt Refrigerators - 12 Volt Appliances - 12 Volt Accessories
Any propane I use portable now.
I replaced the Sureflo water pump and cleaned and repaired the fresh water tank last month.
Much better taste now.
It's like remodeling a house but a little easier and cheaper, and I think it's more fun.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Time to trade in some dust and hit the pick a parts. Or perhaps craigslist for some after market headers, maybe even pick up some extra MPG's in the process....Search Craigslist: Free Craigslist Search Engine to search ALL Craigslist. Like this,
http://reno.craigslist.org/pts/3410437486.html, or these, 20.00, http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/pts/3450664322.html

My Exhaust Manifold Is cracked.
454 Chevy big block.
It's in my 79 C-30 Truck Cab Roll-A-Long.
It's my buddy.
View attachment 708384

Last edited:

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
It's like remodeling a house but a little easier and cheaper, and I think it's more fun. I agree!

I have done alot of work on this thing also....leaks and dryrot on inside.
Went through the engine, rebuilt carb, got rid of the points. Runs great, thats the main thing I wanted to do, and......
NO SMOG!!!

Aurabbit79er

Oct 29, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time to trade in some dust and hit the pick a parts. Or perhaps craigslist for some after market headers, maybe even pick up some extra MPG's in the process....Search Craigslist: Free Craigslist Search Engine to search ALL Craigslist. Like this,
Big Block Chevy Exhaust Manifolds - OEM, or these, 20.00, CHEVY SB / FACTORY CAST IRON EXHAUST MANIFOLDS / 1965-75

That's a Good search. Thanks Oak, I bookmarked those.
I can't afford to pay attention til after the first right now, but you pointed me in the right directiom, Recked um! dam near tor um off.

HeHe

Thanks again.

Aurabbit79er

Oct 29, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's like remodeling a house but a little easier and cheaper, and I think it's more fun. I agree!

I have done alot of work on this thing also....leaks and dryrot on inside.
Went through the engine, rebuilt carb, got rid of the points. Runs great, thats the main thing I wanted to do, and......
NO SMOG!!!

Dam straight! Pre 75, no smog. Got the roof sealed, but there was damage before I owned it.
Got it in 2003 for $4500.00.
It was sitting in the wind in Victorville for 5 years, I rescued it.
I lived in it 5 days a week for 2 years, to work at the Navy Base in Ventura.
Just that paid for all I've put into it.
Stayed in touch with the family via the internet.
It is now as much an obsession as mining, and I need it for mining.

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
It is now as much an obsession as mining, and I need it for mining. I hear that!

Just did a 5 day mining trip w/brother, before this rain.
Paid 4200 for this one. Well worth it. 6 new tires, 16in split rimms. ouch 1200, needed them.

Aurabbit79er

Oct 29, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh Yea, I changed out the 16.5"to 16" too. Plus all the other rubber I could find on the beast.
The engine was good but I still spent more than I'd paid for it in the first year.
new radiator, clutch fan, Converted the AC to the New refrigeration gas.
Sorting out all the fuel lines to the 3 tanks was about $300.00
And I plan to spend a lot more, and I bet so will you Hefty.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread