Littlest pet shop. Blows my mind!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was in a box last weekend for a dollar. Actually I paid a dollar for about 30 of them. Gave it to my neighbor thinking it was a piece of junk. Being broken and probably not worth anything. She came back and said that this one in good condition sells for about $70 and even though it's broken I need to listed at $.99 and let it auction. I have not had this much activity on one item since 2008 when silver and gold were shooting through the roof and I had a roll of silver quarters on eBay! Anyways this dog has 2 feet that are broken. There have been 417 views on it as of tonight and there is still 1 day in 22 hours left. There are 30 watchers and the bid is up to $31. 417 reviews for a broken toy dog? I'm really starting to question why I put lots of money into buying jewelry when obviously there are several hundred people looking for this stuff instead... $31 will not break the bank however I would've thrown the thing in the trash!

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh I don't expect anybody on here to buy it. Do you have any 1 oz Eagles? My neighbor is looking for one?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one is even more of a surprise. I passed up a whole box of these thinking they were junk!

SHOPKINS LIMITED EDITION RUB-A-GLOVE ****
NO RESERVE ****
$1,651.00 Sold

2e068e17bd2783d08434c9dc7420a6f5.jpg

(Edited by mod)

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep an eye out for the early versions of My Little Pony. Once again only a few are collectable.

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really? This is the type of stuff that is making me not want to post on TNet anymore

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really? This is the type of stuff that is making me not want to post on TNet anymore
What's that? Non charter members posting links to their auctions? Doesn't really bother me personally, but it is against the rules. Seems to be overlooked on this forum. I even saw a "like" by jeff of pa recently on a non charter members thread that had a link to that person's ebay auction. Not that I give a crap because even as a charter member I don't self promote on here.

Or maybe it's the thread hijack by NH you don't like?

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cleaned out a house in Tulsa last week that was completely full in the garage with kids toys. I threw away tons of this little pet shop stuff. There were even old toys I haven't seen since I was a kid. I don't know much about toys so I bagged them and sent them to the landfill.......I guess I need to get a better education.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess it's my fault, wasn't trying to promote nothing just wanted to share with all you collectors of items to resell, the psycho Ness of one piece of (something I thought was junk) that several hundreds if not thousands of people are looking for. And maybe not vesting thousands of dollars and one item and pointing out a ridiculous popular fad at the moment, might help somebody on here make some extra money on something they would normally overlook. That was all. "

To be honest I hope none of you bid on the dog because it is still a piece of junk" in my eyes,

And also happy Father's Day to everybody out there!

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Beachkid I always learn stuff from your posts. And it constantly amazes me what people are willing to pay for stuff others see as junk. My best score to date as far as profit margin was an original GI Joe complete with frogman accessories I paid 3 bucks for & sold for $185

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will now look for Littlest pet shop stuff, as well as my little pony. We get about 5-10 garage sales here a week, so it helps to know just what sells!! Thanks!:icon_thumright:
Now I'm a charter member so I think I will link my Ebay auctions....:laughing7: j/k :laughing7:

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will now look for Littlest pet shop stuff, as well as my little pony. We get about 5-10 garage sales here a week, so it helps to know just what sells!! Thanks!:icon_thumright: Now I'm a charter member so I think I will link my Ebay auctions....:laughing7: j/k :laughing7:

It's pretty easy this time of year. All the kids are going to college. Parents are selling off all their stuff. I'll see this and ask, do you have any littlest pet shops too? A lot do, they say their kids want to save them, which is awesome. I wish i saved all my transformers and ninja turtles! But the others will go get them!

Here what has worked well for me:

teen age kids- video games and toys
My age, 20-30s- old jewelry and video games. (Were all in debt have to sell something)
40s up? Old stuff they don't use... Esp jewelry, coins, watches, old toys or stuff the kids don't want. And them old silverware sets...

However a lot of people here seem to ask "what are you looking for?"

Tomorrow's a new day and I have a plan, however, if I don't go to bed, it will just be a dream! Night!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess it's my fault, wasn't trying to promote nothing just wanted to share with all you collectors of items to resell, the psycho Ness of one piece of (something I thought was junk) that several hundreds if not thousands of people are looking for. And maybe not vesting thousands of dollars and one item and pointing out a ridiculous popular fad at the moment, might help somebody on here make some extra money on something they would normally overlook. That was all. "

To be honest I hope none of you bid on the dog because it is still a piece of junk" in my eyes,

And also happy Father's Day to everybody out there!
I didn't view your thread as any type of self promotion. The thought never crossed my mind, when you do it or anyone else for that matter. I don't think there are many Littlest pet shop collectors on here anyway, lol.
I've seen many non charter members post links to their auctions in the past. However, no one has ever mentioned it as being against the rules or, "being a good way to advertise without being a contributor" jokingly or not. Good way to open a can of worms; however, opening a can of worms is not always good thing.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speaking of opening a can of worms, my three-year-old daughter wanted to go fishing yesterday for Father's Day. Which she had never been fishing before but I bought a Disney princess pole so she wanted to go. She caught her first fish, a bluegill that was about 2 1/2 inches long!!

My son ended up catching about a 13 inch tilapia. For his first fish ever!

image-1096772283.jpg

Made me feel kind of bad because I've put so much time into focusing on making money that I've put off a lot of the things that I really enjoyed growing up doing with my dad. And that's pretty pathetic because the pond is in our backyard. Even though we only fished for about 20 minutes because it was about 95° outside I had a really good time and plan on doing it tonight after about 630!

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NHBandit said:
I deleted my comment on beachkids thread about posting links to Ebay auctions without being a contributor and I also removed the link to my auction. Beachkid did as well.. Buttt.. it dosn't do any good unless you also delete your comment that quotes me. Still got no clue at all why YOU would find something offensive that's got nothing whatsoever to do with you but I accept the fact that there are some overly sensitive members here and I apologize for getting your panties all bunched up.... Have a day

This is what I mean.

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jokingly or not, it's not necessarily to post your own ebay listing on someone else's thread or "jokingly" accuse someone for posting something that provides information to the rest of us.

I come to this site personally to learn from others, help others by sharing my finds, and even go out of my way to help others id or value an item that they have found. I just look at this forum as a resource and not a social club. The information that is gathered on this site for treasure hunters is priceless and the way others are treated sometimes may turn other people away from posting their finds because they are concerned about being criticised or ridiculed, especially someone new to the site.

The information that I learned here literally helped me get through some hard financial times of having a baby and building a family. I am no longer in that position and now do very well for myself in my career but want to make sure that the next person that comes along isn't afraid of asking questions or posting finds like I did when I first started coming here.

You can try to bash me as much as you want but I'm just trying to look out for others coming to the forum.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speaking of opening a can of worms, my three-year-old daughter wanted to go fishing yesterday for Father's Day. Which she had never been fishing before but I bought a Disney princess pole so she wanted to go. She caught her first fish, a bluegill that was about 2 1/2 inches long!!

My son ended up catching about a 13 inch tilapia. For his first fish ever!

View attachment 1178304

Made me feel kind of bad because I've put so much time into focusing on making money that I've put off a lot of the things that I really enjoyed growing up doing with my dad. And that's pretty pathetic because the pond is in our backyard. Even though we only fished for about 20 minutes because it was about 95° outside I had a really good time and plan on doing it tonight after about 630!

Sounds to me like planning a camping trip is in order Beachkid. When I was raising my kids we spent a lot of time at the river camping, etc. and now that I have grand kids, I wish I could have spent so much more time with my kids in the forests. Taking the time to travel with or for the kids really made a difference to me even today. We took the grand kids to Yosemite again this year and we will take them all with us every time that we can :) Making money is really important but so is making memories :)

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Guess it's my fault, wasn't trying to promote nothing just wanted to share with all you collectors of items to resell,

You can easily prove the nay-sayers wrong by disabling your link to your auction and simply post a picture of your item, like any other find, if you are just trying to educate us.

Simple-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions