LOUISIANA BAYOU HUNT - DATE SET - APRIL 08 !

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Re: LOUISIANA BAYOU HUNT - DATE SET - APRIL '08 !

Well,guess what? I just got my notice from my gold/detect chapter here in MO.(yes,we find gold in MO).They are having an outing up in Mexico,MO on a farm where we have found some gold,and they are having a pig roast and a detector hunt.Dates are Apr 18/19/20.What to do,what to do??????I'll see a few of them in Phoenix next week and tell them one way or the other.And I also have to take a 150mi side trip to Las Vegas!My minelab,that's only been used once is on the blink.Last Oct,I tried to power it up and had nothing.Sent it in(warranty) and they changed a couple of things.Got it back and I put batteries in and it turned on so took them out and put it away.Yesterday,I put batteries in and it powered up but then nothing,wouldn't beep at anything,so I will deliver it in person in Vegas(I'll really try and not gamble) or look at those drink lovelies.Hope I don't forget about Phoenix!

OP
OP
Noodle

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

WSD, that's an easy one. That gold will still be there when you and Lance get back from Louisiana! And we're having pig roast, too, only just the babybacks! ;D 'Sides, you'll be missing out on all this great bayou seafood we're gonna have! It's settled!!! :D ;)

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Daddy Ther is other place to be cept in LA on those dates, got it?

ME and BB I know you were right ther withthe rest of um!

Noodle the foods gonna be great!

Now about whats goin on around the camp fire, last 2 hunts no bonfire gotta have one,----then we will see what your neighbors think, they might wonder what your really like! :o

OP
OP
Noodle

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Bonfires are a regular at our place. And not little bitty things either! We've been known to burn whole trees if the wind is right! :D ;D We have several trees "down" right now that we'll be taking apart and getting ready. Bonfires every night, ok? We'll have a big one up at the cabin headquarters, but if you wish to have one in the woods and the weather is right, that'll be ok, too. Just don't burn the place down! If some of you are going to camp out, you're more than welcome to have a fire at the campsites.

What's gonna go on around the campsites? That's up to you guys! No restrictions on this hunt except you'll need a designated driver if you're headed back to town to the motels. We'll have music Saturday night (live) and canned otherwise. Stay away from the chickens, watch where you walk (they perch in the trees), leave the ducks alone, and you're only allowed to throw the ball for Daisy (black lab) 10 times, then she has to go take a shower and rest for at least 10 minutes. And you think I'm kidding, don't ya?? ha! ;D :D

We have a commercial sized greenhouse (concrete floor), which will be devoid of plants by then, so that will be our kitchen, dining area, dancehall, gathering spot. Open all night and all day. Trails will be made and maintained in the woods, or you're free to make new ones.

More details in a few days, along with pictures! How does it sound so far? I'm trying to make it as much of a mini-vacation for ya'll as I can. -Noodle

OP
OP
Noodle

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Just lock Daisy in the kennel, please. Our closest neighbors are a half mile away, so there's no disturbing anyone. Bring extra flashlight batteries; you might need 'em. :) :)

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV

Well BB is getting to the point where he won't go out in daylight, says it puts to many rinkles in his skin. ;) :D ;D :D ;D ;D :)

OP
OP
Noodle

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

I've got a paper sack ... :D

OP
OP
Noodle

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Maybe this will help: Pic of the property from waaaaaay up. Dark stuff is woods. Light stuff is field. What looks like a runway is my half-mile driveway. Fields are flat; woods are low hills and valleys. Elevation is about 15 feet, give or take 3 feet here and there.

Attachments

• Site1.JPG
    Site1.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 960

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Noodle said:
I've got a paper sack ... :D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Damn yer witty Noodle! I love it!!! hahahahaha!! Oh my goodness....hahahahah.....that was a good'un! hahahaha!!

Let me recover from that one.... :D :D :D

OK..I'm good...

This hunt is sounding like sooooo much fun, girl!!! I can't wait to get there! PLEASE let me know if there's anything I can do to help ya. :)

And...WSDaddy....you better be there with us instead of running all over MO! You can do that any 'ole time! Besides...you know you'd miss seeing us. ;D

Nana ;)

OP
OP
Noodle

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Am working on prizes; that portion of the program will be Saturday night. Don't worry, you probably won't leave empty-handed! ;D :) That's always a highlight! -Noodle

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

AW! Just getin to see everyone going to be the prize!

ridge_runner

Jan 15, 2006
Fort LeonardWood, Missouri
Detector(s) used
DFX, XLT

mastereagle22 said:
ridge_runner said:
MG, Noodle, and Sniffer,

Never let anyone (outside of the RB ranks) try to corral a RB member whilst they are 4 sheets to the wind, tough as nails and full of pride!!!! Please everyone, know these rules before the night begins. Plus, pick your friends wisely. Ensure they will not leave during hodown interrogation.....

rr

Oops guess I was the offending person/outsider here. :-[ I just didn't want you killing any of the locals. It would have made it hard on Burdie. ;) Remember what I do for a living, 10 years in the ICU taught me enough about when to stand your ground and when a tactical retreat is warranted. Simple math US=5 Them=18, not good odds. Again I didn't want you to have to kill half the town to get us out of there. We thought the whole thing was over when we left. I will NEVER knowingly leave a man behind!!!! >:(

Wasn't talking bout you bud......You're one of the RB!!!!!! I'm talkin bout the fellas that were messin with the RB 5 that night. How'd you get that from my reply anyway????? LOL!!! I'm a big teddy bear and now everyone will think I'm Ghangis Khan!!!

rr

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV

Did you ever see the movie collateral damage with Arnie.

Wasn't it a stuffed animal of some sort that the terror dudes stuffed a bomb in?

That would be you there Ridge, a teddy bear with a bomb in the middle!!!!

I was just pulling your leg there a little trying to get a rise out of you..............it worked. :-\ ::) ;) :D ;D :D ;D :D :)

ridge_runner

Jan 15, 2006
Fort LeonardWood, Missouri
Detector(s) used
DFX, XLT

mastereagle22 said:
Did you ever see the movie collateral damage with Arnie.

Wasn't it a stuffed animal of some sort that the terror dudes stuffed a bomb in?

That would be you there Ridge, a teddy bear with a bomb in the middle!!!!

I was just pulling your leg there a little trying to get a rise out of you..............it worked. :-\ ::) ;) :D ;D :D ;D :D :)

Yep, it worked.......

rr

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound

Anybody interested in a big old safe that was stolen almost a hundred years ago? The site should be about 5 miles from Noodle's Headquarters. The safe was stolen from a local country general store. According to the story I read, the thieves could not pry the door open the night they stole the safe. As morning approached, they dumped the safe in a local body of water to avoid being caught. I will try to research this story and verify if it is true. If interested, we will need a boat to search. Should be in shallow water. According to the story, there was not much cash but the coins should be very interesting.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

since when do teddy bears have teeth ?
be vewy vewy quiet. hehehehehehe

OP
OP
Noodle

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Well, Gray Cloud, I'M interested ... :o :) Have heard of bodies being dumped off the bridges, but not a safe. :-\ Noodle

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions