Me & my fiancees 1st 2009 finds thats LOOKING for US, plus 2 Spanish Reales!!!

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me & my fiancee's 1st 2009 finds that's LOOKING for US, plus 2 Spanish Reales!!!

So I had the privilege to spend a couple weeks with my sweet fiancee back home in Florida. We got in some detecting, both on land at a lost fort in North Florida, and again on North Beach down in Saint Petersburg.

The first find is of a small mini pistol ball shot that we found at a lost fort site in North Florida. The only find that wasn't a blasted square nail!!! lol

1227081430.jpg

And the next two are of a civil war pistol (with the percussion caps still in the revolver!) that my fiancee's father found in North Florida, as well! I about fell off of my stool when he set it in front of me! After I said, "You've GOT to be freakin' kiddin' me!!?" he replied, "Aww, that ain't nothin'. I would've rather found a button or belt plate." After seeing all of his relics and archaeological artifacts, ANYONE with a love for history would be impressed!!

1228081540.jpg
1228081540a.jpg

Now on to our beach finds... the first was my first ring find ever, and was literally staring back at me when I wiped the sand from it!

0101092015.jpg

This next pic was of my sweetheart, slaving away at her hole (already existing hole)... only to be disappointed with a pull-tab. :-\

DSCI1138.JPG

And for me, the FRUSTRATION of whomever dug craters in the beach and neglected to fill them back in!!! >:(

DSCI1135.JPG

And lastly, my Sweetheart's find of a lifetime... a couple of *cough* plastic *cough* SPANISH REALES!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSCI1146.JPG

That's all for now! Tune in until next time....

Bran <><

Upvote 0
Re: Me & my fiancee's 1st 2009 finds that's LOOKING for US, plus 2 Spanish Reales!!!

Thanks Sweetheart... I love you too!! :-* :wink:
And to be fair, I found a nice military bullet case only inches from my signal. Oh, and I did get the hole in the "pipe" big enough to fit my hand down in and fish around a bit to see if there was anything inside of it. Alas, just sand. :-[

Oh well, I still got to go home with my treasure... :wink:

Sar.jpg

Bran <><

Re: Me & my fiancee's 1st 2009 finds that's LOOKING for US, plus 2 Spanish Reales!!!

I have to agree with you there Bran....she is a treasure indeed! :thumbsup:

hey if you are headed back to springfield better bring some treasure books it is getting nasty cold back here in missouri again i got a bunch of cool local history books with picture and adresses for hunting sights this springand of course the new issues of lost treasure and the other treasure magazine i got 2 more books on the way in the next few weeks that have pictures and adresses about local places the good thign about my town is that it goes back to the fur trade time period woo hoo well later tater be god be safe or be good and safe .

Here's looking at you kid "ha ha " .The ring is awesome :thumbsup: And nice pistol thats pretty cool .. 8)

Thanks for filling in the rest of the story! You are lucky he could have dug into yhe night like in Caldwell there were lights being hauld out into the middle of the field and at least 7 or more people at different times out helping to dig ! ;D

I am so glad you got to spend time together over the Holidays and that your girl likes to detect with you....Ashlee you are a doll and I hope you are able to come on the Caldwell hunt with Bran this year!
Bran....Keep digging.......lets get together soon for some hunting....That viking treasure is still waiting for us ....LOL....the girls are sitting here oohing and ahhing over how cute Ashley is....

Nice finds! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Glad you guys hunt together! :wink:

The pics on the beach are giving me the itch to travel! ;D

You are lucky to be where its warm. It has to be great to have a girl who enjoys this hobby.
The gun is sweet.

Thanks Deno! Her dad is a pretty Righteous guy!!
I'm very lucky to have such a wonderful woman as her... ;D

Bran <><

Great story bran and nice to meet you ashlee, That sone sweet pistola Im windering about cleaned up pics and maybe serial #'s

Thanks Albert! 8)
That pistol is post-electrolysis... I looked it over and didn't see any notifiable serials or makers marks.

Bran <><

darn....was hoping it would reveal some info to find out more about it!!

Re: Me & my fiancee's 1st 2009 finds that's LOOKING for US, plus 2 Spanish Reale

Nick Pappagiorgio said:
godisnum1 said:
Thanks Sweetheart... I love you too!! :-* :wink:
And to be fair, I found a nice military bullet case only inches from my signal. Oh, and I did get the hole in the "pipe" big enough to fit my hand down in and fish around a bit to see if there was anything inside of it. Alas, just sand. :-[

Oh well, I still got to go home with my treasure... :wink:

Bran <><

We need to see the RING ... All the best to the new couple ... :thumbsup:

what ring?

super story and finds. plus the pictures. may your life's be filled with joy. congrats. :thumbsup:

At least you had a nice day at the beach...Matt

hey bran if that is ok to call you that iam gonna tell you where to look on that pistolfor numbers on top of the barrel under the trigger guard and on the butt of the pistol is where most of the CEREAL hehe numbers should be i have a lematte pistol it is a confederate pistol made in france 9 shot 44cal with a 20 guage shot gun round in the center found one at a sale for 125.00 i got it real fast working reproductions cost 600- 800 dollars took it home it works put light loads through it and some rust came off i cleaned it up traced the numbers not a repro but the real thing no name to who it was issued but have a co from louiseanna to bad it wasnt wheats zuove tigers

Re: Me & my fiancee's 1st 2009 finds that's LOOKING for US, plus 2 Spanish Reale

Nick Pappagiorgio said:
K*E*L*L*Y said:
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
We need to see the RING ... All the best to the new couple ... :thumbsup:

what ring?

The ENGAGEMENT Ring ... :thumbsup:

hey some of us chicks aren't impressed with diamonds and gold..maybe she just loves him for who he is and not how big
of a ring he can put on her finger!
its cool B....you're still a cool cat, neighbor!
k

no?

Nick Pappagiorgio said:
K*E*L*L*Y said:

I never questioned the factor of "love" or nor does the "size" or "type" of ring interest me. However, traditionally when a couple becomes engaged there is an "engagement" ring. It could be made of various materials and have various shapes, sizes, types of stones or no stones at all.

It could be an inexpensive simple ring of any material ... but usually there is an "engagement ring"...

The best of luck to the fortunate couple ...

~ Nick ~

I think he's still searching for it on the beach :icon_jokercolor:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back