Me & my fiancees 1st 2009 finds thats LOOKING for US, plus 2 Spanish Reales!!!

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me & my fiancee's 1st 2009 finds that's LOOKING for US, plus 2 Spanish Reales!!!

So I had the privilege to spend a couple weeks with my sweet fiancee back home in Florida. We got in some detecting, both on land at a lost fort in North Florida, and again on North Beach down in Saint Petersburg.

The first find is of a small mini pistol ball shot that we found at a lost fort site in North Florida. The only find that wasn't a blasted square nail!!! lol

1227081430.jpg

And the next two are of a civil war pistol (with the percussion caps still in the revolver!) that my fiancee's father found in North Florida, as well! I about fell off of my stool when he set it in front of me! After I said, "You've GOT to be freakin' kiddin' me!!?" he replied, "Aww, that ain't nothin'. I would've rather found a button or belt plate." After seeing all of his relics and archaeological artifacts, ANYONE with a love for history would be impressed!!

1228081540.jpg
1228081540a.jpg

Now on to our beach finds... the first was my first ring find ever, and was literally staring back at me when I wiped the sand from it!

0101092015.jpg

This next pic was of my sweetheart, slaving away at her hole (already existing hole)... only to be disappointed with a pull-tab. :-\

DSCI1138.JPG

And for me, the FRUSTRATION of whomever dug craters in the beach and neglected to fill them back in!!! >:(

DSCI1135.JPG

And lastly, my Sweetheart's find of a lifetime... a couple of *cough* plastic *cough* SPANISH REALES!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSCI1146.JPG

That's all for now! Tune in until next time....

Bran <><

Upvote 0

ashlee1228

Feb 29, 2008
North Florida
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Me & my fiancee's 1st 2009 finds that's LOOKING for US, plus 2 Spanish Reales!!!

really sucks that they were plastic.... oh well you gotta start somewhere lol ;D

ps ask Bran about the cleaverly disguised "treasure chest" ROFL

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Re: Me & my fiancee's 1st 2009 finds that's LOOKING for US, plus 2 Spanish Reales!!!

Sweet finds (bullet and pistol) but 'seeing eye' ring is something else.

Attachments

• tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 1,766
  • tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 1,771

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

Nice eye ring!

I bet this guy wished he had found it... :icon_pirat:

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A trip to Florida sounds great about now. Nice post and HH, Mike

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500

Lovee that ring. :o
may the next one have a diamond in it.
Joe

kibitzr

Dec 18, 2007
Niles,Mich
Detector(s) used
Expl SE, Excalibur ll, E-Trac, Whites V3

Looks like a great day at the beach, With snow on the ground and 18 degrees ,I'll trade ya ...HH :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

Great finds,Bran.Sweet looking pistol!You are so very lucky to have a goodlooking gal that enjoys the hobby also.That is the best find of a lifetime.You are a terrific couple.God Bless.

PS; Cleverly disquised treasure chest?? Let's hear the story!

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Looks liek you 2 had a great time. Nice finds, especially on the pistol ???

mlhudson

Mar 19, 2006
GADSDEN, ALA.
Detector(s) used
All White's Detectors MXT and IDX_pro, ANY OLD DETECTOR WILL DO

look'in good down in florida, nice finds u got there, happy hunting

ml hudson

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

Looks like a fantastic day!! Now what is with the cleverly disguised treasure chest? lol

Burning Metal

Dec 6, 2008
Tampa Bay area Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Nice finds...especially the Spanish "coins" ;D I just moved to the Tampa Bay area 2 months ago and have been hitting the beaches quite a bit. Haven't found anything THAT great but have found a few decent things. I've found the usual clad and such and also 2 rings...one 14kt and one Avon junk ring, 3 earrings...one 14kt, one 10kt and a silver and a small 14kt cross earring. My goal for my first year in Florida is 20 rings or 40 pieces of jewelry total. My last time out I found a fake Spanish coin also...but mine was made of metal not plastic ;D

P

Pentico

Congrats on a great day out!
Love the eye ring!
Oh and thanks for the great looking beach pictures.
1400 miles to the nearest beach for us.

Best of luck in 09

DN

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wish my missus could join the crew, we would cover more land that way :thumbsup: However being a horsey person takes time & care.

Keep sharing those moments, as it must be fun for you 8)

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It's always great to see the pics of the beach. Looks like you two had a super time! :icon_sunny: That gun is awesome!! And of course so's the bullet! :wink: Congrats on that Spanish booty too! ;D

Nana~

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cool pistol. Congrats to both of you for having a hobby to share.

S

seger98

That pistol is an awesome find, that eye ring is pretty freaky! Nice bunch of finds! :thumbsup:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Love all your finds and dads too! A pull tab at the beach imagine that wow! I know theres more go back! ;D
But really love that you guys had fun togeather!
Noe whats this about a treasure chest? lol! Thanks for spilling the beans on him the more the better!

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star

Nice finds! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Glad you guys hunt together! :wink:

The pics on the beach are giving me the itch to travel! ;D

ashlee1228

Feb 29, 2008
North Florida
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

for those of you who asked....

Before I tell you about the “treasure chest”, I feel I need to fill you in on why we went to this particular site…
Last spring break, Bran got a good signal at a fort (which will remain anonymous), and this signal has been eating at him ever since. Over the past year, his dreams of what this signal could possibly be, having included everything from a bomb (the site was used as a bombing range), junk iron, and even pirate treasure…
Over the Christmas break, he finally got his chance to find out what the signal was…
After relocating the signal, the dig began.
Now for all of you who were at CTH 2 you can imagine how this went...
After about an hour and a half of taking turns digging with a HAND TROWEL :tard: and hacking trough tree roots that were as big as my arm, Bran finally went and retrieved his relic shovel, which he won at CTH 2 (thank you to whomever donated it! ;D), and after another 30ish minutes of digging and hacking we reached the mysterious thing (about 2 deep and about a foot long and 7-8 inches wide). Now to be completely fair, it could have been a chest… or a bomb, at least I thought so until we widened the hole and cleaned off the top of the object and it became clear to me that it was a culvert type pipe. I told Bran to fill it in but he insisted that it "could still be a chest" ‘cause it was "just the right distance from the water" or it could be a bomb that had not exploded. By this point I was hot, sweaty and the light was quickly fading… so I told him to just whack it to see if it was a bomb, and if it didn’t blow up to fill in the hole. Of course Bran didn’t want to blow up, so he continued digging around the “treasure chest” until he accidentally knocked a hole in the top. Excited by still being among the living, he began the task of making the hole larger so he could better access the “coins.” Finally, much to my relief, he came to the same conclusion that I had reached over a half hour before that it was just a pipe…

So remember my fellow treasure hunting friends, those pirates were sneaky and disguised some of their treasure chests as culvert pipes just to fool us. :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions