Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36769422/

Here is a recent article by Stephen Hawking

Here is a short quote
"The 68-year-old scientist said a visit by extraterrestrials to Earth might well be like Christopher Columbus arriving in the Americas, "which didn't turn out very well for the Native Americans."

Native Americans not only died at the hands of English immigrants, even worse on their populations were the new diseases they were introduced to them that they had no immunities for, this is what is believed to be the real reason for the massive population decline of native americans. I guess I am just saying I am not in any hurry to be exposed to any alien germs.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know that I just read through this post again and see that the author only replied once after the rambling post. His only comment, "What if it's true?". No comment, no opinion, just another unanswered question.

I think we know who the alien is now and he is amongst us :laughing9:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
krazyace said:

Here is a short quote
"The 68-year-old scientist said a visit by extraterrestrials to Earth might well be like Christopher Columbus arriving in the Americas, "which didn't turn out very well for the Native Americans."

Native Americans not only died at the hands of English immigrants, even worse on their populations were the new diseases they were introduced to them that they had no immunities for, this is what is believed to be the real reason for the massive population decline of native americans. I guess I am just saying I am not in any hurry to be exposed to any alien germs.

We didn't need Hawkings to tell us that, it has been aired on the history station dozen of times. I wonder if Hawkings is watching "America, the History of Us". ;D

2bits

Nov 19, 2009
Detector(s) used
One to many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This topic is to deep for me- Beam me up Scotty!

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This recent statement by Hawking came to mind when reading the OP. For the sake of argument, assume that the message in the OP is real. Well, according to the message, those in power have already told them (the beings who sent the message) to "shove off". Now, coincidentally, Hawking makes this statement at the same time this message comes rolling around. The thought that comes to mind is that Hawking is part of the problem and is a mouthpiece of the power elite. If and when the aliens show up, people will remember Hawking's statement and be fearful and ask the gov't for protection, possibly sabotaging the "meet". Think of all the "evil attacking alien" movies that have come out over the years. Is it just a creative producer/director, or a directive from on high?

See how easy it is to concoct a conspiracy theory?

krazyace said:

Here is a short quote

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Beep Goes On said:
This recent statement by Hawking came to mind when reading the OP. For the sake of argument, assume that the message in the OP is real. Well, according to the message, those in power have already told them (the beings who sent the message) to "shove off". Now, coincidentally, Hawking makes this statement at the same time this message comes rolling around. The thought that comes to mind is that Hawking is part of the problem and is a mouthpiece of the power elite. If and when the aliens show up, people will remember Hawking's statement and be fearful and ask the gov't for protection, possibly sabotaging the "meet". Think of all the "evil attacking alien" movies that have come out over the years. Is it just a creative producer/director, or a directive from on high?

Ok, I hate to sound cruel, but here we go, so fasten your seat belts. This may even be low for me, but I will say it now the less. I think if the aliens believe that Hawkings is a mouthpiece, they will have no problem with working him over until he sees things their way.

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:laughing9: ROFL...that is funny...although that guy is truly amazing...should have died long ago, but he simply refuses to die.

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
Cybercop106 said:
I don't know whether there are aliens or not, but I DO know there are a lot of frauds running around trying to capitalize on the subject. There is certainly a lot of information concerning the existence of Extraterrestrials and even Intraterrestrials. Of course many things in the universe are unexplained, but you can tell a lot by the 'attempted' explanations. :icon_thumright:

You almost hit the nail on the head with your post. I am hoping that my new book, "Divorcing an Alien", will shed light on the subject. I have been married to Yenna for 8 years and the divorce is really taking its toll. Her planet K-Pax is 18.5 light years away and I have to pay her attorney's fees. Just his travel time alone is putting me in the poorhouse.

Ahhhh, she's obviously scamming you! Remember, they found out who "Prot" really was and where he was from........ :wink:

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Beep Goes On said:
spartacus53 said:
Ok, I hate to sound cruel, but here we go, so fasten your seat belts. This may even be low for me, but I will say it now the less. I think if the aliens believe that Hawkings is a mouthpiece, they will have no problem with working him over until he sees things their way.
Stephen's wheelchair is actually a Transformer. He's ready to kick alien butt from here to Uranus....... :headbang: :laughing7:
10958_04_05_10_9_01_43.jpeg

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Beep Goes On said:
:laughing9: ROFL...that is funny...although that guy is truly amazing...should have died long ago, but he simply refuses to die.

maybe he is a cyborg :dontknow:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Beep Goes On said:
Maybe he's one of them damn Trantaloids in disguise :dontknow:

I say better a Trantaloid, then a Hemorrhoid, they are a real pain in the a$$ :laughing9:

OP
OP
B

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
spartacus53 said:
You know that I just read through this post again and see that the author only replied once after the rambling post. His only comment, "What if it's true?". No comment, no opinion, just another unanswered question.

I think we know who the alien is now and he is amongst us :laughing9:

I wish I could take credit for writing this message, but the entire article is exactly as I received it. Spelling errors and everything.

No comment is needed from me, and my opinion doesn't matter. The letter speaks for itself. If you read it you understand what it means. What you think or do about it is up to you. Personally I passed it along to my smartest contacts.

It has the "ring of truth". Pretty well sums up our current state of affairs as well as acknowledging the fears we all have about 2012 predictions.

Regarding alien beings, Hawkings pretty well cleared that up by saying when we meet them rather than they don't exist.

Actually the reason I posted this, is one of the ancient 2012 predictions (Hopi I think) about one of the last signs being oceans turning black. So I posted it and am please that you good folks took time to wade through it. Thank you...

Live Long and Prosper....

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuffaloBob said:
It has the "ring of truth". Pretty well sums up our current state of affairs as well as acknowledging the fears we all have about 2012 predictions.

Hmmm, my bathtub also has a ring, but yet it's not a wedding ring :icon_scratch: I wonder if there is a connection here with the aliens. :dontknow:

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those boys have already been here and done that!
They don't want nothin to do with us freaks.
I'll bet they sit around a tv of sorts and watch humans for entertainment.

While their leaders sit in a booth, with one finger on "The Button" Saying, " Should I press it?' "Should I PRESS IT?" :D

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4-H said:

Right now they are watching "V" on ABC and they give it :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
B

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
4-H said:
Those boys have already been here and done that!
They don't want nothin to do with us freaks.

While their leaders sit in a booth, with one finger on "The Button" Saying, " Should I press it?' "Should I PRESS IT?" :D

I hear you. And wonder what I would do. Maybe they see something in us that I don't. The scary part is, maybe the button is just for some of us? Are they asking us to choose sides for that reason?

This is way above my head. Just because you don't believe in something doesn't mean you shouldn't be afraid of it or respect it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread