Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hola, Mikel, naturally, in gold bearing areas. It is a normal proces washes some away, exposes new.

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don Jose.......with the considerable rain and flooding here and in Peru, this should expose new gold......
Now if only the rain, flooding and destruction would stop.......

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doc-D, your post about floods and destruction, refreshed thoughts that have made me wish that I had the ability to organize groups of metal detecting enthusiast to follow storm paths to retrieve lost jewelry to reunite victims with their family heirlooms, etc...

It does a heart good to help in ways that few folks can do.

Just another thing that I wish I had done much earlier in life....

#/;0{>~

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
At last I have caught up with you Jose, :hello: please stop changing your ID, you know you will never get rid of me:icon_flower:I have looked up a couple of Reale's but with different endings. Sshhhhh you in hiding.

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi luv, ditto DIT. A report on why no activity. As you know I had a macular hemorrhage in my left eye about two years ago. The va wanteed to experiment with laser burning a hole through the blood clot, no wy. I noticed a little clearing so I decided tio let Nature, with a iittle self help would do something. Result I now have perhaps 99 % vision in the left eye with a slight distortion the letters about the lower third on the right lower quadrant, annoying but livable. then recently the same with the right eye, looks like a deep red Chrysanthemum in the same quardrant with the same rhe result, like our friend Mikel, I ned help it is annoying and loses contrast, I have to hold a magnifying glass in order to read and type with one hand. For fear of many to many boo's boo's and typos The book finish is put on a temporary hold until I go to the next town, some 75 miles to see if glasses will heip. Age finally kreeps up on all of us EVEN ME sniff.
But I promise to try to write a little on the book every day, after I get ,my new glasses.

OK uni and hit, your turm. I know how you feel Mikel.

Last edited:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MISERY LOVES COMPANY, BUT I WOULD RATHER SHARE MY MISERY WITH SOMEONE THAT I DON'T LIKE.

WITH YOU I WILL SHARE EMPATHY.

IT IS HARD ENOUGH TO WRITE
WHEN YOU CAN SEE CLEARLY.

WHEN WORKING AND NOT SEEING THE WORDS ITS A LITTLE BIT LIKE WHISTLING TO A DEAF MAN. IT CAN BE VERY EASILY MISUNDERSTOOD.

THE DEAF MAN MIGHT THINK THAT YOU ARE TRYING TO KISS HIM!

I HOPE THAT GLASSES FIX THE REST.

#/;0{>~

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
About the rains. The washes that come out of the western side of the Supes (towards Hwy 60), use to be panned after the "Monsoon" season back in the 60's that I know of for a fact.

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Also on the "Old Florence to Kerney road", there were lots of "Glory Pockets" that were worked out. Also ran into a prospector, when 3 of us were panning the Gila River up from the Diversion Dam in 1963. He thought we were claim jumping and we were trying to pan with a frying pan. Not that you can't do that, just not as easy as a Gold Pan. Once he saw what we were really doing he gave us a lesson on how to do it correctly and coffee. We were all like 17-18 years old. Had a great time with him after he decided that we weren't trying to actually steal from him. We didn't know that anyone had filed a claim up there as we were all in HS.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Real de Tayopa

Tayopa lay resting behind the veil, It's legend grew to quite a tale.

Searchers came from far and wide, but the Jesuit treasure continued to hide.

Jose appeared from out of the mist, his mind held the map that could not miss.

For years he fought to make it his prize, but it stood protected by thousands of lies.

The door creaks loudly as he pushes it back, he peers inside and his smile cracks,

The bones of the padres are piled inside, they crumble to dust as if trying to hide.

Jose is in awe as he gazes at their treasure, the souls of the natives too many to measure.

The Jesuits had mined this land too well, their leaving had opened the gateway to hell.

He steps back in fear and closes the door, leaving Tayopa and its souls, to return no more.

Joe Ribaudo

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thinking of you today, Jefe, and your little dove. :duckie:

I believe the spring thaw is on its way and I'll soon be on the road again, hopefully to a warmer clime. Thought I would stop by and heat this place up a bit, it's so quiet in here.

Warm thoughts coming your way! :icon_sunny:

:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::heart::hello:

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shout out to Marius!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARIUS!!

:hello::hello2::occasion18::occasion13::occasion16::occasion15::icon_cheers::occasion14::toothy4:

b7fe5a4ced5fa8c6214b7e819da9c6ca_zpszbdsllam.jpg

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gricks have birthdays ?? I always thought that they were spawned under shields and finished on top of them Mari, my good friend. Ya have 40 more to catch up with me may you enjoy each one of them to the fullest, Grick dancing girls, Dit, Treasures etc.

Last edited:

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Jose, about the book, can you find a cassette recorder? Just talk into it and then have someone else type it. Just a thought.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jose, about the book, can you find a cassette recorder? Just talk into it and then have someone else type it. Just a thought.

For that matter, there are " Talk to Text" aps. For phones and there are probably the same for computers.

The problem with them for me is that I can type at the the same speed as I can construct sentences in my head.

#;0{>~

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
If anybody keeps in touch with JudyH, tell her I said Hi and I hope she's doing well.
Rick

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
l, from the looks of the way the eys are Responding I'll be able to type without a magnifying glass The left is almost clear, the right one . it still looks like a dirty window.with small reddish transparent area. Seems as it my methods which I discussed long ago is working.But it looks like trying to look through dirty window.

In the meanwhile here is a song that was popular at the end of WWII. I had just returned from almost continous duty in the Pacifcf 4 years I was going to a military school and going with this fantastic lil Wave, people would turn their heads when we walked into a restaurant,. We tried to nake up for the lost time but you just cannot, only hold status quo. I dedicate this to my two favoriete broads, HIT, and Unicorn, my Britland luv.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread