More Coppas and A New Member

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Yo, Tnet forum dudes, you may have been wondering, "Hmmmm, where has the great KirkPA gone?" To alleviate that turmoil in your great detecting minds, I am back in full forum mode! I was having computer problems, so I couldn't even check out the great threads that were being posted, such as those from DFX-Gregg, Frodov, Captn_SE, {Sentinel}, BuckleBoy, Danimal, etc. Even though I couldn't grace you sweet men with my angelic-like presence, you were still on my mind. At times, I would wonder, "Did DFX-Gregg pounce on 10K yet? Hmmm, I wonder if Frodov is still pounding his sites? Has Danimal stuck anymore coppas?" As some of you dudes may already know, great minds, like mine, spend time in contemplation. For long hours on end, during my absence from this forum, I pondered the gulf between my soul: metal detecting loneliness. At this Penn-sa-vain-ya hour and minute, I am truly thankful to be welcomed back to this forum...thanks for the welcoming hugs and kisses. From my honest metal detecting heart, I kiss thy own gentle hand and display my gentle lipstick mark for you dudes to view. Also, if you would be so kind, imprint that image into your own heart and like a lit candle, allow it to flutter in its own purity with your every thought of love for KirkPA.

Back to the metal detecting adventure....

Hunt 1: Thursdee. Where: The Coronet Field. Who: KirkPA, zoyboy, PACO

To make a long metal detecting short (like zoyboy always states), we hit our super productive field. This would be our 3rd hunt at this field and it still hasn't skunked us. We were all detecting with our usual determination, when I got a nice "Q" on "Quarter" hit on my White's machine. Before I stuck my digger into the historic soil, I stated, kind of to myself, but for anyone within 30 yards to have heard it, too, "Another Coronet, baby!" I got down on my digging knee and flipped some soil out of the earth. Just to make it interesting and since the coin was only two inches deep, I decided to close my eyes and feel around in the excavated dirt...if you ever have the time to have this much fun playing in the dirt, try it out! After about 3 minutes, I felt the edge of a target, but it didn't quite feel like a coin. I opened my eyes and noticed that I had picked up a worm...now that explains the wet feeling. LMAO I threw her over my shoulder and closed my eyes again. My skillful fingas locked in on another target...this one felt like what I had been hoping for. Before I plucked my eyes o-pen, I yelled, "Coppa!" That was when the guys were at my side and jumping around with me...it was a fun celebration. Since my detector was about 10 yards away, and I had to get back to detecting, I decided to partake in another happy celebration...I skipped, kind of like a Victorian babe would do through a meadow in 1871, to my loving machine: the machine that scored KirkPA another old coppa, baby! The coin turned out to be an 1831 Coronet cent!

After that recovery, I retrieved a nice cuff but-tin. After plucking it from the depths, I looked at it, while fluttering my eyebrows, kind of like a babe would have done in 1912 after being commented on how nicely she had shaved her legs, "Oh, how pretty." I ended this metal detecting day with another but-tin and two dropped musketballs.

Oh, PACO also found a great coin...he will tell.

Hunt 2: Saturdee. Where: The Coronet Field. Who: KirkPA, zoyboy, PACO, and a mystery guest.

Since PACO's wife was in New York for the day and he didn't have anything else to do, he decided to flip a coin (this is what he told us)...well, to make a long story short, it landed on "Metal Detecting." At 12:45 in the p.m. PA time, he called our home, "Kirk, you there?" Since I wasn't there and zoy was, he picked up the phone, "Yo, PACO, it is zoyster." So, they went through their usual conversation...it ended with PACO stating, "I will pick you up at 1:30. Darn, too bad Kirk can't go."

At 1:15 in the afta-noon, KirkPA saunters into his dwelling, with his babe on his arm, and upon entering, zoy is in full sentence, "PACO called twenty minutes ago, probably Coronet field, he will be here in 15 minutes, do you have time? Oh, Stacia is with you." Then, with my puppy dog face, I asked Stacia, "Honey Poo, can I?' Since she is supportive of my hobby, she states back, "Go ahead! Find a coppa!" LMAO

At 1:30 PA time, PACO arrives and we are off to our destination: The Coronet Field aka The Best Field in PA. As soon as we got out of the van, we were running out to the site of the Coronet excavations. Guess who won the race? After the race, we started to sweep. After about two hours of sweeping and very few finds, I noticed a gentleman walking across the field to PACO. Since he didn't look familiar, I decided to walk over to PACO to meet up with him, too. Zoy was soon there as well.

After some further chat, the mystery guy looked over at me with a puzzled look and stated, "Are you guys on the Tnet forum?" That was when zoy, PACO, and I exclaimed, "Yes!" That was when he started to laugh super hard, "No way, you must be KirkPA. Sh*t, you must be zoyster. You must be PACO!" After that, we were all shaking hands and laughing hysterically. He later identified himself as "vpone." Once he got his detector out of his trunk to join us in the hunt (he swings an SE), we decided to ask him a question, "Kevin, would you like to become a member of 'Bone Dry Detecting'?" With all of his excitement and enthusiam, he stated, "Hell yeah!" So, dudes, to make a long story short, we welcomed a new member to our club: vpone. He shares the same passion and displays the same excitement as we do for the hobby. Welcome to the club, buddy!

With very little time before the sunset, we all attacked the field. In about 30 minutes of time, I soon got a jumpy, deep-sounding "Quarter" hit. I thought, "No way!" After digging down to the exteme depth of 8", I soon saw the green disc, on edge, in the side of the hole. I stood up, and shouted to the guys, "Large coppa!" That was when vpone, PACO, zoy all ran to me and congratulated me with numerous handshakes. Heck, even vpone joined in the "coppa" celebration. He fit right in with the group...jumping around, handshaking, etc. The coin turned out to be a holed 1837-1839 modified Coronet cent. After that recovery, we got back to business. Zoy was soon yelling out a great find (he will tell you).

The day ended after that and we soon met at the vehicles. Since we were heading to the tavern site the next day, we asked vpone to join us. Since he is part of our club, he will detect every one of our sites with us.

Hunt 3: Sundee. Where: Colonial tavern. Who: KirkPA, zoyboy, PACO, and vpone.

At 8:10 a.m., we all met at the local uni-mart and headed off in two vehicles. Upon arriving to the site, I could tell that vpone was super excited to begin hunting. We were all soon walking out to the site of the defunct wayside tavern. We told him about the artifact dispersal before we even turned our machines on. PACO, zoy, and I wanted to see him dig his 1st Colonial coin!

To make another long story short, I didn't do too well. I only found part of a Colonial shoe buckle, a Colonial seal, and a Flower but-tin. But, even though I didn't find anything decent, I got my thrill for the day when vpone excavated an awesome coin (he will tell you). I was truly happy for our newest member. After he found the coin, I stated, "This is your initiation into the club!" Oh, soon after this coin recovery, PACO recovered another awesome coin.

Overall, it was a fun day filled with some fun celebrations. LOL Once again, vpone, welcome to our club. PACO, zoy, and I are all thrilled to have you join us in our adventures. We will make a great team!

*All relics were found on private property with the total consent from the sweet souls who own the prop-perty.

CoronetField006.jpg

Upvote 0

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
halfdime said:
Death and taxes, Kirk with an amusing post and more Coppa: the four (tangible) things you can count on.

LMAO! That is frickin' hilarious! Those coppas really get my blood pumping.

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
halfdime said:
Death and taxes, Kirk with an amusing post and more Coppa: the four (tangible) things you can count on.

I agree with my brother...those coppas are awesome to find.

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
kieser sousa said:
I was wonderin were the hellooooo y'all were at.My bud has an SE and he's been kickin my ash lately ! In fact I've decided to take a few courses in rocket science at the local colage so's I can get me one ! :D About the racein thing ....remember the story of the old bull and the young bull.... ;) ;D

You just got that darned X-terra! You throwing it out? :D

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Jack(IN) said:
Those places just keep giving and giving and hopefully we will see more goodies!! Congrats on that big copper!!

You got that straight, buddy. This site, we are believing, could have been a tavern or general store. There is no way a single dweller would have dropped close to 16 coins. The newest coin excavated at this site is an 1839 coppa. Wow, one hell of a site!

Oh, we also found over 45 but-tins.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your computer went on the blink because you were trying to load up too many awesome finds.

I myself is setting in front of my brand new lap top, for the same reason, my computer crashed burned, and burned again. Everything lost.

I will be back on your list soon! lol

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
txkickergirl said:
your computer went on the blink because you were trying to load up too many awesome finds.

I myself is setting in front of my brand new lap top, for the same reason, my computer crashed burned, and burned again. Everything lost.

I will be back on your list soon! lol

Thanks, babe, for the reply. I will have to update that list. Go make KirkPA proud! ;) :D

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KirkPA said:
kieser sousa said:
I was wonderin were the hellooooo y'all were at.My bud has an SE and he's been kickin my ash lately ! In fact I've decided to take a few courses in rocket science at the local colage so's I can get me one ! :D About the racein thing ....remember the story of the old bull and the young bull.... ;) ;D

This also brings us to the story of the old bull and the young bull.....my point being why settle for just one ? :D :D ;D

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
kieser sousa said:
KirkPA said:
kieser sousa said:

This also brings us to the story of the old bull and the young bull.....my point being why settle for just one ? :D :D ;D

Kieser, you must be a spendthrift. :D Save your money, buddy. ;) :) :D

vpone

Bronze Member
May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 11" & 15" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Guys,

Ok, so I'm driving around looking for potential sites to hit and I see these 3 guys detecting a field that I've hit a couple times. I knew there were some others hitting these fields as well, so I thought I'd introduce myself and see what the've been finding.

I walk over and one of them recognizes me from town and we start to talk. Meanwhile the other two have joined in, it took me about 2 minutes to figure out it was KirkPA (from his avatar pic), then it hit me I was standing there with Paco and Zoyster as well - TOO FUNNY

We immediately hit it off and started swapping stories, I even quoted some of Kirk's posts with his "incredible athletic moves and unbelievable speed" :) which he found funny

They asked me if I had my detector and to come and hunt with them, which took me by surprise - now like many of you, I've been reading theirs posts over the past 7 months, and KNOW all of the incredible things they've found so I jumped at the chance to join their group !

It was a great afternoon, with a great bunch of guys, like I said we really hit it off - if I could bottle their enthusiasm and passion for the hobby (along with their skills) and sell it - i'd be a millionaire

I didn't find anything in this short hunt, but I did see Kirk and then Zoy each pull out a large cent which was pretty exciting - each time we all came runnign to see, we high fived and jumped up and down like little kids - i was as excited for them as much as if i found it myself

the day ended with them inviting me along to their tavern site the next morning, which again I jumped at (see my post on what i found)

All i can say is guys, thanks again for inviting me into join your group, I am truly honored and excited for the opportunity !

take care,

vp

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
vpone said:
Hey Guys,

Ok, so I'm driving around looking for potential sites to hit and I see these 3 guys detecting a field that I've hit a couple times. I knew there were some others hitting these fields as well, so I thought I'd introduce myself and see what the've been finding.

I walk over and one of them recognizes me from town and we start to talk. Meanwhile the other two have joined in, it took me about 2 minutes to figure out it was KirkPA (from his avatar pic), then it hit me I was standing there with Paco and Zoyster as well - TOO FUNNY

We immediately hit it off and started swapping stories, I even quoted some of Kirk's posts with his "incredible athletic moves and unbelievable speed" :) which he found funny

They asked me if I had my detector and to come and hunt with them, which took me by surprise - now like many of you, I've been reading theirs posts over the past 7 months, and KNOW all of the incredible things they've found so I jumped at the chance to join their group !

It was a great afternoon, with a great bunch of guys, like I said we really hit it off - if I could bottle their enthusiasm and passion for the hobby (along with their skills) and sell it - i'd be a millionaire

I didn't find anything in this short hunt, but I did see Kirk and then Zoy each pull out a large cent which was pretty exciting - each time we all came runnign to see, we high fived and jumped up and down like little kids - i was as excited for them as much as if i found it myself

the day ended with them inviting me along to their tavern site the next morning, which again I jumped at (see my post on what i found)

All i can say is guys, thanks again for inviting me into join your group, I am truly honored and excited for the opportunity !

take care,

vp

Kevin, I do agree, we all have the same passion and enthusiam for the hobby. I am glad to have you in the group. You definitely add some more life to the group. By the way, are you hunting tomorrow with PACO and I? Zoy won't be able to make it, but we should all still have a great time. I talked to PACO tonight and we agreed to hit the "Half Real" field. We found some debris all over that field, along with a couple buttons. I think it could have been the site of a Colonial cabin.

Oh, my brother and I have some more research sites to tell you about. They are tavern sites...we will all have to put our minds together to locate the one tavern (1800-1850). It has to be virgin because it is somewhat difficult to locate, but when we do find it, we will hit paydirt. It will be a project for the cold winter months. hahaha

Kirk

vpone

Bronze Member
May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 11" & 15" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Kirk,

Great hunting with you too, we're all going to make a great team - definately gotta love the enthusiasm

Can't hunt on Thursday but am looking forward to Sunday. I have a couple pieces of info I want to share with you as well on the Tavern Site. There might be more than meets the eye there. I'll explain when we talk.

Take care and thanks again buddy !

vp

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
vpone said:
Hey Kirk,

Great hunting with you too, we're all going to make a great team - definately gotta love the enthusiasm

Can't hunt on Thursday but am looking forward to Sunday. I have a couple pieces of info I want to share with you as well on the Tavern Site. There might be more than meets the eye there. I'll explain when we talk.

Take care and thanks again buddy !

vp

Hmmm...I can't wait to hear this piece of information. I bet we are still in the dump and have not located the actual yard yet! I eyeballed a lot of brick and pottery shards out in that soybean field. I was also getting a lot of different iron signals, so that is a good sign. We must all hit that field as well! I bet there are coins waiting to be recovered out there!

PACO and I will probably only detect for about an hour tomorrow, so you and zoy aren't really missing much. Sunday will be another great day!

Kirk

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hey Kirk,,,
I have definitely got to get me a some reading glasses... I can't make it through most of your post...
I love reading them,, but my eyes can only take so much... :'(
Reading one of your post is like reading a book,,, I have never made it through an entire book...
I'm probably missing a lot.... ;D

I think you had a great day,,, if not let me know... ;D
Keep up the good cheer,, & Happy hunting~

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Leon said:
Hey Kirk,,,
I have definitely got to get me a some reading glasses... I can't make it through most of your post...
I love reading them,, but my eyes can only take so much... :'(
Reading one of your post is like reading a book,,, I have never made it through an entire book...
I'm probably missing a lot.... ;D

I think you had a great day,,, if not let me know... ;D
Keep up the good cheer,, & Happy hunting~

LMAO! Sorry, if I made you go blind. :D

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Story and Great coins, welcome back Kirk!

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds Kirk

WTG on the LCs

HH,
SgtSki

Top Member Reactions