More Coppas and A New Member

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Yo, Tnet forum dudes, you may have been wondering, "Hmmmm, where has the great KirkPA gone?" To alleviate that turmoil in your great detecting minds, I am back in full forum mode! I was having computer problems, so I couldn't even check out the great threads that were being posted, such as those from DFX-Gregg, Frodov, Captn_SE, {Sentinel}, BuckleBoy, Danimal, etc. Even though I couldn't grace you sweet men with my angelic-like presence, you were still on my mind. At times, I would wonder, "Did DFX-Gregg pounce on 10K yet? Hmmm, I wonder if Frodov is still pounding his sites? Has Danimal stuck anymore coppas?" As some of you dudes may already know, great minds, like mine, spend time in contemplation. For long hours on end, during my absence from this forum, I pondered the gulf between my soul: metal detecting loneliness. At this Penn-sa-vain-ya hour and minute, I am truly thankful to be welcomed back to this forum...thanks for the welcoming hugs and kisses. From my honest metal detecting heart, I kiss thy own gentle hand and display my gentle lipstick mark for you dudes to view. Also, if you would be so kind, imprint that image into your own heart and like a lit candle, allow it to flutter in its own purity with your every thought of love for KirkPA.

Back to the metal detecting adventure....

Hunt 1: Thursdee. Where: The Coronet Field. Who: KirkPA, zoyboy, PACO

To make a long metal detecting short (like zoyboy always states), we hit our super productive field. This would be our 3rd hunt at this field and it still hasn't skunked us. We were all detecting with our usual determination, when I got a nice "Q" on "Quarter" hit on my White's machine. Before I stuck my digger into the historic soil, I stated, kind of to myself, but for anyone within 30 yards to have heard it, too, "Another Coronet, baby!" I got down on my digging knee and flipped some soil out of the earth. Just to make it interesting and since the coin was only two inches deep, I decided to close my eyes and feel around in the excavated dirt...if you ever have the time to have this much fun playing in the dirt, try it out! After about 3 minutes, I felt the edge of a target, but it didn't quite feel like a coin. I opened my eyes and noticed that I had picked up a worm...now that explains the wet feeling. LMAO I threw her over my shoulder and closed my eyes again. My skillful fingas locked in on another target...this one felt like what I had been hoping for. Before I plucked my eyes o-pen, I yelled, "Coppa!" That was when the guys were at my side and jumping around with me...it was a fun celebration. Since my detector was about 10 yards away, and I had to get back to detecting, I decided to partake in another happy celebration...I skipped, kind of like a Victorian babe would do through a meadow in 1871, to my loving machine: the machine that scored KirkPA another old coppa, baby! The coin turned out to be an 1831 Coronet cent!

After that recovery, I retrieved a nice cuff but-tin. After plucking it from the depths, I looked at it, while fluttering my eyebrows, kind of like a babe would have done in 1912 after being commented on how nicely she had shaved her legs, "Oh, how pretty." I ended this metal detecting day with another but-tin and two dropped musketballs.

Oh, PACO also found a great coin...he will tell.

Hunt 2: Saturdee. Where: The Coronet Field. Who: KirkPA, zoyboy, PACO, and a mystery guest.

Since PACO's wife was in New York for the day and he didn't have anything else to do, he decided to flip a coin (this is what he told us)...well, to make a long story short, it landed on "Metal Detecting." At 12:45 in the p.m. PA time, he called our home, "Kirk, you there?" Since I wasn't there and zoy was, he picked up the phone, "Yo, PACO, it is zoyster." So, they went through their usual conversation...it ended with PACO stating, "I will pick you up at 1:30. Darn, too bad Kirk can't go."

At 1:15 in the afta-noon, KirkPA saunters into his dwelling, with his babe on his arm, and upon entering, zoy is in full sentence, "PACO called twenty minutes ago, probably Coronet field, he will be here in 15 minutes, do you have time? Oh, Stacia is with you." Then, with my puppy dog face, I asked Stacia, "Honey Poo, can I?' Since she is supportive of my hobby, she states back, "Go ahead! Find a coppa!" LMAO

At 1:30 PA time, PACO arrives and we are off to our destination: The Coronet Field aka The Best Field in PA. As soon as we got out of the van, we were running out to the site of the Coronet excavations. Guess who won the race? After the race, we started to sweep. After about two hours of sweeping and very few finds, I noticed a gentleman walking across the field to PACO. Since he didn't look familiar, I decided to walk over to PACO to meet up with him, too. Zoy was soon there as well.

After some further chat, the mystery guy looked over at me with a puzzled look and stated, "Are you guys on the Tnet forum?" That was when zoy, PACO, and I exclaimed, "Yes!" That was when he started to laugh super hard, "No way, you must be KirkPA. Sh*t, you must be zoyster. You must be PACO!" After that, we were all shaking hands and laughing hysterically. He later identified himself as "vpone." Once he got his detector out of his trunk to join us in the hunt (he swings an SE), we decided to ask him a question, "Kevin, would you like to become a member of 'Bone Dry Detecting'?" With all of his excitement and enthusiam, he stated, "Hell yeah!" So, dudes, to make a long story short, we welcomed a new member to our club: vpone. He shares the same passion and displays the same excitement as we do for the hobby. Welcome to the club, buddy!

With very little time before the sunset, we all attacked the field. In about 30 minutes of time, I soon got a jumpy, deep-sounding "Quarter" hit. I thought, "No way!" After digging down to the exteme depth of 8", I soon saw the green disc, on edge, in the side of the hole. I stood up, and shouted to the guys, "Large coppa!" That was when vpone, PACO, zoy all ran to me and congratulated me with numerous handshakes. Heck, even vpone joined in the "coppa" celebration. He fit right in with the group...jumping around, handshaking, etc. The coin turned out to be a holed 1837-1839 modified Coronet cent. After that recovery, we got back to business. Zoy was soon yelling out a great find (he will tell you).

The day ended after that and we soon met at the vehicles. Since we were heading to the tavern site the next day, we asked vpone to join us. Since he is part of our club, he will detect every one of our sites with us.

Hunt 3: Sundee. Where: Colonial tavern. Who: KirkPA, zoyboy, PACO, and vpone.

At 8:10 a.m., we all met at the local uni-mart and headed off in two vehicles. Upon arriving to the site, I could tell that vpone was super excited to begin hunting. We were all soon walking out to the site of the defunct wayside tavern. We told him about the artifact dispersal before we even turned our machines on. PACO, zoy, and I wanted to see him dig his 1st Colonial coin!

To make another long story short, I didn't do too well. I only found part of a Colonial shoe buckle, a Colonial seal, and a Flower but-tin. But, even though I didn't find anything decent, I got my thrill for the day when vpone excavated an awesome coin (he will tell you). I was truly happy for our newest member. After he found the coin, I stated, "This is your initiation into the club!" Oh, soon after this coin recovery, PACO recovered another awesome coin.

Overall, it was a fun day filled with some fun celebrations. LOL Once again, vpone, welcome to our club. PACO, zoy, and I are all thrilled to have you join us in our adventures. We will make a great team!

*All relics were found on private property with the total consent from the sweet souls who own the prop-perty.

CoronetField006.jpg

Upvote 0

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk,
I thought you were either on vacation, or loaded down with so many coppas you sunk into the soft soil of one of the fields. ;D I was just getting ready to send out an APB for you. (Another Party Babe) ;)
Congrats on the great finds Big Guy.
-MM-

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Thanks, buddy, I have been kicking some butt lately. I have only found 6 coins in almost two weeks (5 Large coppas and a Capped Bust). This is what the hobby is all about!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
...From my honest metal detecting heart, I kiss thy own gentle hand and display my gentle lipstick mark for you dudes to view. Also, if you would be so kind, imprint that image into your own heart and like a lit candle, allow it to flutter in its own purity with your every thought of love for KirkPA.

Now that's the Kirk we've all grown to love....welcome back, buddy!!!

Damn, you have an SE dude in your club now?? I wish you continued success at your sites...keep the streak alive!!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Captn_SE said:
...From my honest metal detecting heart, I kiss thy own gentle hand and display my gentle lipstick mark for you dudes to view. Also, if you would be so kind, imprint that image into your own heart and like a lit candle, allow it to flutter in its own purity with your every thought of love for KirkPA.

Now that's the Kirk we've all grown to love....welcome back, buddy!!!

Damn, you have an SE dude in your club now?? I wish you continued success at your sites...keep the streak alive!!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Yup, he has an SE. I hope my luck will continue. Actually, we have been all kicking some butt lately. PACO has been striking coppas as well. Vpone will post his coin sometime soon.

Keep striking the oldies, Dan!

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Glad to have ya back, and up to your old antics. I knew there was something missing from this forum.

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina
Kirk another fantastic and amusing post :) The great storyteller you are and an even greater detector and kind spirited person :) The finds look great to me ! I had missed you but thought that you were bogged down with work and studies !! Great post Mr Kirk ;D

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
You are a semi-great gibbon datectarist, KirkPA! :D You make this gibbon proud of you! :D Also, Mr. Walter would be proud of your recoveries. As stated by Mr. Walter to my uncle in 2003, "Chris, I'm not really into them new coins, such as Mercs, Wheats, and clad. I will go aaaaall year for a few coins, which are usually early 1800s or older."

zoyster

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Those places just keep giving and giving and hopefully we will see more goodies!! Congrats on that big copper!!

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Kirk. I was wondering where you were bud. Haven't seen you on the site lately. Another great post with some great finds. These people sure got a kick out of putting holes in the middle of their coppas. Interesting. Like I said on Zoy's thread, tell Vpone hes got some big shoes to fill. I'm looking forward to his post also, and Paco's as well.

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's a true metal detecting club when an SE and a whites can swing alongside and be happy ;D
That's what it's all about

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Evolution said:
Way to go Kirk. I was wondering where you were bud. Haven't seen you on the site lately. Another great post with some great finds. These people sure got a kick out of putting holes in the middle of their coppas. Interesting. Like I said on Zoy's thread, tell Vpone hes got some big shoes to fill. I'm looking forward to his post also, and Paco's as well.

The dude must have been bored or just liked to punch holes through the middle of the coppas. It is interesting. Vpone will do just fine in our club. He even stated to me, "It is just a thrill to see someone dig something old. I don't care if I don't dig it." That is the way I feel, too.

*Hint about PACO's coin...over 250 years old. ;)

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yo Kirkster, yer Shamokin ancesta down here was wonderin' wer ya got 2. I kind a figured you wer in hiding after this past weekend. I mentioned yer name at the Gold & Treasure show this past weekend and they threatened to call the cops. But Richster knos better' he aways proteks his Williamsport buddies :-*

Welcome back.............The Richster

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
silverfreak said:
Now that's a true metal detecting club when an SE and a whites can swing alongside and be happy ;D
That's what it's all about

We all swing awesome machines, so we are all lethal!

God bless the hobby of metal detecting.

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Rich in Central PA said:
Yo Kirkster, yer Shamokin ancesta down here was wonderin' wer ya got 2. I kind a figured you wer in hiding after this past weekend. I mentioned yer name at the Gold & Treasure show this past weekend and they threatened to call the cops. But Richster knos better' he aways proteks his Williamsport buddies :-*

Welcome back.............The Richster

Now, why would you do that? LMAO I told you to not mention my name. hahaha I am happy to make the Chain cent master proud. ;) :D ;D

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome back kirk.... I thought it was too dam quiet on here.... if you dont mind me asking where in pa are you? I grew up in pa... Narberth, Pa... just curious..

bootybay

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
bootybay said:
welcome back kirk.... I thought it was too dam quiet on here.... if you dont mind me asking where in pa are you? I grew up in pa... Narberth, Pa... just curious..

bootybay

Williamsport, PA.

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wonderin were the hellooooo y'all were at.My bud has an SE and he's been kickin my ash lately ! In fact I've decided to take a few courses in rocket science at the local colage so's I can get me one ! :D About the racein thing ....remember the story of the old bull and the young bull.... ;) ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions