More Finds from the Scrap Bucket...Updated!!Viking.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:

I have been finding some neat stuff over the last week or so :o the snow has restricked any detecting and it snowed last night again ::) so it was back to the scrap Bucket :wink:

The first thing I noticed was a small round Bronze object :icon_scratch: this turned out to be a coin that someone had started to turn into a ring :o can make out a right facing portraite of :dontknow: but can't make anything out from the reverse :'(

A couple of Roman items turned up :) a Roman nail cleaner and part of a Bell :o I also found a small Saxon Catterpillar Brooch :o :o

A piece of Bronze open work also which I think could be Viking :dontknow: but I'm not quite sure :dontknow: and a fragment of Medieval purse bar ;D

SS

Attachments

• bktf 001.JPG
    bktf 001.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 1,819
  • bktf 008.JPG
    bktf 008.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 1,812
  • bktf 006.JPG
    bktf 006.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,820
  • bktf 011.JPG
    bktf 011.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,816
  • bktf 012.JPG
    bktf 012.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 1,820
  • bktf 013.JPG
    bktf 013.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 1,823
  • bktf 014.JPG
    bktf 014.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,807
  • bktf 015.JPG
    bktf 015.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 1,798
  • bktf 016.JPG
    bktf 016.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 1,737
  • bktf 017.JPG
    bktf 017.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 1,744
Upvote 0

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:
Iron Patch said:
Silver Searcher said:
Iron Patch said:
Silver Searcher said:
Iron Patch said:
Silver Searcher said:
Iron Patch said:
Silver Searcher said:
Iron Patch said:
Silver Searcher said:
Iron Patch said:
Silver Searcher said:
::)

Bit of track guys but never mind :D the only reason that the coin I posted, has edges like that, was for like I said....to turn it into a ring. Made from a George1 half penny :thumbsup:

SS

I agree, quite likely agree but if you read you'll see we are just throwing other suggestions out there and... the coin is George III.
That's what I said :wink:

oh yeah... I forgot I=III

Shaun should find something that will equal cartwheel, then maybe he could find one. ;D
shall I send him one ;D

Actually... I was going to dig mine out the other day. I feel like I've found quite a few, but probably much less if I did a count. We do dig quite a few large coppers and the cartwheels are only a small %.
I have given away quite a few :-\

Don't tell me Shaun showed up again at Christmas wearing his Santa suit and ringing his Salvation Army bell.
A freind of mine has just sold two stunning examples of the Cartwheel for £75 each, the ships were still visible, never seen one dug with the ship still there, I think he could have got more.

You mean he sold his non dug examples?

The problem is there's a never ending supply of high grade ones on Ebay. I've had nice examples of both the penny and twopence at one time or another. If I was a buying collector I would have held on to them.
No they were dug examples. still command a high price in Spinks...£1000 for Penny unc, £1200 for a two.

I've seen a lot of cartwheels sold and 75£ is VERY high for a dug one. I sold a very nice non dug for $80 USD and that was fair. Are you sure you got you s__t straight? ;D
£75..is what the man said, no reason to doubt him, think a Canadian bought them ;D

I certainly haven't seen dug examples get anywhere near that.... but have seen some pretty crazy prices so anything is possible.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One time I had a coin not sell for $14.99, relisted it starting at a dollar and got over $100. Explain that one! :dontknow:

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
One time I had a coin not sell for $14.99, relisted it starting at a dollar and got over $100. Explain that one! :dontknow:
It usually works the outher way around for me :'( had one listed made £56, sale fell through, £36 second time around :'(

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:
Iron Patch said:
It usually works the outher way around for me :'( had one listed made £56, sale fell through, £36 second time around :'(

Well that can certainly happen too! One thing doesn't really matter to me, it's having an entire night fail that can really hurt.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:

seen & done similar over & over

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread