More signs or is it my imagination...

doggrowl

May 16, 2014
Northern Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are on government property and are not accessed by the general public. It is a property directly next to the Potomac River. The "turtle face" may be a figment of my imagination, but the turtle's "eye" is man made. Looks like someone could have stood above the rock formation and popped the eye with a pickaxe. The turtle stares diagonally across the river. Directly across from the turtle is a tree with a heart on it. Down from the Heart tree (towards the river) is a tree with 2 blazes on it. Any thoughts on this or should i stay out of the sun.

Turtle Head Detail.jpg Turtle head.jpg Heart.jpg

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
What are you fishing at? That those "signs" mean treasure ? If so, then yes, this is your imagination.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what does your detector tell you is there

liftloop

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are on government property and are not accessed by the general public. It is a property directly next to the Potomac River. The "turtle face" may be a figment of my imagination, but the turtle's "eye" is man made. Looks like someone could have stood above the rock formation and popped the eye with a pickaxe. The turtle stares diagonally across the river. Directly across from the turtle is a tree with a heart on it. Down from the Heart tree (towards the river) is a tree with 2 blazes on it. Any thoughts on this or should i stay out of the sun.

View attachment 996241 View attachment 996242 View attachment 996243

I think the turtle is pareidoila, meaning its tricking your mind into believing its a turtle.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's one of those painting, were the eyes look as if there watching you from all angles...
and how would you know a bout a guy and a pick axe...

liftloop

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is something I know nothing about, with these pic in rocks. I can't see most of them, this one I could actually see. I agree with Red. That tree can't be that old. And when I was young, we would carve things in trees all over the place in remote areas thinking we would one day return.Now, I'm not promoting carving things in trees!lol

Among other things I have done in my youth, with, on, in and another person holding on...oops...: X

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
It is something I know nothing about, with these pic in rocks. I can't see most of them, this one I could actually see. I agree with Red. That tree can't be that old. And when I was young, we would carve things in trees all over the place in remote areas thinking we would one day return.Now, I'm not promoting carving things in trees!lol

Ive seen some old trees :laughing9:that isnt one of them.I saw a tree once with a house brick almost embedded in it,theres a spot close to town here,virgin forest.Nothing in it except huge fir trees and ferns,it would take to to three people holding hands to get their arms around them.Kind of creepy,almost prehistoric.The land was untouched.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Some of these things could be made by people playing..I have found Spanish Markers mixed with KGC markers..Separating these things is very hard and what you think they mean can be completely wrong..Art

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wouldn't hurt to check it out while you're there, you never know. Just be carefully if the tree signs aren't that old it could be a cache site of the more recent kind, where the people aren't long dead. Stranger things have happened.

OP
OP
doggrowl

doggrowl

May 16, 2014
Northern Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Tom...not fishing just getting opinions from you folks with the knowledge. And I appreciate it. This is Northern VA...lots of Confederate gold hisgtory, I'm just starting to notice things the more I learn.

OP
OP
doggrowl

doggrowl

May 16, 2014
Northern Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the input, good to see you folks have a sense of humor :laughing7:

I'm so new to this my metal detector is a big dog and kicking the dirt on the other side of the tree he is watering...but never discount the things that show up when they get wet :laughing7:

OP
OP
doggrowl

doggrowl

May 16, 2014
Northern Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MuckyBottles, I'm honored with your reply...new to this forum and treasure hunting in general, but I see on here that you know your stuff :notworthy: I will keep looking Thanks

OP
OP
doggrowl

doggrowl

May 16, 2014
Northern Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LiftLoop...thanks for your reply...as for the pickaxe...did my time on the Rock Island Railroad in Missouri as a trackman and now working heavy civil construction...I have seen quite a few things hit with a pickaxe...the rock formation may be natural, but the "eye" looks to me like a clean shot with a full swing...point to rock especially sandstone pops that divot out...thanks for your answer...I will keep looking:find:

OP
OP
doggrowl

doggrowl

May 16, 2014
Northern Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red James...thanks, I agree, just that it seemed in the logical place to look from the "Turtle's" gaze...I will keep looking...Northen VA has a history of people making signs and hiding stuff...right now I am stuck with using what I read in books (book larning is hard!) but fortunately I found this site and have the knowledge from you folks to educate me

OP
OP
doggrowl

doggrowl

May 16, 2014
Northern Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nitric...well crap now I have to Gogle KGC "mouse...and Confederate chipmunks...it never ends...they are so clever those gold hiding animal lovers Thanks for the answer

OP
OP
doggrowl

doggrowl

May 16, 2014
Northern Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Msbeepbeep...thanks I will...I will take new treasure it won't hurt my feelings if it didn't drop from Jesse James' pocket

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread