Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Which way is the turtle looking? East or west?

OP
OP
doggrowl

doggrowl

May 16, 2014
Northern Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MuckyBottles...according to the Environmentalists that are all over us at the work site...it must be a Wood Turtle...God help us if we do anything to one if we see it lol...thanks for all the response...of course if that excavator drags up gold I will have all of you over to give that turtle a big wet one lol...good luck in your hungts

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
At least your eye catches unusual stuff. That leads to spotting whats out of place and can possibly make for shorter work when your on a hunt. Like hunting certain mushrooms there is no better way than looking for them(and finding that first of the season each year) to train ones eyes. Imagination has its place at times cache hunting. H.H.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At least your eye catches unusual stuff. That leads to spotting whats out of place and can possibly make for shorter work when your on a hunt. Like hunting certain mushrooms there is no better way than looking for them(and finding that first of the season each year) to train ones eyes. Imagination has its place at times cache hunting. H.H.

"Imagination has its place at times cache hunting." .... Mr. releventchair no truer words were ever spoken!!!!!!! EVER!

OP
OP
doggrowl

doggrowl

May 16, 2014
Northern Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boatlode...I am looking for this book on Amazon...THANKS!!

Any books on turkey tracks...about 20 years ago I took my kids on a Nature Trail hike at Pickle Springs in Missouri. My youngest son would climb any and everything. We came to three rock spires about 12 - 14 feet high. He climbs up to the top and tells me he found a dinosaur footprint. I figure there is no way it ended up there so I climb up there to see. Sure enough, it is the typical three-toed footprint about 4 - 6 inches long and deep into the stone. I never gave it another thought until last year when I read Rebel Gold and books on Jesse James (Missouri is Jesse James lore rich) that I saw the turkey tracks used as treasure markers. Now I know it wasn't a dinosaur footprint, it was a TURKEY TRACK. It will be interesting to go back and climb that rock spire with binoculars and see where the turkey track points. Thanks again for the book info.

OP
OP
doggrowl

doggrowl

May 16, 2014
Northern Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Relevantchair...thanks for the support...I definitely have the itch to find more clues. Next step is to get a good metal detector. It would be useful to see through this fine Virginia clay...but I see that I have dues to pay like all of you have and it comes with a detector and a shovel.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
These are on government property and are not accessed by the general public. It is a property directly next to the Potomac River. The "turtle face" may be a figment of my imagination, but the turtle's "eye" is man made. Looks like someone could have stood above the rock formation and popped the eye with a pickaxe. The turtle stares diagonally across the river. Directly across from the turtle is a tree with a heart on it. Down from the Heart tree (towards the river) is a tree with 2 blazes on it. Any thoughts on this or should i stay out of the sun.
What i do not under stand if it is no open to the general public what are you doing there …And how did lovers get to put the heart on the tree?

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
What i do not under stand if it is no open to the general public what are you doing there …And how did lovers get to put the heart on the tree?

...Sounds like maybe he's working in the area, and probably just snapping pics
at lunch for exercise and practice,
The Lovers probably walked there a few years ago not knowing or paying attention
if there was a sign, carved the heart, no initials to possibly have to modify later,
why are you a Federal Park Ranger...Just wonderin' bout your uniform there...

Since he didn't show a pic of the supposed blazes on the tree further on from the
heart tree, Hypothetically just guessing of course...8-):cross:
..."Let no one know who what where when or why?"...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread