rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Great bunch of pics, Mick!

;D

Gosh, WHO are those idiots who put up that sign?

I'd surely be happier to see something on cardboard saying the road is rough ahead,
but there's a possibility of finding gold that could start a new boom!

A durn map would be better than the stoopid sign!

We gotta stop sending a check to those sign people...

Enjoy the summer's riding, Mick!

:thumbsup:
rmptr

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
I found this claim to Worlds Longest Motorcycle on a Russian site. 34ft. ?
...and the shaft drive apparently runs the whole length! (I think I would have done differently.)
longbike.jpg
longbike2.jpg
:thumbsup:
rmptr

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
How about the smallest?

Attachments

• small mc.jpg
    small mc.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 355

Tomas Frijole

Jan 6, 2009
west branch
Detector(s) used
ace
Montana Jim said:
Silverthorn said:
Sears and Roebuck built or had a motorcycle in the 60’s. I’m not kidding, I just saw an old ad for one. I remember seeing them in the store and in the catalog. It was called a Sears and Roebuck but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was built by Briggs and Stratton or Honda. Chrysler just brought out a huge motorcycle. I don’t know if you want to count these special bikes.

Sears Motorcycles, Scooters and Mopeds... 1951 - 1966 (European models... is this the same thing?)
http://www.cybermotorcycle.com/euro/brands/sears_allstate.htm

Chrysler's Tomahawk (for bazillionairs only)
http://cad.digitalmedianet.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=27140

Great bikes those Sears, I have 3. Two are '64' 175cc's with successive serial numbers, dad bought for the cabin. Been sitting next to each other since they came off the assembly line in Germany. Thanks for the link.

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
even smaller

Attachments

• SMALLTOE 004.jpg
    SMALLTOE 004.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 321
  • 2004-03_midgetmc.jpg
    2004-03_midgetmc.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 351
  • smallmc2.jpg
    smallmc2.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 354

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
My 83 FLHT shovelhead posted earlier has now been retired for a year or so

as I picked up a low mileage 98 Heritage Classic softtail at an auction the other night for a fantasic price

and to think I was talked into going by a friend and only went to see what they might have in guitars

will post pic of it tomorrow

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Ha! Ha!

Wet to look for a guitar, huh? ;D

Can't wait to see the pics!

Hey BEF, why don't you start a "Motorcycles II" thread ?
This one takes a long time to load, through all the pictures...
Probably time for another...

Best
rmptr

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Bridge End Farm said:
My 83 FLHT shovelhead posted earlier has now been retired for a year or so to get her redone and restored back
as I picked up a low mileage 98 Heritage Classic softtail at an auction the other night for a fantasic price
and to think I was talked into going by a friend and only went to see what they might have in guitars
will post pic of it tomorrow

Here she is

Got 2 boxes of extra stuff, a few helmets, and the black trailer on left in the background of picture two came with it. Less than 6300 miles on it.
It cost less than my 79 Bronco did in 1979 new :)
It performed excellent on a dyna run I put it on and rode it about 80 miles so far.
Gave my red helmet today to my buddy that talked me into going to the auction and thinking of other things
He has wanted it for a long time it matches his HD perfectly.

Going to take it to Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Pikes Peak and round back through the North in July with a other friends.

Do we need a new thread? Jim it's your decision as you started this one

Attachments

• 98 heritage.JPG
    98 heritage.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 280
  • 98 heritage 2.JPG
    98 heritage 2.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 303

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I became a biker in the 70s. Had a 350 Honda for a couple of years until I got more adventuresome and moved up to a 650 Yamaha two banger. The Yamaha would cruise an honest 85 on the interstate and was real quick but not a cross country bike. After a couple hundred miles your hands vibrated to sleep. It was this bike that taught me there was no safe way to lay one down. I dropped it once going about 10 mph when my front tire got caught between two railroad tracks. Even a that speed it hurt. I was looking at the "new" 750 Hondas when I started my family. It got to where every time I got on that bike someone tried to run over me or ran me off the road by driving with their head up their a$$. I thought my kids deserved to have a father so I got off and never got back on. I missed it and it was fun and I don't blame anyone who has the nerve to risk it all, but I guess that's part of the thrill? I will never understand how anyone can ride in shorts and no helmet. I have seen a couple of dozen or so fatal or near fatal accidents involving bikes and nearly every fatality the person killed had no helmet on and about half of his/her head was laying on the pavement. I saw one guy that laid his down at about 85 wearing shorts, flip flops and a tee shirt. He ate about a quarter mile of pavement and there was barely a spot on him that had any skin left. He didn't die, but he looked like he had been burned in a fire! A little old lady he was passing decided to change lanes without looking in her 1963 Plymouth Valiant and bumped his wheel just hard enough to put him down. I was two cars back and I didn't think he was ever going to stop sliding. He looked like a rare steak when I got to him and there was nothing I could do for him. Besides the pavement burns he only had a broken leg and nose. No, I don't have a picture!

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Monty said:
I became a biker in the 70s. Had a 350 Honda for a couple of years until I got more adventuresome and moved up to a 650 Yamaha two banger. The Yamaha would cruise an honest 85 on the interstate and was real quick but not a cross country bike. After a couple hundred miles your hands vibrated to sleep. It was this bike that taught me there was no safe way to lay one down. I dropped it once going about 10 mph when my front tire got caught between two railroad tracks. Even a that speed it hurt. I was looking at the "new" 750 Hondas when I started my family. It got to where every time I got on that bike someone tried to run over me or ran me off the road by driving with their head up their a$$. I thought my kids deserved to have a father so I got off and never got back on. I missed it and it was fun and I don't blame anyone who has the nerve to risk it all, but I guess that's part of the thrill? I will never understand how anyone can ride in shorts and no helmet. I have seen a couple of dozen or so fatal or near fatal accidents involving bikes and nearly every fatality the person killed had no helmet on and about half of his/her head was laying on the pavement. I saw one guy that laid his down at about 85 wearing shorts, flip flops and a tee shirt. He ate about a quarter mile of pavement and there was barely a spot on him that had any skin left. He didn't die, but he looked like he had been burned in a fire! A little old lady he was passing decided to change lanes without looking in her 1963 Plymouth Valiant and bumped his wheel just hard enough to put him down. I was two cars back and I didn't think he was ever going to stop sliding. He looked like a rare steak when I got to him and there was nothing I could do for him. Besides the pavement burns he only had a broken leg and nose. No, I don't have a picture!
Monty said:

Monty

I cruised around the USA on a Honda 350 Four out of High School, back when speed limits were 55 lol

It was a fine machine and dependable. I never had any problems with it.

great machine

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the little 350 was the mainstay of the Honda until they came out with the 750 to try to compete with Harley, Motoguzzi, BMW and the other road bikes. That was about the time the Harley folks down sized their Hog and the quality control went to hell. Otherwise, Honda would still be making 350s. as the top of the line , or at least that's what I believe. Today's Harleys are a new breed however. Monty

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys and gals.................guess I'll show off my bike too....a 2006 Heritage Softail Classic. These were taken in March 2009. I love my Harley.................Rich

Attachments

• March 18#2, 2009.jpg
    March 18#2, 2009.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 274
  • March 18#1, 2009.jpg
    March 18#1, 2009.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 283

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mine

Attachments

• 200784192125.jpg
    200784192125.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 199
  • 200632922479.jpg
    200632922479.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 220
  • 200784191348.jpg
    200784191348.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 212
  • 200784192125.jpg
    200784192125.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 223

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok heres mine a 2001 1200 Custom , my first Sportster an after a few tweaks one of the fastest lil Harley's I've ever ridden, this is pic was taken a week before my wreck with it .the bike was won in a raffle in Dubi by my boss an brought back home curtisy of the US Navy , it had less than 2k on it when I stole it oops meen bought it . my youngest luvs bikes an can tell you by the sound if its a Harley or not this was her time on it .waiting to get back on my feet to get another bike miss being in the wind .

Attachments

• 200784192125.jpg
    200784192125.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 250
  • GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 251
  • 200784192125.jpg
    200784192125.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 230

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread