🥇 BANNER My best find in 20 years!!! Incredible Ring!!!

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
After yesterday's great barber half find I was going to take a break today but the detecting bug woke me up early and said lets go, and sooooo glad I did. I have found many rings over the years but not any that I can really brag about, till today! Was going to head to my barber lot when on my way there I took a different route about 5 minutes away from it. Passing thru a neighborhood that dates back to the early 1900's when I seen one of the homes had recently been tore down and a empty lot was screaming at me to stop. After a very slow start and a few wheats and a mercury dime later I was thinking, not as good as I thought it was going to be, than bam! A strong 81-82 on my At pro, dug down about 4" when I seen it, still not sure what I had till I picked it up and realized I found my best ring ever. Looks from the style to be from the 1920's, Amethyst and diamonds and is 10k marked. Taking to Jewelers this week for cleaning and appraisal. I am one happy guy.

ForumRunner_20140202_164836.png

ForumRunner_20140202_164857.png

ForumRunner_20140202_164917.png

ForumRunner_20140202_164936.png

ForumRunner_20140202_164956.png

ForumRunner_20140202_165026.png

ForumRunner_20140202_165053.png

ForumRunner_20140202_165115.png

ForumRunner_20140202_165141.png

ForumRunner_20140202_165204.png

ForumRunner_20140202_165228.png

ForumRunner_20140202_165255.png

ForumRunner_20140202_165322.png

ForumRunner_20140202_165347.png

ForumRunner_20140202_165423.png

Upvote 107

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted to say
Congratz on the banner.
I just saw the ring on the scroll ,then looked to see who dug and was glad to to see the name rayrayvegas.
You started on here right before me & I have enjoyed your posts over the past year.

This was a very emotional thread [ just read it from it's begin] ,With all it's high's & low's.
but it ended up working out .
And it is a beautiful ring (even if late 20th Century)-it always makes me wonder how items got to where they were found.
(heck that type of bling could have been tossed by one of Tu-Pacs Killers back in 1997) LOL
Congratz on the Barber Half & the Merc.
P.s. I also found a ring with a "High Quality CZ" as well.. :icon_scratch:

Mi$terG

Jan 25, 2013
Eastern MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Ray- congratulations on a well-deserved banner. That is a beautiful ring regardless of it's appraised value.

OP
OP
rayrayvegas

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Still a Very Cool ring! :icon_thumleft: Sorry that it didn't turn out as expected, but I still feel that it is an awesome ring. The clarity on the stone makes it really stand out.

Thanks old digger, your concern and information givin to me was highly appreciated. And your right, the amethyst is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen.

OP
OP
rayrayvegas

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Just wanted to say
Congratz on the banner.
I just saw the ring on the scroll ,then looked to see who dug and was glad to to see the name rayrayvegas.
You started on here right before me & I have enjoyed your posts over the past year.

This was a very emotional thread [ just read it from it's begin] ,With all it's high's & low's.
but it ended up working out .
And it is a beautiful ring (even if late 20th Century)-it always makes me wonder how items got to where they were found.
(heck that type of bling could have been tossed by one of Tu-Pacs Killers back in 1997) LOL
Congratz on the Barber Half & the Merc.
P.s. I also found a ring with a "High Quality CZ" as well.. :icon_scratch:

Thanks Davers, I appreciate yoor comment, your right this has been a crazy last couple of days with highs and lows. But would relive it all over again for that feeling when I realized what I was holding in my hand. God luck on your hunts and I have enjoyed your posts also over the year.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For a po' boy like me, $675-750 is a nice reward for doing something I love to do anyway. Sorry it wasn't the retirement you wanted, but a beautiful find nonetheless. Congrats to you!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

OP
OP
rayrayvegas

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
I just want to thank everone who commented and followed me on this adventure. I also want to thank you for the Banner! Never thought I would receive one of these its a proud feeling and is so greatly appreciated. I hope I can still do this wonderful hobby until my bones become part of the earth, it is fulfilling to me beyond words. Now everyone get out there and find your Banners, be safe and Happy Hunting!

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think the diamonds are cz and the cost in my opinion is 250-350 dollars
CZs were first commercially available in 1976, so unless our guesstimates for the ring age are way off this would not be the case.

Touché Mr Gunntekk1! I think his other silver finds and their dates threw us off!

Still a beautiful ring and congrats on the banner!

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice ring rayray. Congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WAY TO GO RAY!!!! Your ring l@@ks great up there on the banner train.
Congrats Big Guy. :hello2:
-Doug-

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on banner rayrayvegas! The beautiful ring and thrill of the hunt are yours for all time! A big thank you for taking the rest if us along for the ride it was a real thrill, and that's what it's all about !
And your detector and tools are now Paid for! Not bad, not bad at all! Nice job!

Now I can clean all the drool off my screen.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely stunning!!! That's the sort of find that motivates me to get out there too :)

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWESOME find Ray and congrats on a well deserved banner!!! :thumbsup: Worst case scenario is that the ring is as the appraiser stated, so basically you dug up 7 one hundred dollar bills....a great day indeed. That said.....is the appraiser you used a reputable one? Even though you told him you were not gonna sell it, there are some unsavory appraisers out there and some will give you less than truthful appraisals hoping to buy cheap and sell for a big profit....honesty may be a virtue, but many dealers seem to lack alot of it!! Take itto someone you KNOW is honest and has a good reputation and have them take a look at it....they may differ on opinion of what it is and it's value. That ring is gorgeous and as I said earlier...worst case scenario is that you are $700 richer....a pretty good day to say the least!!! If you do at some point decide to sell it...try it on EBay for you are likely to generate more interest there and get a better price.
Again....sweet beautiful find and CONGRATS!!!

gunntekk1

Mar 19, 2005
Newport PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200 and ACE 250, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok so I was a little off on the price, it was a chunky ring congrats RAY RAY for the banner

OP
OP
rayrayvegas

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
ok so I was a little off on the price, it was a chunky ring congrats RAY RAY for the banner

Gunntekk I had my doubts and didn't want to believe your post but u were dead on. Thanks for following and your input.HH

Last edited:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not such a fan of rings, but that one does have a nice appeal to it...

tidetraveler

Nov 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Super ring find! Congrats on your banner:notworthy:

Jamesbondaka

Mar 18, 2010
Portland, Oregon/ I travel
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
V3i xlt dfx gmt mxt f75 Exp SE ace 150 Umax etrac goldmaster coinmaster Cz-5 Cz-3D Goldengate 3D BH 300 ctx 3030 jeohunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nicest ring Ive seen in a while!:icon_thumright:

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the banner-=

Very nice ring-- the wife would love that 1 !!!!

Keeps us hunting for the next big thrill.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread