Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a milestone for me, A dear friend and I hit the beaches today, I didnt expect anything more then the usual clad.. BOY WAS I WRONG.. The first ten minutes into the hunt, I dug up a 1942 Mercury dime..at first I thought it was clad, it was that yucky dirty looking, till I flipped it over and saw the Mercury head, I WAS THRILLED TO DEATH, MY FIRST MERCURY DIME.. I ran and showed my buddy, he was as excited as I was.. So we're humming along, having a good ole time, sweating our buns off.. clad here, clad there, no problem as Mumzie would say, I'll take it.. So we break for lunch, hit the sands again, I get this sweet high pitched sound, again this one was different, it had a ring to it.. so I dug and I said OMG ANOTHER ONE.. You bet your metal detecting butt it by God was another Silver Mercury, 1923... I just about had heart failure, infact, I was on such a silver high, that I didnt see the small wave comming a few minutes after finding that 1923 in the dry sand, and now I was in the wet sand, and there goes my new sneakers, But..that water felt so good, My good buddy Rick, laughed n I said, OMG THAT FEELS SOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD, then I said well, heck, I might as well try a lil water hunting ( as I am watching for ugly clear and then the ugly brownish jelly fish YUCK) so I water hunted a tad enjoying my wet stroll thru the waves, I didnt care if I found anything in the water or not, I was on a sliver high, I was cooled off now that I was WET and squishy in my sneakers... It just didnt matter.. of course Rick, did mighty fine too today, lots of clad and a watch too that he found, and was still ticking.. So ladies n gents.. thats it for today.. I broke into a new world, found my first Mercury dime ( 2 in fact ) and feel like Just MAYBE I am starting to get along with my xt70.

psst, sorry bout the crappy pic, I tried to get em clear as possible...
One dime, the dark one, was found in wet sand.. the nicer one was found in dry sand

BootyBay

Attachments

• frontdimes.jpg
    frontdimes.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,206
  • backmercs.jpg
    backmercs.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,212
Upvote 0

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's wonderful, Boots!! Amazing that you found those at the beach. :icon_sunny:

Have you been having rough weather lately to stir up the sand??

OP
OP
bootybay

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all very much..
Mona, we are supposed to get some bad weather this comming weekend, due to the storms..so am hoping I can hit the beaches again.. and I have no clue how mercury's got onthe beach.. beats the heck outta me..

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Booty on your first Mercs!!! :thumbsup:
Even today I still love finding those coins. One of the best designs ever I think.
-MM-
:occasion18: :occasion14:

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going Booty,
Thought maybe you were ready to throw that thing over to me for my M6... Darn!

SKD

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
A BIG CONGRATS TO YA RAE!!! :thumbsup: Your post really shows how good you felt finding those beauties.
WTG, Mike

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice Job on the first Merc. Booty....So far you have found twice as many Merc's than I have ;D ;D ;D Congrat's!!!!!

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice mercs now I need to find some :thumbsup:

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, excellent day, Booty! WTG :thumbsup: Can't imagine a one-two Merc day!

Keep digging!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
psst now you see the effect of salt water on silver --- thats why the spanish coin was so dark that I set you --- long time in the ocean -- if long enought they will get black and kinda crusty looking too :wink: congrats on yer silver --- golds next

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread