Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a milestone for me, A dear friend and I hit the beaches today, I didnt expect anything more then the usual clad.. BOY WAS I WRONG.. The first ten minutes into the hunt, I dug up a 1942 Mercury dime..at first I thought it was clad, it was that yucky dirty looking, till I flipped it over and saw the Mercury head, I WAS THRILLED TO DEATH, MY FIRST MERCURY DIME.. I ran and showed my buddy, he was as excited as I was.. So we're humming along, having a good ole time, sweating our buns off.. clad here, clad there, no problem as Mumzie would say, I'll take it.. So we break for lunch, hit the sands again, I get this sweet high pitched sound, again this one was different, it had a ring to it.. so I dug and I said OMG ANOTHER ONE.. You bet your metal detecting butt it by God was another Silver Mercury, 1923... I just about had heart failure, infact, I was on such a silver high, that I didnt see the small wave comming a few minutes after finding that 1923 in the dry sand, and now I was in the wet sand, and there goes my new sneakers, But..that water felt so good, My good buddy Rick, laughed n I said, OMG THAT FEELS SOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD, then I said well, heck, I might as well try a lil water hunting ( as I am watching for ugly clear and then the ugly brownish jelly fish YUCK) so I water hunted a tad enjoying my wet stroll thru the waves, I didnt care if I found anything in the water or not, I was on a sliver high, I was cooled off now that I was WET and squishy in my sneakers... It just didnt matter.. of course Rick, did mighty fine too today, lots of clad and a watch too that he found, and was still ticking.. So ladies n gents.. thats it for today.. I broke into a new world, found my first Mercury dime ( 2 in fact ) and feel like Just MAYBE I am starting to get along with my xt70.

psst, sorry bout the crappy pic, I tried to get em clear as possible...
One dime, the dark one, was found in wet sand.. the nicer one was found in dry sand

BootyBay

Attachments

• frontdimes.jpg
    frontdimes.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,206
  • backmercs.jpg
    backmercs.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,212
Upvote 0
OP
OP
bootybay

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nope debby, the other one.. Ocean city

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job!!! :thumbsup:

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i just saw this now WOW! :o congrats on your first two Mercs! and to find them on the beach! something must have churned the sand up, they must have been there a long time. way to go Bootybay! :thumbsup:

dave in iowa

Jan 29, 2008
iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Track, Minelab S.E. , and a Whites Prizm 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds rae , good luck on your next hunt from dave.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on that silver, BBay!! :thumbsup:

Nana :wink:

Top Member Reactions