NC Question

Charles said:
Joe I think I am going to try Mt. Creek Tue or Wed. She said they bring in a Scoop load and you just help yourself.

Give me a shout if you want some company.

nc-joe said:
Charles said:
Joe I think I am going to try Mt. Creek Tue or Wed. She said they bring in a Scoop load and you just help yourself.

OK, I'm sending you a PM with my cell phone number. I'm going up Monday AM check out the hunting area in the afternoon. Will probable hunt early AM Tue and then head over there about 11AM to noon .
Charles

Charles said:
nc-joe said:
Charles said:

OK, I'm sending you a PM with my cell phone number. I'm going up Monday AM check out the hunting area in the afternoon. Will probable hunt early AM Tue and then head over there about 11AM to noon .
Charles

Sounds good, I PM'ed you back my cell number.

Joe, the guy getting my old motorcycle can't meet me in Albamarle till tomorrow morning. So am got going up until tomorrow early. I am shooting to be at Mt Creek gold mine at noon on wed.
I'll call you and if there is anyone else in the area that might want to join us, it sure would be nice.
Charles

Charles said:
Joe, the guy getting my old motorcycle can't meet me in Albamarle till tomorrow morning. So am got going up until tomorrow early. I am shooting to be at Mt Creek gold mine at noon on wed.
I'll call you and if there is anyone else in the area that might want to join us, it sure would be nice.
Charles

ok, I will see if anyone is interested.

Well, nc-joe and I made it to Mt Creek Gold Mine. I didn't find much but it was an enjoyable day and it was really nice to meet Joe in person. Spent some time with the owner Billy really nice guy.

IMG_0033.jpg

Joe workng that pan

IMG_0034.jpg

yep thats Joe hard at it.
IMG_0036.jpg

See any Gators Joe ? Mighty low water
IMG_0035.jpg

Joe swinging his Sovereign
IMG_0039.jpg

Mr Billy (owner) and Ms Betty

Had fun, wish we could have scored some decent gold.

Hope you find the other spot you were looking for!

Stopped by the National Forrest Office in Troy on the way out, they finally got in some topo maps of that area. Calling the Library tomorrow about the historical map...... and looking at a Desert Fox panning Machine for the area we talked about. ;D

glad you figured out how to change the settings. I knew after looking at the numbers that it was not reading the same as the cooridinances you had. Good luck at prospecting that area. I hope it produces some nice gold.

I'm dog sitting my partners pup while he is at bike week in Myrtle this weekend, come Tue of next week I'll be back for a week. Also got the Uwharrie Festival weekend after this one coming up.

mt creek looks like a good place i see that you can put in a dredge there.Ive found some pretty good gold in the uwharrie river,you can put in a dredge at low water bridge road its not in the forest and you can access the water from the right of way of the road.tedious work though black sand clogs your riffles in about 10 to 15 minutes.

klondike mike said:
mt creek looks like a good place i see that you can put in a dredge there.Ive found some pretty good gold in the uwharrie river,you can put in a dredge at low water bridge road its not in the forest and you can access the water from the right of way of the road.tedious work though black sand clogs your riffles in about 10 to 15 minutes.

klondike mike
welcome to Tnet. We have a few folks who dredge the Uwharrie River on here. Billy at Mt Creek charges $15.00 a day to Dredge at his location.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back